Choose a playoff team to root for. 2020/2021

cconocool

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Overall, the NFC is significantly deeper, but the AFC is far better at the top, as far as I'm concerned.  I think it'd be more competitive if a team like Buffalo or Indianapolis comes out of the AFC, but I still think the AFC team would win.  Hell, I think even a rematch against the Titans would be far more competitive than what we saw Sunday night.  I don't know about a SB rematch with Pittsburgh though.  I don't trust Pittsburgh at all...never have even through their winning streak to start the season.

Perhaps. I haven’t been too impressed with KC recently but they sure have the ability to turn it on

19 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Perhaps. I haven’t been too impressed with KC recently but they sure have the ability to turn it on

Andy Reid won it all last year, but prior to that he had a long history of making it to the playoffs but not being able to win it all. Even last year, the Chiefs came out flat.  I would be fine with the Chiefs winning it again. I'd doff my hat to Reid and the Chiefs. It is a far better outcome than the Packers winning it, which would subject us to more years or listening to arrogant Packer fans rub that in our faces.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Andy Reid won it all last year, but prior to that he had a long history of making it to the playoffs but not being able to win it all. Even last year, the Chiefs came out flat.  I would be fine with the Chiefs winning it again. I'd doff my hat to Reid and the Chiefs. It is a far better outcome than the Packers winning it, which would subject us to more years or listening to arrogant Packer fans rub that in our faces.

You already know that they are going to rub it in regardless, because even if the Vikings win 1, then they'll say "Doesn't matter...We've won 4" (or 5).  

• Like 1

I’ll be rooting for the Bills. Diggs remains one of my favorite players to watch, and it would be nice to see a franchise that has been as snakebit as us break the seal so to speak. 

Also, Leslie Frazier is a good dude. 

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Yes, and had we beaten Chicago, we’d be in. 

It's unfortunate, but I tend to think it's probably better this way.  We'll get a big jump on next season...and it's likely that Nagy and Trubisky will stay together.  While the Vikings certainly have struggled against them, I'd rather have them stay there, because I don't view them as a long term success story. 

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's unfortunate, but I tend to think it's probably better this way.  We'll get a big jump on next season...and it's likely that Nagy and Trubisky will stay together.  While the Vikings certainly have struggled against them, I'd rather have them stay there, because I don't view them as a long term success story. 

I have no issue missing the playoffs. This defense was just an injured mess. 

But it just goes to show how close things can be. Had Carlson made a FG against Green Bay in 2018, the Vikings make the playoffs that year. If Mattison picks the right hole, or Dantzler plays the ball correctly against Seattle, the Vikings make the playoffs this year. 

Mere inches have prevented the team from being in 4 straight playoffs.

• Like 1