Saints trade Peterson to Arizona

whodatworm23

Hooray hopefully Peterson gets tons of carries for the Cardinals...My fantasy team is on life support right now.

In all seriousness I hope Ingram stays healthy this season or this could be a poor decision. If he stays healthy then it is probably for the best to make the trade. If gets injured I'll probably have a few rants on here about trading AP away lol

Kind of glad the AP experiment is over. Never really understood the signing in the first place....but it's turned into a free pick of some sort, so that's good.

Really like the fact the offense can become more focused now. No more trying to shoe horn AP in just to get touches.

30 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Kind of glad the AP experiment is over. Never really understood the signing in the first place....but it's turned into a free pick of some sort, so that's good.

Really like the fact the offense can become more focused now. No more trying to shoe horn AP in just to get touches.

Because if he looked anything like his MVP season in our offense then we got a steal, if not, well it wasn't going to cost us much.  Now we've cleared up some cap room going forward and got a pick back as well.

39 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I think the worst part of the AP experiment for me is it made our play calling so predictable. Every time he lined up in the back field, you totally knew it was going to be a run play. So opposing defenses just stacked the box.

Kamara and Ingram are going to be such a deadly duo. They compliment each other perfectly.

Do you think maybe one of the reasons we signed him was for this exact scenario? Rb's are bound to get injured and can be season ending for certain teams (Cardinals, Vikings). We essentially added running back depth while at the same time signed a household name that would draw trade interest in case another teams RB got injured. So was this an extremely smart signing by  the front office or did they just get lucky? AP never really fit our system and when we signed him the FO had to know that, in the end we basically got a free draft pick.

1 minute ago, Breesus said:

Do you think maybe one of the reasons we signed him was for this exact scenario? Rb's are bound to get injured and can be season ending for certain teams (Cardinals, Vikings). We essentially added running back depth while at the same time signed a household name that would draw trade interest in case another teams RB got injured. So was this an extremely smart signing by  the front office or did they just get lucky? AP never really fit our system and when we signed him the FO had to know that, in the end we basically got a free draft pick.

If they had planned this I think they would've given him more touches against the Dolphins to try and show off a "good game" from him and drive up his value

3 hours ago, Raves said:

Because if he looked anything like his MVP season in our offense then we got a steal, if not, well it wasn't going to cost us much.  Now we've cleared up some cap room going forward and got a pick back as well.

Who you kidding Raves? He could look like the second coming of jesus himself and you'd never know it. AP's playstyle was never going to fit the Saints system.

There's no way Payton was behind this.

Signed a (former) superstar to a bread & crackers contract, traded him after 4 games for a 6th round pick, and still have to really good backs........ this was not Payton's idea. This is probably Loomis trying to save his job and team.

I liked the signing.  AP is a guy that's worth taking a shot on to see if he has anything left in the tank.  However, it's clear he's worse than Ingram and Kamara, so I also approve of the trade.  

Also, do you think AP requested or demanded the trade?  You know he's not happy with four carries a game.

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I liked the signing.  AP is a guy that's worth taking a shot on to see if he has anything left in the tank.  However, it's clear he's worse than Ingram and Kamara, so I also approve of the trade.  

Also, do you think AP requested or demanded the trade?  You know he's not happy with four carries a game.

Peterson commented on how estatic he was hen he got the news. Other teams are reporting that the Saints have been actively seeking a trade partner since post week 1... I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE YOU AP WANTED THIS!!!

In the end the Saints paid 2.8 million for a conditional 2018 draft pick. I guess thats about right, I mean the Browns paid 16 million for a 2nd rounder from the Texans. Lol

12 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

In the end the Saints paid 2.8 million for a conditional 2018 draft pick. I guess thats about right, I mean the Browns paid 16 million for a 2nd rounder from the Texans. Lol

Hilarious, and great point!
We can complain about our front office all we want, but we'll all agree, at least we're not the Browns.

Archived