Should We Resign Trubisky?

Bowler1215

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

If you've got 20 minutes, this is a hell of a listen and echos a ton of what I've been complaining about regarding Nagy and his scheme:

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/podcasts/bernstein-rahimi-show-65/bernstein-rahimi-sage-rosenfels-lays-into-bears-coaching-hour-3-354437590

I listened to this live and the segment with Sage is freaking golden. He basically said what all Bears fans feel. 

4 hours ago, Pool said:

Rare for this to happen but I disagree. Mitch is still better than a lot of backup QB's in the league. And the fact that he was a high draft pick(and has talent) there is certainly coaches out there who will think they can "fix" him.

If Jameis Winston and Mariota can get a 2nd chance then Mitch will def get one. 

He didn't do himself any favors on Sunday though by playing scared.  In his post game interview he sounded like he was basically trying to talk the FO into keeping him around when he kept saying "I think i've improved"...."I like the guys in the locker room"....and again took his typical jab at Nagy's play-calling. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He didn't do himself any favors on Sunday though by playing scared.  In his post game interview he sounded like he was basically trying to talk the FO into keeping him around when he kept saying "I think i've improved"...."I like the guys in the locker room"....and again took his typical jab at Nagy's play-calling. 

Mitch also took a jab at the team's culture.  I think he was referencing that boneheaded idiot Anthony Miller getting ejected after the team strictly told all the players earlier in the week to watch out and not get baited by that same player that Wims punched on earlier the season.

What this also tells me is that there are no consequences for guys doing things like that.  I mean Wims did not face any team discipline or lose his job for his actions earlier in the year so guys like Miller probably think they can get away with it because Nagy is probably too soft to do anything about it.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Mitch also took a jab at the team's culture.  I think he was referencing that boneheaded idiot Anthony Miller getting ejected after the team strictly told all the players earlier in the week to watch out and not get baited by that same player that Wims punched on earlier the season.

What this also tells me is that there are no consequences for guys doing things like that.  I mean Wims did not face any team discipline or lose his job for his actions earlier in the year so guys like Miller probably think they can get away with it because Nagy is probably too soft to do anything about it.

Hoge and Joahns said the very same thing the other day on their podcast and I think your absolutely right.  Wims should've been cut. Letting a fringe player getting away with something that stupid with no consequences sets a bad precedent for the other guys in the locker room and Miller's actions on Sunday was a direct result of this.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think Mitch and the Bears need to be done. I know I have talked about needing a better option, but it just feels like this is over.

I am not interested in Foles taking a single snap.

Leaves the Bears in a tough spot.

I think that's the issue if you're the Bears, and you're working through the various iterations of what you could roll with at QB.  Giving up all of your picks on Day 1 and Day 2 gets you to around the 8th overall pick assuming a team is willing to move down that far.  So unless they're willing to dangle future FRPs, which probably would require ownership approval it seems unlikely they'd be able to trade up as it seems unlikely Zach Wilson or Justin Fields will be available.  And I'm not sure FA bears much more fruit.  Maybe take a gamble on Jameis Winston?

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Winston and Mariota both had stretches where they were better than Mitch. 

And now they're backups. We'll see what happens with Trubisky...

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He didn't do himself any favors on Sunday though by playing scared.  

Sure? But how often does he play scared? 75% of the time? Something like that? 

58 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Winston and Mariota both had stretches where they were better than Mitch. 

And now they're backups. We'll see what happens with Trubisky...

Which is what another team will sign Trubisky to be in hopes of salvaging what's left.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:
5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He didn't do himself any favors on Sunday though by playing scared.  

Sure? But how often does he play scared? 75% of the time? Something like that? 

That's not what I was talking about. Mitch had a chance to earn more looks in free agency but playing scared only showed one thing.....nothing has changed. He doesn't try to play to win, he plays to try and not be a liability.  That's the mentality of a game manager. 

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's not what I was talking about. Mitch had a chance to earn more looks in free agency but playing scared only showed one thing.....nothing has changed. He doesn't try to play to win, he plays to try and not be a liability.  That's the mentality of a game manager. 

You're right, nothing has changed. 

I don't know that you can even say he's a game manager, though. Haywire Mitch is chaos. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You're right, nothing has changed. 

I don't know that you can even say he's a game manager, though. Haywire Mitch is chaos. 

The play where he threw that beautiful pass to Wims in the end zone is a perfect way to describe his career. 

He'll catch you off guard and it looks it might be getting there and then.....he drops the ball.

• Like 1