Should We Resign Trubisky?

Bowler1215

1 hour ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

What kind of market does Mitch have.  No one is going to give him starters money.  Right???   If we are looking at 10 to 15 mill for 1 to 2 years than yeah you bring Mitch back and draft a rookie in the first three rounds.  

Definitely not starter money, but reclamation projects may get decent money like the $10-15 mil you mentioned. I'm not betting he gets that much but look what we gave Glennon, what SEA gave Flynn, etc. Outliers happen and I have no doubt 10 offensive HCs/OCs think they can run an offense better than what Nagy/Lazor do. If not they shouldn't have that position. 

My issue with that is Foles will already be here, so now we'd be overpaying two back ups. I'd rather invest that into other spots. If you're looking at $10 mil for one year then put that as the first year of a FA OT. Between that and the $6 mil you save for cutting Leno you have the first year of a FA OT easily covered, if you structure it right then that $16 mil can easily cover the FA OT and the 1st round OT too.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, G08 said:

It'll be Foles next year with Kyle Trask or Mac Jones sitting for a season.

I'm not really sure that either of those guys are all that developmental, to be honest. Maybe half a season?

18 hours ago, Pool said:

If I have to watch Nick Foles start another game for this team I'm gonna seriously consider jumping ship.

Foles just needs better personnel around him. It doesn't have to be great, like the Eagles were during that Super Bowl run, but better. 

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If they weren't in cap hell I'd fully expect a desperate Pace to try to acquire Wentz or Prescott

If Pace is still around, he may well try to figure something out. Prescott would be fine. The Cowboys played themselves into a lower first round pick, though. They'll probably keep Prescott. Unless Jones simply refuses to pay that kind of money to one player. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My issue with that is Foles will already be here, so now we'd be overpaying two back ups. I'd rather invest that into other spots. If you're looking at $10 mil for one year then put that as the first year of a FA OT. Between that and the $6 mil you save for cutting Leno you have the first year of a FA OT easily covered, if you structure it right then that $16 mil can easily cover the FA OT and the 1st round OT too.

Exactly.

Unless Foles opts out, or is traded, if they're being sane about things, there's absolutely no way they can sign Mitch to some piddling mid-range deal. Now, the veteran's minimum? That's doable...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Exactly.

Unless Foles opts out, or is traded, if they're being sane about things, there's absolutely no way they can sign Mitch to some piddling mid-range deal. Now, the veteran's minimum? That's doable...

Yep. But if he is signing up for the vet min, hes going to go somewhere where he has more talent around him and has a QB "guru" to help him. Reid, Payton, McVay, Shanahan, etc. May even see him go to LaFluer in GB if we offer him a vet min. 

Just now, Sugashane said:

Yep. But if he is signing up for the vet min, hes going to go somewhere where he has more talent around him and has a QB "guru" to help him. Reid, Payton, McVay, Shanahan, etc. May even see him go to LaFluer in GB if we offer him a vet min. 

Maybe. That's provided someone actually wants him. And I don't think that's a lock...

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe. That's provided someone actually wants him. And I don't think that's a lock...

I think it is as long as he doesnt bid himself out of jobs. Chase Daniel has made a career out of nothing, McCown has been able to have a long career, etc. Someone would absolutely pick up Tru. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think it is as long as he doesnt bid himself out of jobs. Chase Daniel has made a career out of nothing, McCown has been able to have a long career, etc. Someone would absolutely pick up Tru. 

Given the right scenario, yeah. Mitch can't fumble the negotiations, though. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Rare for this to happen but I disagree. Mitch is still better than a lot of backup QB's in the league. And the fact that he was a high draft pick(and has talent) there is certainly coaches out there who will think they can "fix" him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

Trubisky's QBR in 2020: 61.8 (ranked 20th in the league)

Foles' QBR in 2020: 43.6 (ranked 32nd in the league)

Foles also played harder defenses.  Not that I am saying he's better, because I don't think he is, but it's always good to put these things into context.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Foles also played harder defenses.  Not that I am saying he's better, because I don't think he is, but it's always good to put these things into context.

QBR incorporates that

"Total QBR is the raw QBR adjusted for the strength of the opponent."

Edited by G08