Kevin King relative to other #2 CB

squire12

14 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I know its a pipe dream especially since he is an RFA and we're way over the cap to begin with.  But its still nice dreaming about it.  He would be great with Alexander.

We're so far over the cap that we need to cut/restructure 4 - 5 guys just to get under.  Not sure how we can even afford King unless he comes cheap.

you should drop this idea till you're ready to pay JC Jackson 26/year

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

you're good paying Kevin King as the 7th highest paid CB in the NFL a year before an actual top 5 CB in the league (Jaire) is going to be a free agent?

Jaire has a 5th year. He's got 2 seasons.

15 is even rich for my blood. 12 is where I cap. King's going to want to sign a short term too I think, this wasn't his best year. He hits the market last year I'm sure someone would've gone long-term at 15. That way you can have him expire and replaced before Jaire's big money kicks in.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

15 is even rich for my blood. 12 is where I cap. King's going to want to sign a short term too I think, this wasn't his best year. He hits the market last year I'm sure someone would've gone long-term at 15. That way you can have him expire and replaced before Jaire's big money kicks in.

15 is goofy, 12 is absolutely the top.  If he signs for less than that for a year or 2,  do it.

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

So with Logan Ryan signing a new 3 year $31 million deal.....would you rate King's new contract expectations to be above or below Ryan's?

That is probably a fair comparison.   Ryan is a bit older and getting a 3rd contract vs King being younger and looking for his 2nd contract (first major one), so King might want a bit more and on the open market might be able to get it.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:23 PM, Packerraymond said:

Jaire’s 5th year price went up by almost 3mil after he made the pro bowl this year. We will have to have a plan to keep him and not deplete everything else. What happens to 12, 17 and a few of the bigger defensive contracts after next year will make things more clear. 

33 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t even want to give Kevin King 9 much less 12. 15 is insane. 

Im holding my tongue at the existence of this thread.  Its absolute insanity..... 3 year deal 8 million or gtfo.

And I know King is going to think hes worth more than that so uh, bye.

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

And then you'd also be right there to blast the FO for starting a rookie CB with Rodgers at the end of his career.

I'd be fine with a top pick there, or just that money on another guy. King is the guy you let walk after his 4 years here. He's been 1 for 4 during his time here. Thank him and let him walk. 

I'm using that money on 33 before King. I'll win just as many games with Hollman at CB. 

• Like 1