Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Can't believe Sam is leading with 26 votes.

If this poll took place after the season I'm sure Fields would have way more.

Is fields actually better than Darnold and that is a legitimate question. I just dont think I can confidently say he is. 

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Is fields actually better than Darnold and that is a legitimate question. I just dont think I can confidently say he is. 

I want to disagree with you in a major way, but you're right. Lawrence is as close to a sure thing coming out of the draft this year. Beyond that, there is nothing to suggest anybody that we would pick at 2 would end up better than the guy we picked third in 2018. Especially when you take into account our history with early draft picks at the quarterback position.

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

He’s a prospect so of course there’s no certainty. TLaw isn’t 100% better than Darnold for all we know.

Its whether the FO thinks that change is needed and that who they draft is worth that investment.

We will see how it plays out over the next few months

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I do not look at if Fields or Wilson or any prospect is better than Sam. I look at as we know Sam is not that good. For as risky as it may seem by drafting an unknown player (which all draft choices are), I believe it is riskier to HOPE Sam can succeed next year. After next year his price tag goes way up.  

As for Jets drafting history, it is just that -HISTORY. It is not indicative of any future player picks and development. We have a new GM who seems to get it and we will have a new coaching staff. Leave the history in the past.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sure but we know Sam isn't working here and do we want to wait around until we have a top 2 pick again to draft a QB?

i COULD NO AGREE MORE.  Something is missing with Darnold, he has shown next to nothing in the three years with the Jets. Three wasted years and three second round picks lost that we gave away to get him. This whole thing with Darnold has been a total disaster. time to move on from him.

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I like Mac Jones over Fields and Wilson. For me I would love to trade down and get D. Smith and Mac Jones. I think these 2 have something great. I think size is over rated on WR. Just like I think size is over rated for QB. I just don't like Wilson or Fields. 

If you want a QB with no athleticism and will be a game manager then sure, jones is your guy.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Watched this game with a ton of OSU fans and a few before the game even started weren’t sold on Fields as an NFL QB. I’ll pass

Taking any player at #2 presents risk not associated later in the first.  Picking that high means the team is not good. The thought of missing on that pick is scary because of the potential setback to the future of the franchise. Couple that with the need of a QB and it is even scarier.

But we need a QB. All QB candidates have warts. Good scouting departments and GM’s can identify them and determine if they can be fixed. I am not sure who will be better between Wilson or Fields so I defer to JD and his staff. What I will say is that I am confident that they will do the work necessary to minimize this risk and choose who is best for this franchise. We may or may not believe in this choice, but we should at least be comfortable that they made the right choice for now. 

On 1/10/2021 at 10:37 AM, Bobby816 said:

He’s a prospect so of course there’s no certainty. TLaw isn’t 100% better than Darnold for all we know.

Its whether the FO thinks that change is needed and that who they draft is worth that investment.

We will see how it plays out over the next few months

That really is the bottom line, Douglas is still in the process of cleaning the mess Macc left. I am sure at this point Joe is still not sure who he wants at QB next year. He has the picks and the money to turn the Jets around. We can do all the mock drafts we want, but we will be going up against 31 other teams in the draft. There is no question our O line is much improved, but not outstanding yet. Like usual this upcoming draft will be very exciting. If we hit on our first two picks in the first round, all the other picks will be pure gravy. But the key is the first two picks. I have been wrong 55 out of the 56 years of Jet drafting history, maybe this year I will be right.

2 hours ago, Heymangold said:

If you want a QB with no athleticism and will be a game manager then sure, jones is your guy.

I don't think he is a game manager. That is probably the floor for him. I think Jones can be a very good QB who can make all the throws. Then again I'm old school and what a QB to throw first and make an accurate pass before anything. I don't want my QB carrying the ball 8 times a game running and taking hits. That is just asking for trouble. I also feel that Wilson and Fields just don't throw a very accurate ball.