2021 Early NFL Declarations List

CWood21

13 minutes ago, ACO said:

Bubba Bolden going back to school I think. I thought I saw that.

Probably wants to learn from Ed Reed some more, Bolden had a great season this year and should be even better next year, and it is a very deep group of safeties in 2021.  But 2022 is stacked, Kyle Hamilton, Jalen Catalon, Daxton Hill and Jamien Sherwood he will have to compete with next year.  Hamilton and Catalon are both big time stars and arguably both would be picked #1 and #2 in the safety class this year, especially Hamilton.  

People need to start listening to Nick Saban a little here.  

Even this year he commented on how basketball and baseball have minor league systems that develop players.  The NFL does not always develop players and does not have a minor league currently that does, you need to be a finished product or close to it, and if not you will be left on the curb unless you are ridiculously talented physically.  There is no G-league in football so if you go before you are ready your career could be over shortly.

He said roughly 380 players in a 5 years span went out early for the draft, and 25% of those did not even get drafted and another 25% were not on a team in three years.  Thus 50% of those guys who went out early for the draft had failed careers.  

I sure hope most are going out early because they simply are not good at or do not really like school.  Because there are always those guys where it is like, what the hell are they doing declaring early.  Would love to know the stats of players who leave early, do they ever return and finish school and what percentage of them do, that would be interesting to know.  My guess is most never even do it and never got the degree and are possibly out of the NFL or maybe never even got a shot.

17 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Olave is one of the guys I was hoping the Packers would target at the back end of the first this year.  Not a fan of him going back.  

Reminds me of last year when I said Chuba Hubbard and Travis Etienne were making a mistake by returning.

Sure Chuba had a terrible season and got injured a ton.  Etienne still will be the #2 or #3 RB taken in the draft.  No way Hubbard or Etienne would have been picked over Edwards-Helaire, Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Dillon or maybe even Cam Akers.  So both will be picked higher in 2021 than they would have in 2020, especially Etienne, again Hubbard hard to tell because of injuries.  But who knows maybe not as many teams will be looking for backs but still not sure it was a mistake, but sure too bad Najee Harris out played them both greatly and will be the #1 RB taken.  Last years class is deeper than this years though so again not sure it was a mistake.  

On 1/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, Ozzy said:

Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR WR

Jake Ferguson Wisconsin RS JR TE

Charlie Kolar Iowa State RS JR

Xavier Thomas Clemson JR DE

Tyreke Smith Ohio State JR DE

Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS JR DE

Jack Sanborn Wisconsin JR ILB

Bubba Bolden Miami FL RS JR S

Isaiah Pola-Mao USC RS JR S

Dax Hollifield Virginia Tech JR ILB

Looks like all of these guys I listed earlier are all returning.  Surprised Tamorrion Terry was not invited to the Senior bowl, I assume he is coming out for the draft then and not returning to school since he left Florida State before the season ended?  Have not heard otherwise but not sure he has to declare since he technically is a senior.   Odd he is not invited to the senior bowl though.   

Jamien Sherwood declared and that was a surprise and the only one that I have not seen lately.  Love him as a prospect though, could have been a higher pick next year but kid has skills, love his length and toughness as a tackler.  Should be a fine mid round pick.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Sure Chuba had a terrible season and got injured a ton.  Etienne still will be the #2 or #3 RB taken in the draft.  No way Hubbard or Etienne would have been picked over Edwards-Helaire, Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Dillon or maybe even Cam Akers.  So both will be picked higher in 2021 than they would have in 2020, especially Etienne, again Hubbard hard to tell because of injuries.  But who knows maybe not as many teams will be looking for backs but still not sure it was a mistake, but sure too bad Najee Harris out played them both greatly and will be the #1 RB taken.  Last years class is deeper than this years though so again not sure it was a mistake.  

I think Etienne 100% had a very good chance or being picked over any of those guys.  Maybe KC would have liked his style just a little more than CEH.  That said, I think any RB, more than any other position group, who likely goes first 3 rounds should come out.  All they add is wear and tear.