Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

This is a year I am happy that FA is before the draft. And here’s why.....

We get weapons in FA for whoever is at QB... then I’m more inclined to keep Sam. We don’t add weapons... and then we know what we will get with him. So let’s say we come out of FA with adding Thuney, a good WR and even a TE. Then given our draft spot... Im ok with keeping Sam. Draft Sewell at 2 and we then have an elite OL. Maybe go another playmaker with the SEA 1 (ideally WR). And then go RB at 34 (I can’t see Harris, Etienne and Williams all going before then).

I don't think Darnold should be an option, regardless of what happens this off-season. His option should not be picked up. If he is here, he is the backup waiting for free agency. Basically, think Trubisky minus his late-season run. There are better options than Darnold in free agency. Heck, Joe Flacco is a better option and I don't really want him back unless he is the true backup. 

Everything else, though, I am down with all of it.

11 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't think Darnold should be an option, regardless of what happens this off-season. His option should not be picked up. If he is here, he is the backup waiting for free agency. Basically, think Trubisky minus his late-season run. There are better options than Darnold in free agency. Heck, Joe Flacco is a better option and I don't really want him back unless he is the true backup. 

Totally see that point. But they still might believe in him and know the lack of weapons, poor coaching and better protection could be the difference for him. The issue is is that this late he is in essence on a 1yr prove it deal. Can’t see after the season he had we pick up an expensive 5th year option as the 3rd pick 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

100%. I would also rather bring in a free agent to start rather than take a chance with our 2 pick on another rookie. Would much rather build the team first.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

100%. I would also rather bring in a free agent to start rather than take a chance with our 2 pick on another rookie. Would much rather build the team first.

I think JD seems like the type where he wants to trade down and get as many picks as possible.  Even when we were desperate for WR he still traded down in the 2nd and took whoever was left over.  If we keep the 2nd overall I would be surprised.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think JD seems like the type where he wants to trade down and get as many picks as possible.  Even when we were desperate for WR he still traded down in the 2nd and took whoever was left over.  If we keep the 2nd overall I would be surprised.

I think it is the safest and smartest move. We arent going to improve this team all the significantly in FA. We dont have the structure yet. Trading down and collect more earlier round picks will allow us to fill holes with higher ceiling players to make this team competitive. That is when it will become a free agent destination. I still don't understand how everyone thinks Thuney to the Jets is a lock. The Pats have an estimated $72 million in cap space heading into the season. They will have plenty of money to resignt heir own and are a much better destination than we are and its not even close. We have to build through the draft. That $90 million we may end up with isnt going to turn us around when players wont want to come here. If we overpay we will simply just become the mess we were under Macagnan. 

3 hours ago, kilahchris said:

Allen Robinson should be the first free agent target for the Jets.

I do believe we have the money for him. 

Not happening. We have to be realistic and we aren’t. Hes not coming here and if we have to overpay drastically that’s not helping either. 

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Not happening. We have to be realistic and we aren’t. Hes not coming here and if we have to overpay drastically that’s not helping either. 

Way to be optimistic.  Robinson wants a payday.  He’ll come here cause the money’s green.  A lot of teams don’t have the cap space like Jets do and just like in baseball, teams are going to be operating a bit tightly.

Allen Robinson wants the money, but I'm sure he's tired of messed up QB situations. The challenge in that is that there isn't a lot of teams set at QB with a lot of cap space. So there is a chance. This is part of the reason why I'm happy our team played with high energy and finished strong. At least they'll feel like they're entering a good locker room. 

24 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Way to be optimistic.  Robinson wants a payday.  He’ll come here cause the money’s green.  A lot of teams don’t have the cap space like Jets do and just like in baseball, teams are going to be operating a bit tightly.

Joe Douglas doesn’t seem like the type to just throw big money. It’s not his philosophy

the mock drafts would be much more interesting if a lot of you realized this 

With that said I love ARob and would love to sign him. Really want Ja’Marr Chase though 

Edited by GangGreen420

47 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

But then we are doing exactly what led us hear in the beginning.