2021 Early NFL Declarations List

All these guys said they were either going to skip the bowl game or stopped their season early to "prepare for the draft", or they simply opted out.  Going to be hard to keep track of it this year with the ability for so many guys to return if they want for another season.  Could say for example Kylin Hill is declaring early even though he is a senior, because not sure this year counts and that can be said across the board because it does not eligibility wise for next season.

Trey Lance North Dakota State RS SOPH QB
Chuba Hubbard Ok State RS JR RB
Kylin Hill Miss State SR RB
Ja'Marr Chase LSU JR WR
Kyle Pitts Florida JR TE
Rashod Bateman Minnesota JR WR
Terrace Marshall Jr LSU JR WR
Pat Freiermuth Penn State RS JR TE
Penei Sewell Oregon JR OT
Rashawn Slater Northwestern SR OT
Gregory Rousseau Miami FL RS SOPH DE
Micah Parsons Penn State JR OLB
Jaycee Horn South Carolina JR CB
Caleb Farley Virginia Tech RS JR CB
Israel Mukuamu South Carolina JR CB
Kelvin Joseph Kentucky RS SOPH CB
Caden Sterns Texas JR S
Paris Ford Pitt RS JR S

Tamorrion Terry I assume is preparing for the draft but no official word on that he just left the FSU program.  

8 of the top 25 players in this draft either sat out the entire season or basically missed most of the season because of injury.  Waddle is the only one who actually played legit time and only one coming off injury as well.   Sewell is arguably the best athlete at his position, Parsons is as well and arguably the best athlete in the draft.  Waddle the same thing, same with Rousseau, same with Twyman and maybe Holland and Lance is up there for best athlete at the QB position.

Penei Sewell Oregon JR OT
Micah Parsons Penn State JR OLB
Jaylen Waddle Alabama JR WR
Ja'Marr Chase LSU JR WR
Gregory Rousseau Miami FL RS SOPH DE
Trey Lance North Dakota State RS SOPH QB
Jaylen Twyman Pitt RS JR DT
Jevon Holland Oregon JR S

Going to be an odd draft with this many guys completely out of it in terms of on the field production, and they are some of the best athletes in the entire group collectively.   All underclassmen but no real shocker there.  

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Jalen Mayfield and Kwity Paye hired agents
Mayfield going to be a riser during the combine

Yeah I assume Hutchinson will declare as well from Michigan.  Mayfield played awesome this year but that injury is a concern, has the talent to be a 1st round pick and probably will be.  Paye I expected a little more out of after such a great start but they were on and off the field so much and he had injuries, he is a very solid true 4/3 DE though.  

15 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

Any chance JT Daniels leaves and if he does what round does he go?

Why would he leave early?  I think he needs more time to develop.  Real question is what is Jamie Newman doing, going to transfer again because doubt he stays around at Georgia if Daniels is there.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:
2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jalen Mayfield and Kwity Paye hired agents
Mayfield going to be a riser during the combine

Yeah I assume Hutchinson will declare as well from Michigan.  Mayfield played awesome this year but that injury is a concern, has the talent to be a 1st round pick and probably will be.  Paye I expected a little more out of after such a great start but they were on and off the field so much and he had injuries, he is a very solid true 4/3 DE though.  

I wouldn't be upset if the Eagles took Mayfield in the 2nd and put him at LG. He looks like he could potentially be a top 5-10 starting RT, especially for a team that runs a lot.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't be upset if the Eagles took Mayfield in the 2nd and put him at LG. He looks like he could potentially be a top 5-10 starting RT, especially for a team that runs a lot.

I think he is too athletic and gifted to be put at OG but sure could do it if asked.  Rashawn Slater could as well but not sure that is the best idea, Leatherwood has already but again might be better outside.  Van Lanen I could see moving inside like David Edwards did from Wisconsin and has done better than he was at OT.  Dan Moore maybe could move inside also but could stay at OT.  Zion Johnson I think will move back inside but can and already has done both.  I could see Vera-Tucker maybe moving to OG in the NFL if needed, same with Alaric Jackson possibly and Landon Dickerson I think could if asked even though arguably be has been the best center in the nation overall.  Sucks he is hurt for the big games coming up.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Why would he leave early?  I think he needs more time to develop.  Real question is what is Jamie Newman doing, going to transfer again because doubt he stays around at Georgia if Daniels is there.  

Sarcasm? Newman opted out and began training for the NFL back in the summer

49 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Sarcasm? Newman opted out and began training for the NFL back in the summer

I thought he opted out because of COVID-19 concerns, like if he had asthma or something.  He really opted out to prep for the draft?  Odd choice considering playing would have helped him out way more than sitting around.  He is not talented enough to opt out I thought, most of the guys that opted out were 1st round picks or projected as one, would like to have seen another season from him honestly.  He is pretty damn raw.  

Good for him I guess but he will at best be a 2nd round pick but most likely a 3rd or 4th rounder when he could have been a 1st rounder if he showed something this year.  

Came into the season with a lot of hype. He graded well according to PFF, but really didn't live up to the hype in the box scores. Only had 6.5 TFL and no sacks in 7 games.  But he'll be one of those combine warriors to tests off the charts.

Edited by smokeybandit
On 12/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, smokeybandit said:

Came into the season with a lot of hype. He graded well according to PFF, but really didn't live up to the hype in the box scores. Only had 6.5 TFL and no sacks in 7 games.  But he'll be one of those combine warriors to tests off the charts.

That is odd he had no sacks.  Sure if he runs some great 40 time yeah that will help him a lot, I assume he is more a 3/4 OLB, is possibly not strong enough at the point of attack to play a 4/3 DE.  Might be better off in a 3/4 to use his athletic ability, still a big time project obviously but yeah if he is that great athletically probably is a good choice to move on.  He did show up this past year more than he has in years previous I thought.  Odd he had 5 sacks the year before, what that was in blow out games or something?  I do not recall him making a huge impact in 2019.

Javonte Williams is coming out, no surprise but curious since he is sitting the Orange bowl will his teammate Michael Carter as well?  Williams is better than Carter but Carter is a top 7 RB in the draft as well.  Williams has great side to side cut ability and a big time burst in the hole, has obviously outplayed Hubbard this year who has dropped.  Najee and Etienne are above Williams but that is it.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30601195/north-carolina-tar-heels-rb-javonte-williams-skip-orange-bowl-enter-nfl-draft

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

That is odd he had no sacks.  Sure if he runs some great 40 time yeah that will help him a lot, I assume he is more a 3/4 OLB, is possibly not strong enough at the point of attack to play a 4/3 DE.  Might be better off in a 3/4 to use his athletic ability, still a big time project obviously but yeah if he is that great athletically probably is a good choice to move on.  He did show up this past year more than he has in years previous I thought.  Odd he had 5 sacks the year before, what that was in blow out games or something?  I do not recall him making a huge impact in 2019.

Javonte Williams is coming out, no surprise but curious since he is sitting the Orange bowl will his teammate Michael Carter as well?  Williams is better than Carter but Carter is a top 7 RB in the draft as well.  Williams has great side to side cut ability and a big time burst in the hole, has obviously outplayed Hubbard this year who has dropped.  Najee and Etienne are above Williams but that is it.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30601195/north-carolina-tar-heels-rb-javonte-williams-skip-orange-bowl-enter-nfl-draft

Carter, Surratt and Dyami Brown already confirmed skipping the bowl game iirc. I get the two former, but don't get Brown. This is another stacked WR class and he had some drop issues. Another year with Howell and that offense (his brother is there as well) would help a lot. I don't see him getting drafted until the third, at best.

18 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

Carter, Surratt and Dyami Brown already confirmed skipping the bowl game iirc. I get the two former, but don't get Brown. This is another stacked WR class and he had some drop issues. Another year with Howell and that offense (his brother is there as well) would help a lot. I don't see him getting drafted until the third, at best.

Yeah I love Dyami Brown, he has big time potential but I agree would be a higher pick arguably next year.  Surprised Carter and Surratt are sitting as well but in this year, they are probably like what the hell why not.