Kevin King relative to other #2 CB

squire12

Again, look at the yearly average value of the contracts.

12 Million average makes him the 15th highest CB currently.

10 million makes 19th.

7 million would be 31st.

King is currently the 63rd highest paid CB.  70th by AAV (1.7 per).  We are currently getting a bargain for King, IMO.  Now the FO has to assign proper value to him.

I am still leaning toward let him go, and run with a rookie.  I think that he will cost too much.  

42 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

My gut says to bail on Kevin King after the season.  Someone is going to pay him way more than he's worth and with his surgically repaired shoulder/s and penchant to miss games the money would be better sent somewhere else.  His play of late has been shaky .. definitely making business decisions out there. 

King might be back because I think people are way overvaluing the guy and he'll likely still be sitting there 3 weeks into FA. I think he's a guy who will probably have to take a 1 year deal for about $3-5 mil. Hell, Breeland signed for $2 mil with the Chiefs a year ago and he's been a better player in 2020. No team is going to offer King a long term deal, they'd be crazy to do it. I doubt there is going to be any market whatsoever for a CB with poor change of direction and average deep speed. Not to mention the injury history.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

King might be back because I think people are way overvaluing the guy and he'll likely still be sitting there 3 weeks into FA. I think he's a guy who will probably have to take a 1 year deal for about $3-5 mil. Hell, Breeland signed for $2 mil with the Chiefs a year ago and he's been a better player in 2020. No team is going to offer King a long term deal, they'd be crazy to do it. I doubt there is going to be any market whatsoever for a CB with poor change of direction and average deep speed. Not to mention the injury history.

Where is this poor change of direction narrative coming from?

Combine Measurements

• Glossary
Year Pos Ht Wt 40yd Bench Broad Jump Shuttle 3Cone Vertical
2017 CB 75 200 4.43 11   3.89 6.56 39.5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Well, if it goes down that way then the Packers would definitely welcome him back on a reasonable deal.  I'm just bracing for some idiot team to way outbid us.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Combine Measurements

• Glossary

Four years later we're judging King by combine numbers? Yikes. Ever watch him play? And I don't mean in spandex without pads. You literally can't play King against a WR with any twitch. 

Edited by packfanfb

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Combine Measurements

• Glossary

When you play a **** ton of zone, casuals get mad at the CB when the WR gets behind the Linebackers for a completion. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You literally can't play King against a WR with any twitch. 

I don't want the  Packers to resign King, but this is complete nonsense. He's had a bad quad since the bye week. It can take a while for that to get right. When healthy, which is a rarity, he's as athletic as ever.

This isn't a hard decision... Unless he comes back on a cheap deal, which he wont, you let him walk.

As mentioned there are multiple reasons for this position... He just can't stay healthy; he's not very good at making plays on the ball which was highlighted last week. The entire secondary was making plays on the ball except for #20. And, Jaire is gonna get paid real soon. Just can't pay top dollar for a #1 and #2 CB.

It's an easy hard pass.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

This isn't a hard decision... Unless he comes back on a cheap deal, which he wont, you let him walk.

As mentioned there are multiple reasons for this position... He just can't stay healthy; he's not very good at making plays on the ball which was highlighted last week. The entire secondary was making plays on the ball except for #20. And, Jaire is gonna get paid real soon. Just can't pay top dollar for a #1 and #2 CB.

It's an easy hard pass.

Not very good at making plays on the ball? Based on what? Man's allowed 1 TD on the year. 

Can't pay top dollar for a #1 and #2 CB? Again, based on what? We're paying our ILBs nothing. We're paying our RBs nothing. We're paying WRs 2-5 nothing. You do that so you can pay the premiums. 

• Like 1