Kevin King relative to other #2 CB

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Man was 2/2 for 28 yards allowed in like 50 snaps before garbage time, and both completions were schemed off coverage. 

King was solid yesterday, but you manipulate stats way too much- it destroys your credibility.

King was out a bit and benefited from awful qb throws... That out pattern in the 1Q where his man was wide open on the sideline & Tribs overthrew it by about 10 yards was the most obvious.

27 minutes ago, Donzo said:

King was solid yesterday, but you manipulate stats way too much- it destroys your credibility.

King was out a bit and benefited from awful qb throws... That out pattern in the 1Q where his man was wide open on the sideline & Tribs overthrew it by about 10 yards was the most obvious.

dBTFvGc.gif

You and I have vastly different definitions of the phrase "wide open"

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don't think it says that either. Riskier, yes. Reserved for few RBs who can take over a game. Not guys like Melvin Gordon or David Johnsons. 

Cook, Henry, Kamara, CMC, Aaron Jones absolutely. 

I also think it's riskier, that's why I personally think it's smarter not to make that riskier play.  It can pay off yes.  But a lot of times it doesn't.  You say David Johnson doesn't deserve it, but do you remember how he got it?  He had a season with over 2,000 yards from scrimmage and 20 TD's.  People said he was can't miss because of his receiving ability.

I did say in my post that stats can be miss leading, but they are never irrelevant.  You don't have to say the facts I found are useless when you haven't come with any facts of your own.  That's just rude :) And weather you think they deserve the money or not, they are still getting that money.  Everyone that is a cant missed prospect can miss.  We're all Packer fans, we've all seen it!

I wanted to go back a couple years though and see if there was a trend at all and if just looking at one year was miss leading.  So here are the top paid RB's from 2019 and 2018 and if they made the playoffs

2019:

David Johnson - Missed

Todd Gurley - Missed

LeVeon Bell - Missed

Fournette - Missed

Lamar Miller - Made

Saquon Barkley - Missed

Devonta Freeman - Missed

Ezekiel Elliot - Missed

Jerrick McKinnon - Made

Giovani Bernard - Missed

So again 2 out of the top 10

2018:

LeSean McCoy - Missed

Todd Gurley - Made

Ezekiel Elliott - Made

Lamar Miller - Made

Leonard Fournette - Missed

Jerick McKinnon - Missed

Saquon Barkley - Missed

Mark Ingram - Made

Latavius Murray - Missed

David Johnson - Missed

A little better this year, four out of ten.  So in the past three years 8 of the possible 30 teams who had a high priced running back made the playoffs, or 26%.  As you yourself said, that is a very risky signing.  Now I want to dive into other positions and see if spending money there is the same.  Maybe a team just can't be caught up to much in certain areas with their spending.  I like numbers so I'll probably go into this deeper.

On 1/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, Donzo said:

Hopefully the time off does him well .. he looked pretty good the other night, but I still think he can take it to another level.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 6:34 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

dBTFvGc.gif

You and I have vastly different definitions of the phrase "wide open"

Well yeah. You're all about your agenda. Honest evaluation is a moot point to you.

Mooney was completely wide open for 15-yrd out. King was literally spinning out there like  top. An average throw would have resulted in a completely uncontested catch/drop for Mooney.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Well yeah. You're all about your agenda. Honest evaluation is a moot point to you.

Mooney was completely wide open for 15-yrd out. King was literally spinning out there like  top. An average throw would have resulted in a completely uncontested catch/drop for Mooney.

Seeing as 6 people "Liked" my post, and none disagreed with it except you, I think you're the one who is refusing to look at this thing honestly.

What you're calling "spinning out there like a top", people that know football call a well executed speed turn. It's a well established technique that CBs being asked to give a 10+ yard cushion have to use when playing deep third against any out breaking route. I can go get a gif of Jaire doing the exact same thing this game. 

The throw Trubusky made was an average NFL throw. If he throws a laser intended to hit Mooney in the pads, just out of his turn, Amos intercepts it. That's why Amos is standing there at the second level. The throw by design, both offensive and defensive has to be a high arching ball towards the sideline. Should it have been lower, yeah, but King has a chance to make a play on a lower throw. 

If your criteria for a wide receiver being wide open is that a perfect throw at the perfect time is going to lead to a completion, then there's no such thing as good coverage. These are NFL WRs, QBs, and offensive schemes. Guys are going to be open temporarily out of their cuts on just about every route. It's the CBs job to close those windows quickly and the pass rushers job to throw the QB off his timing so he can't perfectly time his throws. 

If this is the play you're using to say King played terribly, your praising him with faint damnation. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Donzo said:

Hello Pot. May I introduce you to Kettle?

Your evaluation of that play is... not honest.

• Like 1