Should We Resign Trubisky?

Bowler1215

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Exactly.  If we didn’t have Foles here next year I’d be open to signing Mitch to a one or two year deal and drafting a QB high.  But i see no way they’d be able to have Mitch, Foles, and a 1st or 2nd round rookie.

I suggested in another thread we offer Nick Foles and an agreement to lose to the Jags next week in exchange for the Jets 2022 1st round pick 

If we don’t make the playoffs and the front office survives somehow, Trubisky isn’t coming back. He will 100% be the fall guy to save face. Nagy is a throw others under the bus type. If we are bringing in a new HC, is he going to want old, perceived dead weight like Truth to start his regime? Thinking into it deeper like this, the only way I can truly see Mitch staying is if Mitch really wants to stay (enough to pass on superior offers) or if we make playoffs. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Foles is a sunk cost. You can’t start him. He is awful without and All Pro offense and he won’t have that next year.

The offensive talent is better running this under centre, play action, roll out offense and Foles can’t do any of that.

That’s what I’m saying.  Foles is here collecting a fat paycheck whether we like it or not.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch can execute this offense. He did in 2018 and weeks 1-2 this year. Before Nagy’s ego was crushed by Foles, Nagy had no interest in running it.

Mitch is playing better now, but he has always been playable and productive running this stuff. 

For how long?  And can he do it consistently against better competition? These are the same questions we have asked ourselves for 4 years now and the answer has been same. No, he can't.

Even if he finishes the season well and helps us get into the playoffs and does well there I'm not trusting him for another year. He's a mental midget. All it takes is for one really bad game (which we have seen plenty of) and his confidence will be shot to hell again. It's nice to seem him in better spirits right now and all but I'm not trusting that to last a full season either at the rate that he would be asking.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am fine with Mitch back at a certain price point.

Tagging him is an insane use of resources.

1 year 10 million and see what happens.

You're not getting Mitch for 1 yr/10M, especially if he keeps playing like he has. At minimum you're looking at a 2/17 deal similar to Mariota's and HELL NO on that crap. 

We've seen enough of Mitch.....it's time to move on. Period.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

For how long?  And can he do it consistently against better competition? These are the same questions we have asked ourselves for 4 years now and the answer has been same. No, he can't.

Even if he finishes the season well and helps us get into the playoffs and does well there I'm not trusting him for another year. He's a mental midget. All it takes is for one really bad game (which we have seen plenty of) and his confidence will be shot to hell again. It's nice to seem him in better spirits right now and all but I'm not trusting that to last a full season either at the rate that he would be asking.

You're not getting Mitch for 1 yr/10M, especially if he keeps playing like he has. At minimum you're looking at a 2/17 deal similar to Mariota's and HELL NO on that crap. 

We've seen enough of Mitch.....it's time to move on. Period.

1 year 10 is better than 2/17 and Mariota’s deal.

What QB are you getting for less than that?

It is easy to say we should replace Mitch, but you have offered 0 actual suggestions.

38 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

That’s what I’m saying.  Foles is here collecting a fat paycheck whether we like it or not.

Foles can be released but it cost 3.7M. 

If the same regime is still here, use Foles and let him lead us to a 5-11 season.

If we clean house, use Foles next year and pray. If he loses and we go 5-11then so be it. The new regime would be able to start fresh in 2022 with a ton of resources and draft capital to a faster rebuild. 

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

1 year 10 is better than 2/17 and Mariota’s deal.

What QB are you getting for less than that?

It is easy to say we should replace Mitch, but you have offered 0 actual suggestions.

I have offered plenty of suggestions. They're just not suggestions that WindyCity wants to hear. 

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

If the same regime is still here, use Foles and let him lead us to a 5-11 season.

If we clean house, use Foles next year and pray. If he loses and we go 5-11then so be it. The new regime would be able to start fresh in 2022 with a ton of resources and draft capital to a faster rebuild. 

The same regime isn’t going to roll with Foles and go 5-11. They are going to desperately try and save their jobs again.

A new regime may roll with Foles and tank, but then we should sell off the defense as well.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The same regime isn’t going to roll with Foles and go 5-11. They are going to desperately try and save their jobs again.

A new regime may roll with Foles and tank, but then we should sell off the defense as well.

Most of the defense would be gone which revitalizes the cap and puts them in a VERY good position to rebuild. That's the point.  

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Most of the defense would be gone which revitalizes the cap and puts them in a VERY good position to rebuild. That's the point.  

That is if George green lights a tear down.

They couldn’t even say the words rebuild when Fox was hired. Now you think he is going to okay a full on tank job? With what could be his mother’s last season?

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I didn’t realize that’s all it would cost to release him.  But it sounds like our salary cap situation won’t be great, so i still don’t see that as an option.

Just now, WindyCity said:

That is if George green lights a tear down.

They couldn’t even say the words rebuild when Fox was hired. Now you think he is going to okay a full on tank job? With what could be his mother’s last season?

Good luck.

George is a different subject. I've been calling for his head for years.

He gave the green light in Fox's final year and let him run rampant. Wouldn't be any different with Nagy.