Selection Sunday

naptownskinsfan

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

You think TAMU stands a chance lol they tried, they lost by 28. ND will probably not lose by 28.

Alabama

Clemson

Ohio St.

Everyone else.

Notre Dame will probably lose by more than 28. I’m not sure people recognize A&M got better as the season progressed and should be able to score. I’m not sure this won’t be LSU vs Oklahoma 2.0.

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, schools like Cincy have a ceiling, and that ceiling is really a New Years 6 bowl.  I'm all for an 8 team playoff with the chance for a G5 representative, but I'm not putting Cincy in this year with their best win being against #23 Tulsa.  

I totally support the admission of Cincy into the ACC, along with another team north of NC that would allow geographic divisions as are used in other conferences with divisions.

This could give Cincy what they need to compete on a national scale, let alone with Ohio State (which I'd like an annual Cincy-OSU series after the former joins the ACC, which would provide the first realistic opportunity for OSU to lose to an instate opponent for the first time in a century).

In this year more than any other I feel like there's no real number 4 team. I think there's 2 4.5's and the one that hadn't already played and lost to Alabama got in. I guess it doesn't really matter, Notre Dame is just about to get another beatdown from Bama anyway.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I just feel bad for schools like UC. This has to hinder their ability to recruit. 

"Hey, come here but you'll never have a chance to play for a national title. Sounds good?"

They really need to change this and I can't think of a way that doesn't involve adding more teams. Move it to 6, all power 5 winners get a bid (minus a fluke which occurs from time to time) and one at large if they go undefeated. Putting Oklahoma over UC is just adding insult to injury. 

Sadly this is true but they didn’t help themselves by barely squeaking by Tulsa. They needed to make a statement but unfortunately made the wrong kind. 

17 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Sadly this is true but they didn’t help themselves by barely squeaking by Tulsa. They needed to make a statement but unfortunately made the wrong kind. 

It wouldn't have mattered though, unfortunately. They'd need to smoke every opponent and still have other teams lose multiple games. Was it UCF a few years ago? They destroyed everyone and still didn't get in. 

I would love to see it bc I'm a fan of the underdogs but it's almost impossible with the current format. I'm certain it will change though just not sure when. 

If my Mason-DIxon format was in place...

Bowden Semifinals: Oklahoma at Alabama, Texas A&M at Clemson
Osborne Semifinals: Iowa State at Ohio State, Cincinnati at Notre Dame (Brian Kelly VS. his old school)

Orange: Florida VS. North Carolina
Cotton: Indiana VS. Northwestern (NY6 usually shies away from matchups of same-conference teams outside CFP, but since they did not meet this year it's OK)
Peach: Georgia VS. Coastal Carolina
Fiesta: Iowa VS. Oregon

Totals per conference (CFP reps in parenthesis)
ACC: 3 (2)
Big 12: 2 (2)
Big Ten: 4 (1)
Pac-12: 1
SEC: 4 (2)
G5: 2 (1)

Edited by pf9

Liberty finally gets its matchup with CCU after having to back out earlier.

Liberty could end up in the Sun Belt Conference in the next realignment cycle, and this is a huge rivalry for both schools. Being able to play it in conference again would be neat.

Colorado will face former Big 12 rival Texas as well.

36 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It wouldn't have mattered though, unfortunately. They'd need to smoke every opponent and still have other teams lose multiple games. Was it UCF a few years ago? They destroyed everyone and still didn't get in. 

I would love to see it bc I'm a fan of the underdogs but it's almost impossible with the current format. I'm certain it will change though just not sure when. 

If we wind up having 4 super conferences with 16 teams each, hopefully Cincinnati winds up in the Big10 one.  Would love to see them offered that challenge.  Altho how likely are they to sustain their success if Fickell dips for another job?  He’s gotta be high on many lists this offseason.