Should We Resign Trubisky?

6 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Of course I wouldn't bet on the Jets but that is my point, any given Sunday in the NFL. 

I am not sure I agree with you on JG or Mullens but I know 9'ers fans wouldn't agree.

Shanny has done wonders for both of them and brought out the best that they can be.

@Forge would like to take this? Lol Sorry for bringing you into this but you were the first person I thought of when he said 49ers fans. 

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Shanny has done wonders for both of them and brought out the best that they can be.

@Forge would like to take this? Lol Sorry for bringing you into this but you were the first person I thought of when he said 49ers fans. 

It's not even close. Shanny is way more important than Jimmy. His scheme makes Jimmy. Without shanny, Jimmy is a bottom third / bottom half starting qb. In shanny's system, he's got some of the more impressive statistics, including being way up there in Epa per play, net yards per attempt (6th), adjusted net yards (10), yards it attempt (3), completion percentage (4), etc. If you looked at jimmy's stats from last year, you'd think he was one of the best QBs in football based on the efficiency.

There's a reason so many niner fans want to move on

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Of course I wouldn't bet on the Jets but that is my point, any given Sunday in the NFL. 

I am not sure I agree with you on JG or Mullens but I know 9'ers fans wouldn't agree.

Every niner fan on this board would dump Jimmy in a heartbeat before they dropped Kyle. Hell, we are all hoping we draft high enough to pick a qb. Not even a question. Kyle drives that offense, not Jimmy. Jimmy is the beneficiary of that offense

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Every niner fan on this board would dump Jimmy in a heartbeat before they dropped Kyle. Hell, we are all hoping we draft high enough to pick a qb. Not even a question. Kyle drives that offense, not Jimmy. Jimmy is the beneficiary of that offense

Completely agree that 49'ers fans want JG gone....

6 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Completely agree that 49'ers fans want JG gone....

If you don't think that niners fans believe that shanny makes Jimmy g, I'd encourage you to stop by the forum and ask everyone who they think is the indispensable cog in that machine. There's a reason (some) people want Jimmy gone (not everyone does, it should be noted)

Just now, Forge said:

If you don't think that niners fans believe that shanny makes Jimmy g, I'd encourage you to stop by the forum and ask everyone who they think is the indispensable cog in that machine

I agree, JAF-N72 EX said he was viable in the system and I said 9'ers fans would disagree. I know you guys want him gone.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

I agree, JAF-N72 EX said he was viable in the system and I said 9'ers fans would disagree. I know you guys want him gone.

Oops, sorry. I may have taken your response wrong lol

The issue isn't keeping Mitch, it's holding out hope for Mitch while not making forward-thinking changes at the QB position. We've already seen that play out in this thread, with many fans suggesting keeping Mitch to avoid making a QB pick in the draft.

The Bears need to draft a QB and develop that guy as the QB of the Future. Mitch can remain only as a stop-gap.

• Like 1

There's no way forward keeping Mitch and Foles that doesn't mean big financial cuts elsewhere. I am THRILLED for Mitch's improvement, but the best case scenario is that he's playing for a role elsewhere.  If Mitch has really turned the corner, it's too late for this Bears team.  A good expensive Mitch just means we're somehow stuck with both a big QB contract AND a bunch of spendy defensive players.  No no no. 

12 hours ago, dafreak said:

Sure, but what teams exactly do you see a job opening?

New Orleans: only  if Brees retires

New England: Cam only got a one year deal

Indy: Rivers only got a one year deal

Washington: Alex Smith has been injured the last couple years, and Haskings is mediocre at best

I don't remember if Dak got a new deal in Dallas, but if he didn't, there's another place.

34 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Remember starting to wonder if Matt Barkley was the real deal?

Bears fans are so desperate for good QB play that we make irrational thoughts when it comes to determining what is the best option for the QB spot

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

New Orleans: only  if Brees retires

New England: Cam only got a one year deal

Indy: Rivers only got a one year deal

Washington: Alex Smith has been injured the last couple years, and Haskings is mediocre at best

I don't remember if Dak got a new deal in Dallas, but if he didn't, there's another place.

I'd take NO out because with their cap issues, the only thing they can really do is give the job to Hill or draft a guy. They are like 80-100M over the cap right now. 

I'd add in Denver; I think that they will give Lock another run at it, but they need to give him competition. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I find it ironic how so many are now coming out and saying they want Mitch to return next year after bashing him earlier this season...doesn't get any better than this xD

I don't think it's that, as much as we've screwed over our draft position so severely (like the Jets just did) that we simply aren't in a viable range for anyone worth actually drafting at the position.  We needed to be able to get into the top 5.... That's going to cost us 3 years worth of picks at this point.

I see Lance and Fields as basically both being Trubisky (or potentionally worse than Trubisky).....  I don't have much faith in Trask or Mac Jones for that second tier crop being any better than what Trubisky is doing in this tailored offense.

I do, however, see a (slim) possibility of Darrisaw-LT, Cosmi-LT, or Devonta Smith-WR being available at our spot.... And, in the absence of being able to land a QB (which in my mind is either Lawrence, who we all know is going #1, or Wilson, who imo is going by pick 5), I see those three targets being by far the best options for us (with trading down being imo the next best).... I think we can build something decent, but not great transitioning to a heavy run-play action/boot scheme like Minn or SF does, particularly with our talent on the defense. I'm not sure it's "good enough" but it's better than the alternative of mortgaging the future.