Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles at Carolina Panthers (Thursday Night!)

James

Just now, iknowcool said:

Do you guys think there is anything we can do to improve the run game or is it just a lost cause for the season?

The only thing I can think of is utilizing Cam more in the read-option but you don't want to subject Cam to many more hits.

I think we should just go for more of a "west coast" approach at this point. Make these short throws and check-downs as our main running game, add in some of the option-type stuff to mix it up.

Just now, Danger said:

To be fair, the Eagles are only allowing 62 YPG rushing coming into this game.

Its been an issue all year. We've wound up getting the bulk stats just based on being ahead and having one or two good rushing drives, but the offensive line just hasn't been getting anything done. Maybe getting Ryan Kalil back helps some, but it feels like the guards have taken a step back in the run game (literally a step or two back on a lot of plays).

On the bright side, we almost won despite no Olsen, no Kalil, no Coleman, no Luke for most of the game, and what appeared to be an injured Cam in the 4th.

I look forward to our game in Chicago where Kalil and Coleman should be back. And presumably Luke and Cam will be in sorta better shape. I wanna see us steamroll a bad team after the long break.

Run game is terrible though and we don't need to be calling bombs with 3 minutes left. Bad playcalling and bad decision making by Cam on that next to last drive.

a step backwards IMO highlighting some of our issues. no one on D really stepped up (although bredberry and j pepp looked good). run game was atrocious, maybe its time to give CAP some play? j stew looks done. cam made some bad decisions but you can't deny his drive to win almost getting himself crushed reaching for the goal line. some bad plays on O like j stew handing the ball to the def killed our O and crippled our D. playcalling was vanilla for the most part.  we now have 10 days to hopefully right some of these wrongs

Is it just me or do y'all feel like Worley has become a liability at corner? His bad angles and missed tackles have been atrocious leading to mid-game benches. 

I get it that it 's only his second year but Bradberry has made such a significanr jump that it reflects on Worley as a mere rotational guy at this point. 

IMO we go out this offseason and find someone who will push him or even take over at #2 CB.

9 minutes ago, Toughguy77 said:

Is it just me or do y'all feel like Worley has become a liability at corner? His bad angles and missed tackles have been atrocious leading to mid-game benches. 

I get it that it 's only his second year but Bradberry has made such a significanr jump that it reflects on Worley as a mere rotational guy at this point. 

IMO we go out this offseason and find someone who will push him or even take over at #2 CB.

Yeah, so far he hasn't progressed too well. Too early to completely write him off, but bringing in some competition in the offseason should definitely be a priority.

Archived