Selection Sunday

naptownskinsfan

On 12/20/2020 at 2:34 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It wouldn't have mattered though, unfortunately. They'd need to smoke every opponent and still have other teams lose multiple games. Was it UCF a few years ago? They destroyed everyone and still didn't get in. 

I would love to see it bc I'm a fan of the underdogs but it's almost impossible with the current format. I'm certain it will change though just not sure when. 

A g5 team can make the playoffs.  i still stand by that notion if the 2016 houston team ran the table they would have gotten in over washington.  you just have to have a very very good OOC schedule like houston did where they beat OU and Louisville. 2016 could have been the perfect year.  Everything fell into place that year Oh what could have been.  :(

Edited by Texansfan713

The top five worst P5 teams to be selected to a New Year's Six game are:

5. 2016 Auburn
4. 2018 Texas
3. 2015 Oklahoma State
2. 2019 Virginia - as a result of this, Notre Dame's ability to represent the ACC in the Orange Bowl should be made permanent
1. 2020 Oregon

In my proposed Mason-Dixon format, Cincinnati would have been in the playoff. They would have been the first G5 team in the playoff had this format been in place from the get-go.

Cincinnati would be visiting Notre Dame in one of the Osborne semifinals, the other would have Iowa State (who would be the first three-loss team in the CFP) at Ohio State. The Bowden semifinals would be Oklahoma at Alabama and Texas A&M at Clemson.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:02 AM, pf9 said:

2 northern teams in the playoff

Even if neither wins the title, it shows just how far the North has come since the start of the playoff era. Try for three northern teams next year (ND, OSU and ISU).

These playoffs are going to prove that Northern teams can't hang with the South.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, pf9 said:

The top five worst P5 teams to be selected to a New Year's Six game are:

5. 2016 Auburn
4. 2018 Texas
3. 2015 Oklahoma State
2. 2019 Virginia - as a result of this, Notre Dame's ability to represent the ACC in the Orange Bowl should be made permanent
1. 2020 Oregon

Blame ND for that. All they have to do is join the conference. 

• Like 2

I feel an Alabama-Clemson title game in Cleveland would be far more interesting than Miami.

Miami has become too cliched as a football title game host, for so many reasons.

At least with Cleveland, there would be real football weather.

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

I feel an Alabama-Clemson title game in Cleveland would be far more interesting than Miami.

Miami has become too cliched as a football title game host, for so many reasons.

At least with Cleveland, there would be real football weather.

“Real football weather” is relative.

• Like 1