Dwayne Haskins and the Future

lavar703

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

How do we know that’s a current picture? If so, that’s really disappointing, kind of like the story where he had his friend come to the team hotel the night before our game bc they were probably going to go out after the game.

We don't 100%. I looked through the info and where it came from. My personal belief is that it COULD be credible. That's all. We might hear more in the coming days.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s where these pics are from, but people are saying he’s with his GF - they’ve seen her Instagram before w/ them together- and it’s probably her friends but still he broke COVID protocol and put his HC who just got over Chemo and entire team trying to make the playoffs in jeopardy of getting COVID. He should get cut, and this is coming from someone who was still defending him. I’m so freakin disappointed! 

Look, I'm not defending the guy here at all, because both parties are guilty here.  Haskins can be the perfect guy as far as Covid protocols go.  But if his girlfriend had over a bunch of friends and watched the entire game maskless and in close proximity like the pictures indicate, and they left before he came home, she's still exposed, and therefore, Haskins is exposed the second he walks in the store and spends a few minutes with her in close proximity.  So at this point, if she's going to do what she did, it doesn't really matter about what Haskins did.  Both are irresponsible considering, and he's making life-changing money and should know better.  

I had to avoid my grandmother and other friends of mine for two weeks because I worked a couple days in close proximity to someone we had to exclude for Covid symptoms.  Turns out she was fine, but if she tested positive, I would have been excluded from work and quarantined until I could come out- either at the end of 14 days or had two negative tests after five days.  

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We don't 100%. I looked through the info and where it came from. My personal belief is that it COULD be credible. That's all. We might hear more in the coming days.

Someone calling into the junkies suggested that it could’ve been from October when Haskins was benched after the Ravens game and had a got a “friend” a hotel room at the team hotel, and then mysteriously missed the next game bc of “a stomach virus.” 

Honestly, I think that’s more likely than this had just happened Sunday night, but anything is possible.

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He just made a public apology on Twitter. Said he spoke to RR! 

Only way he has to save his arse & roster spot next year is if Alex can’t play and Dwayne lights up the Panthers on Sunday. This is so disappointing. They won’t cut him now bc of Alex’s calf issue and Kyle Allen’s season ending broken ankle but, it’s hard to believe that Dwayne will be back next year. Hell either be traded for a late round pick to a team w/ a vet that needs a young QB to develop or he’ll be cut. I feel stupid for defending him the last 2 years.

Edited by turtle28

Haskins is not very smart.  I have been defending the guy and trying to give him every chance and be open minded and assume the best, but he lost all benefit of the doubt now.  Idiot.  Last week he set himself up to be back in the discussion and he just submarined himself.  I am very disappointed.  The last thing we need is any kind of drama right now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Haskins is not very smart.  I have been defending the guy and trying to give him every chance and be open minded and assume the best, but he lost all benefit of the doubt now.  Idiot.  Last week he set himself up to be back in the discussion and he just submarined himself.  I am very disappointed.  The last thing we need is any kind of drama right now.

UNBELIEVEABLY stupid and selfish.  The guy is risking the health of everyone in the building, and all of their families that they go home to.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If these photos are legit Haskins needs to be fined, benched and shipped off in the offseason.

Fined and shipped off, I’m good with, if they deem that appropriate. Though this is nothing particularly new — I was commenting throughout the offseason about his disregard for all the COVID stuff. Like a great percentage of the very young adult population, particularly among athletes, it appears he believes himself to be impervious to the virus and is relatively unconcerned with the possible ramifications of contracting it. I tend to agree at this point that his immaturity and lack of self-control make it very unlikely he has what it takes from an intangibles standpoint to be a franchise cornerstone.

Benching him, however, I’m not good with. Hopefully Smith is healthy for Sunday and this becomes a moot point, but some messages are not worth the cost of communicating them. They have pushed their chips to the middle for the purpose of making this playoff run, and intentionally imploding it for the purpose of making a lesson of a guy who 94% of the fanbase believes is gone next year would be akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

People seem to have this very naive idea that any old QB could go in there and replace Haskins — it was very apparent in the game thread this week, for example, and it abounds throughout social media comment threads. Taylor Heinicke is terrible. Our odds of winning against Carolina would be utterly crippled by putting him out there. And Steven Montez? Maybe they’ve really coached the young man up,  but he wasn’t even very good at Colorado, in the PAC 12, with two star WRs. We’re thinking he’ll step on the field for the first time and take us to success against a team that just held Aaron Rodgers to 143 yards and one TD?

If there’s any other option, you take it and you bench Dwayne and you make your point. But if Smith can’t go, there is no other option, aside from (essentially) intentionally losing a division-clinching game. The other guys on the roster deserve better than that for what they’ve done this year. You have to find another way to make the point.

• Like 1