Should We Resign Trubisky?

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's BEFORE teams have to adjust to the irregular offseason due to COVID......this is what I mean when I said we don't know who will be available. 

If your banking on these mystery releases you could get left holding your ....

Or worse, with Nick Foles.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch might also tell the Bears to F themselves and leave.

He is currently the best QB who will actually hit free agency this offseason. He will have a market.

I would if I were him but I think this might play out to be the best situation for him...

I think the safest thing for them to do is to try and carry over whatever offensive momentum they can from 2020.

At the same time looking for the next QB.

They are on to thin of ice to just take wild swings.

1) Offensive momentum is too strong of a statement to make just yet.  It's only been 4 games since the offense showed anything and that's been against the 20th, 31st, 30th, and 12th ranked defenses. Lets slow down on the momentum talk. 

2) Even if the momentum continues, this only matters if the same regime is still here next year, and it means nothing if they are not. 

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1) Offensive momentum is too strong of a statement to make just yet.  It's only been 4 games since the offense showed anything and that's been against the 20th, 31st, 30th, and 12th ranked defenses. Lets slow down on the momentum talk. 

2) Even if the momentum continues, this only matters if the same regime is still here next year, and it means nothing if they are not. 

I would love for them to be fired, but they won’t be.

They went from scoring 19 ppg to 30 ppg that is momentum even if they are playing bad defenses.

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1) Eh, this is the NFL, while some defenses might not be as good as another they are all very capable. Look at what the Jets did to the Rams today. Any given Sunday.

2) Disagree, a QB will always make the coach, not the other way around. Look at Brady/Bellichick, Rodgers/McCarthy, etc. Mitch just might save Nagy and Pace's job, no help from them.

I would love for them to be fired, but they won’t be.

They went from scoring 19 ppg to 30 ppg that is momentum even if they are playing bad defenses.

Then that's where our differences start. I'm not too sure Pace/Nagy's job is safe anymore even if we do get to the playoffs. Especially Nagy. If we do get the playoffs and offense wets the bed then Nagy is gone. Especially against GB again in week 17.

Basically, at this point, if the offense is as terrible as it has been for even one more game this season then Nagy is all but gone at this point, and that's going to reflect alot on Pace too who is already on thin ice. 

That said, I think if the Bears make the playoffs then Pace might be okay for 1 more year. But again he's not building the offense so momentum wouldn't even matter.  

9 minutes ago, dafreak said:

1) Eh, this is the NFL, while some defenses might not be as good as another they are all very capable. Look at what the Jets did to the Rams today. Any given Sunday.

Would you bet on the jets beating the Rams 8 out of 10 times or would you consider it more of an anomaly?

11 minutes ago, dafreak said:

2) Disagree, a QB will always make the coach, not the other way around. Look at Brady/Bellichick, Rodgers/McCarthy, etc. Mitch just might save Nagy and Pace's job, no help from them.

Shanny strongly disagrees.  Shanny's offense has made JG look viable and has worked well with Mullens.  

7 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Then that's where our differences start. I'm not too sure Pace/Nagy's job is safe anymore even if we do get to the playoffs. Especially Nagy. If we do get the playoffs and offense wets the bed then Nagy is gone. Especially against GB again in week 17.

Basically, at this point, if the offense is as terrible as it has been for even one more game this season then Nagy is all but gone at this point, and that's going to reflect alot on Pace too who is already on thin ice. 

That said, I think if the Bears make the playoffs then Pace might be okay for 1 more year. But again he's not building the offense so momentum wouldn't even matter.  

If they keep the band together it's because of Lazor and Trubisky. If you get rid of Nagy what happens with Lazor? Since giving up play calling duty Nagy is who he needs to be as a head coach and the players seem to be responding. Slippery slope here.

9 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If they make the playoffs they are both back.

If they end up 8-8 I think there is a chance we get lucky and changes are made, but I doubt it.

No coach worth anything is coming here to work under a lame duck Ryan Pace it is either Pace is gone or both.

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Would you bet on the jets beating the Rams 8 out of 10 times or would you consider it more of an anomaly?

Shanny strongly disagrees.  Shanny's offense has made JG look viable and has worked well with Mullens.  

Of course I wouldn't bet on the Jets but that is my point, any given Sunday in the NFL. 

I am not sure I agree with you on JG or Mullens but I know 9'ers fans wouldn't agree.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If they end up 8-8 I think there is a chance we get lucky and changes are made, but I doubt it.

No coach worth anything is coming here to work under a lame duck Ryan Pace it is either Pace is gone or both.

If they lose to the Packers again and that is the reason they fail to make the playoffs then I'm pretty confident in saying that there will be major changes.

We've heard all along that the job security of these guys rests on them making the playoffs. People can believe what they want but I cannot see how a cpl wins against the Texans and Vikings changes that narrative.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We'll agree to disagree about what it would take for both of them to keep their jobs. 

They could go 8-8 and still make the playoffs. (thank you NFL for expanding the playoffs).

I want a fresh start to happen in 2022 even at the risk of losing in 2021.