Week 15: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Team Football

naptownskinsfan

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Smith out, Gibson doubtful and three linebackers out on a pretty bad unit.  Gotta call this one 

giphy.gif

3 LBs out? Who else is out besides Holcomb & KPL? 

I think it’s a competitive game bc our DL dominates the average Seattle OL and I think we’ll double Metcalf w/ Fuller/Darby & Reaves but I do think we lose by around 7.

I think Haskins plays about average: 15/25, 250 yards

Seachickens: 23

Football Team: 19 (4 FGs & 1 TD)

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

3 LBs out? Who else is out besides Holcomb & KPL? 

I think it’s a competitive game bc our DL dominates the average Seattle OL and I think we’ll double Metcalf w/ Fuller/Darby & Reaves but I do think we lose by around 7.

I think Haskins plays about average: 15/25, 250 yards

Seachickens: 23

Football Team: 19 (4 FGs & 1 TD)

Might have read the report wrong but Davis didn't practic.  

If we double Metcalf, then what is that going to mean for Lockett?  It's essentially pick your poison. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Might have read the report wrong but Davis didn't practic.  

If we double Metcalf, then what is that going to mean for Lockett?  It's essentially pick your poison. 

Oh ok, well I could really give two craps if Thomas Davis plays or not. He’s a waste of a roster spot except for his veteran knowledge.

People who were saying back when we signed Thomas Davis were right. We should’ve signed a different LB to challenge Holcomb to be the SLB and made Thomas Davis into the assistant LBs coach.

If Thomas Davis doesn’t play I guess that means SDH will play SLB & Hudson may get his first start at WLB and while in one way that’s a concern, on the flip side I’m excited to see him play, he has a lot of talent and has pretty good coverage skills.

Teams have been doubling Metcalf the last few games and it’s been working. I agree it’s pick your poison, but the most important thing is to shut down Metcalf, which causes Wilson to hold the ball and then our pass rush needs to get home vs the suspect Seattle OL.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok, well I could really give two craps if Thomas Davis plays or not. He’s a waste of a roster spot except for his veteran knowledge.

People who were saying back when we signed Thomas Davis were right. We should’ve signed a different LB to challenge Holcomb to be the SLB and made Thomas Davis into the assistant LBs coach.

If Thomas Davis doesn’t play I guess that means SDH will play SLB & Hudson may get his first start at WLB and while in one way that’s a concern, on the flip side I’m excited to see him play, he has a lot of talent and has pretty good coverage skills.

Teams have been doubling Metcalf the last few games and it’s been working. I agree it’s pick your poison, but the most important thing is to shut down Metcalf, which causes Wilson to hold the ball and then our pass rush needs to get home vs the suspect Seattle OL.

What matters, at least with LBers, is the volume of guys who are going to be out, and the unit was arguably one of the worst in the league to begin with.  We're going to get destroyed in the second level tomorrow.  I'd let Metcalf take the doubles and just eat this defense alive with short and intermediate passes to Lockett, and getting Olsen and Carson involved to take advantage of the LBers as well. 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What matters, at least with LBers, is the volume of guys who are going to be out, and the unit was arguably one of the worst in the league to begin with.  We're going to get destroyed in the second level tomorrow.  I'd let Metcalf take the doubles and just eat this defense alive with short and intermediate passes to Lockett, and getting Olsen and Carson involved to take advantage of the LBers as well. 

It is what it is, we can't do anything about it. Honestly what they should do is play 3 safeties when Seattle goes 3 wide; put Akpe in at SS, move Curl to dime LB and have Reaves Shadow DKs side, or play 2 deep safeties w/Apke & Reaves splitting the field and Curl at dime LB. Something like that on 3rd and long/nickel D when Seattle has Moore in the game and Lockett in the slot is our best coverage grouping.