Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

No ones worried about Wilson bring a 1 season wonder? His 2 seasons before this as a starter he was nothing to talk about. This year he’s been good. But look who he’s playing. A guy like Fields’ easiest game of a season is about as hard as Wilsons hardest game. Point being his “stats” don’t tell the whole story. And his throws can look better bc of poor competition.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No ones worried about Wilson bring a 1 season wonder? His 2 seasons before this as a starter he was nothing to talk about. This year he’s been good. But look who he’s playing. A guy like Fields’ easiest game of a season is about as hard as Wilsons hardest game. Point being his “stats” don’t tell the whole story. And his throws can look better bc of poor competition.

He’s a huge risk. He tore up UCFs defense and everyone is ready to anoint him as the 2nd pick 

go watch his film against CC . Yes he has “tools” and ability and can “make all the throws” and reminds whatever analyst of some excellent pro. But this is practically every top pro prospect every year.

if JD wants to take him at 2 then he’s gotta be sure he’s the guy because he’s essentially staking his job on it

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Joe Burrow did this last year. No one saw this coming and he had the best stats ever for a college QB. There are guys that take a huge leap from one year to the next. I think you have too look more at this years films than in the past. When I look back it looks like he made a lot of good adjustmnets. 

52 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He’s a huge risk. He tore up UCFs defense and everyone is ready to anoint him as the 2nd pick 

go watch his film against CC . Yes he has “tools” and ability and can “make all the throws” and reminds whatever analyst of some excellent pro. But this is practically every top pro prospect every year.

if JD wants to take him at 2 then he’s gotta be sure he’s the guy because he’s essentially staking his job on it

Oh I’m with you. I think Fields is the clear 2nd best QB in the class.

Where is the T Law option. 

I'm about 95% sure the bears lose to the Jags. This is what the NFL wants and will get is drama. New York things they got the king and boom now Jacksonville. They will flip it again to New York to bring drama to more games on week 17. I bet too much on the NFL and can see this a mile away. The bets will be heavy on the Bears and Jags win. Remember you heard it from me first. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm about 95% sure the bears lose to the Jags. This is what the NFL wants and will get is drama. New York things they got the king and boom now Jacksonville. They will flip it again to New York to bring drama to more games on week 17. I bet too much on the NFL and can see this a mile away. The bets will be heavy on the Bears and Jags win. Remember you heard it from me first. 

Don’t play with us like this. It’s funny there will be more Jets fans rooting for the Jags on Sunday than there are Jags fans in existence 

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

We are the only franchise dumb enough to screw up getting TLaw. I’d be surprise if JAX doesn’t tank obviously to where it gets criticized, even though it’s the right thing for them to do.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yes, this isn't some crazy thing. He's a junior in college.

He also had a shoulder injury last year, but regardless, there's nothing flukey what he's doing.

I’ve also never said it was a fluke, I’m pointing out that this has been an an only for his college career.  Wilson definitely has the traits of a FQB but I’m still going with fields at 2 if that’s where we pick.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yes, this isn't some crazy thing. He's a junior in college.

He also had a shoulder injury last year, but regardless, there's nothing flukey what he's doing.

I’ve also never said it was a fluke, I’m pointing out that this year has been an anomaly for his college career.  Wilson definitely has the traits of a FQB but I’m still going with fields at 2 if that’s where we pick.

9 hours ago, xrade said:

Against Indiana he had a 2:3 TD:Int ratio passing wise. That will not work in the NFL. Again, maybe Fields will pan out but I still see him as a reach at #2 and I am still not so sure he is better than some of the other QB prospects.

Not sure what WR discussion you are referring to. You said he did not have Olave. I countered with he had Wilson. I also stated that if he is going to fold without his favorite target, that would be / is not good. This has nothing to do with Sam. If you have read my previous posts regarding Sam, you would know that I think Sam is broken.

I was referring to you saying that fields loses his best wr and looks bad.  The argument with Sam has always been “get him weapons and he’ll succeed”.  That goes 2 fold with fields. With Olave he’s looked amazing, without he looked average.  Darnold had all his weapons and still looks bad.  

as for the td/int thing, why is that an issue when everyone wants Sam now with his career 42/37 ratio?

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We are the only franchise dumb enough to screw up getting TLaw. I’d be surprise if JAX doesn’t tank obviously to where it gets criticized, even though it’s the right thing for them to do.

The HC is out at the end of the year. They're not going to tank just like you guys didn't.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Oh I’m with you. I think Fields is the clear 2nd best QB in the class.

Based on what? He’s only played on more year and you talk about competition but look at the cast of characters Fields plays with too, it’s all relative. I think Wilson is a much better passer and also a solid athlete. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The HC is out at the end of the year. They're not going to tank just like you guys didn't.

100% right. These guys don't tank beacsue they are playing and coaching for millions of dollars. Gardner M will be starting and he wants a good back up money like Mariota at a 2 year 17 mill deal. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Based on what? He’s only played on more year and you talk about competition but look at the cast of characters Fields plays with too, it’s all relative. I think Wilson is a much better passer and also a solid athlete. 

Because of the tools Fields has. They're loud. Above average/good arm, high end athleticism, and very good accuracy/movement in the pocket.

He has his kinks/flaws like holding the ball too long, not dumping it off/trying to find the big play, etc. but tools are how guys get taken so high and he has a lot of what teams are looking for in the modern day QB.

I'm starting to lean Wilson pending on the Clemson game strictly due to risk, but Fields has a very high ceiling and up until this last game at NW has largely been balling his whole career. That Indiana game wasn't that bad if you watch the whole thing and still showed a lot of the reasons for being thought of where he is. 

Can you stick him back there with a terrible OL/no weapons and a coach that doesn't build his system around him like Kliff did for Kyler, Daboll did for Allen, etc.? No, that's probably going to go poorly. But as long as you do what a competent team does with QBs that are successful than the upside is large.