Kevin King relative to other #2 CB

squire12

I think he’s worth bringing back on a one year prove it deal. I don’t think that’s realistic though as I’m sure some other team will be willing to overpay. Guess we’ll have to hope Hollman or Sullivan can cut it next year as our number 2 corner. I’ve given up on Josh Jackson at this point.

7 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

I think he’s worth bringing back on a one year prove it deal. I don’t think that’s realistic though as I’m sure some other team will be willing to overpay. Guess we’ll have to hope Hollman or Sullivan can cut it next year as our number 2 corner. I’ve given up on Josh Jackson at this point.

I'm confident the market will offer more than one year prove it deals.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

king played well, and tackled hard.

Sarcasm I hope

Listen, I get not paying RBs. I understand, although I do not think it applies to game changers. If it comes down to Aaron Jones or Kevin King, give me the superior player. Aaron Jones is by far the superior player.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Sarcasm I hope

Listen, I get not paying RBs. I understand, although I do not think it applies to game changers. If it comes down to Aaron Jones or Kevin King, give me the superior player. Aaron Jones is by far the superior player.

It would be fun to put together a list of all the GMs this kind of thinking has gotten fired.

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Go right ahead. Guarantee it won’t be as simple as paying a RB. 

As far as GM's go, it's tough because some coaches are really the GM's and hold all the power.  But as far as top paid RB's this year here is a list.

McCaffrey - Panthers - Missed the Playoffs

Kamara - Saints - Playoffs

Elliott - Cowboys - Missed the Playoffs

Johnson - Texans - Missed the Playoffs

Cook - Vikings - Missed the Playoffs

Henry - Titans - Playoffs

Mixon - Bengals - Missed the Playoffs

Drake - Cardinals - Missed the Playoffs

Gordon - Broncos - Missed the Playoffs

Barkley - Giants - Missed the Playoffs

Now I know there was injury for a couple there, Jones was also out a little bit this year.  But still only 2 of the top 10 paid RB's made the playoffs this year.  Stat's can always be a little miss leading, but I did want to point out why a lot of people say don't pay big bucks to RB's.

I would like King back over Jones if the money gets to high.  And I love Jones!!!  You simply just can't pay everyone and it hurts at times.

Edited by Bleed G&G

Just looking at the top 4 on that list.

McCaffrey's coach got fired last year (prior to the new deal) and his GM got fired this year.

Elliott's coach got fired last year.

Johnson, oh boy, I believe both the GM and coach when he got the contract and the coach/GM who traded for him have all been fired. 

That's a lot of attrition at the top of the list.

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thought that King looked a lot quicker this week.  A lot.  Like he's getting healthier.  Really threw his body in there, too.  Course he whiffed on a few, but that'll happen.  

I agree, he looks healthier at just the right time. Having him playing at this level w/ Jaire is a recipe for a Lombardi IMO

Team is red hot at the right time

On 12/29/2020 at 7:50 AM, coachbuns said:

Yup, no question.  Comes back to a #2 corner's worth healthy vs his worth unhealthy.    Him being your love child with Kepler and you being his biggest promoter, if he does get resigned at big money,  your fandom will be on the line.  :D  

It's really odd how you go insane at some of my posts and report them, and yet you post things like this saying I have a love child with a fellow poster. I don't get it.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I agree, he looks healthier at just the right time. Having him playing at this level w/ Jaire is a recipe for a Lombardi IMO

Team is red hot at the right time

Yes, KK was playing much stronger/quicker before his injury and it seems like he’s gaining some of that back. Everyone now has two weeks to rehab, and conditioning so this bye is very welcome. I just want to make sure we stay mentally sharp and ready for the intensity that is the playoffs.  We’ve gotten smashed after our two regular season byes under Lafleur. 

The secondary looks formidable with KK playing better, Jaire solid as ever, Chandon at nickel, Savage showing his talent and Amos playing faster and more physical than I’ve ever seen him. This is what you want going into the postseason. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes, KK was playing much stronger/quicker before his injury and it seems like he’s gaining some of that back. Everyone now has two weeks to rehab, and conditioning so this bye is very welcome. I just want to make sure we stay mentally sharp and ready for the intensity that is the playoffs.  We’ve gotten smashed after our two regular season byes under Lafleur. 

The secondary looks formidable with KK playing better, Jaire solid as ever, Chandon at nickel, Savage showing his talent and Amos playing faster and more physical than I’ve ever seen him. This is what you want going into the postseason. 

our pass rush has seemed a little sluggish lately, I hoping the week off freshens those legs up a bit. Will be a formidable defense if our pass-rush gets going w/ the way our secondary is playing right now.

Shades of that 2010 defense secondary right now creeping into mind...

Alexander/King/Sullivan/Amos/Savage vs Woodson/Tramon/Shields/Bigby/Collins

not at the same level, of course, but playing very very well right now