Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

JD is gonna swing on one of these guys, can’t force your HC to take on a QB who looks broken and hasn’t done enough to get his 5th  year option picked up. Fields has shown a ton of upside and has the body of work where I’d like him at 2....but the more I watch Zach Wilson the more I’m intrigued, Big Arm, the Mobility, and his ability to change arm angles so easily make me think he may be an option as well.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Get used to the basement boys, because the Jets are going to be the worst team in this division for a long, long time 

Nah, a new HC, a plethora of early draft picks, and what looks like a bunch of real young talent (Mims, Foley, JTM, Q, Becton, Hewitt, Eiflen, and Maye (though not young)) - I'm feeling really positive about our future. We just beat one of the best teams the NFC has to offer. Imagine if we had quality coaching all year long and all our players were healthy? We might be a sneaky good team.

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Nah, a new HC, a plethora of early draft picks, and what looks like a bunch of real young talent (Mims, Foley, JTM, Q, Becton, Hewitt, Eiflen, and Maye (though not young)) - I'm feeling really positive about our future. We just beat one of the best teams the NFC has to offer. Imagine if we had quality coaching all year long and all our players were healthy? We might be a sneaky good team.

Okay. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I say that because we said the same thing 2 years ago. Missing out on Lawrence was the worst thing that could have possibly happened 

Edited by GangGreen420

I'm not down on Fields after that bad game.  He still has a top flight deep touch and is very accurate.  Those things translate even of he may need some time to acclimate.  I haven't scouted Wilson so I can't comment on him yet.  Guess it's time to at least see what he's all about.

I do know for sure that Sam is not the starting QB in 2021 though.  That ship has sailed a long time ago.

The temptation to trade down is interesting though.  It would have to be an offer o couldn't refuse though.  I'm not passing on a QB for a meh offer unless JD really dislikes both Fields and Wilson.  

My gut says we draft Fields at 2 right now.

There's still hope for a Jacksonville won next week.  CHI hopefully puts up a stinker.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Truth of the matter is getting things around whoever is at QB is more important now. We’re less desirable though for HCs, FAs, etc though. But to surround fields or Darnold with talent is HUGE!!!

I'm on the WR, RB bandwagon now.  With Lawrence we could have spread out our resources now we have to go back to loading offense.

39 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The temptation to trade down is interesting though.  It would have to be an offer o couldn't refuse though.  I'm not passing on a QB for a meh offer unless JD really dislikes both Fields and Wilson.  

My gut says we draft Fields at 2 right now.

Is Fields truly that much better than the other prospects?  From my arm chair, I am not so sure.  When he was pressured in the NW game his accuracy dropped. In the NFL he will be pressured.

My point is that we do not have to take a QB at 2. We can trade down and still most likely get a QB even in round 2 that would not be that big of a drop off, if at all. If we pass on a QB altogether, we can get the next “Fields”in 2022. 

At this moment, I'm taking a QB and still building the same way around the QB I would have with Lawrence. I'm also cool with going with BPA out of our needs after free agency. All the other teams we wished we were like were able to build without picking without picking a QB #1. There are more than 2 good coaching options out there, so I'm not worried about the Chargers and Jags taking up all the coaches. Colts picked Luck and went with Pagano. If we approach this right, we'll have a coach we can win with. I don't think any coach will look down on a team that kept fighting and beat one of the best teams in the league. 

I still have to watch more Wilson. So I'll have an answer soon. I trust JD draft wise.