Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

Just now, JetsandI said:

If you can't tell what difference between 1 year and 10 years then you have problem.

that completely defeats the purpose of a rebuild this team is not winning next year and you would just completely be wasting a year. And that point just roll with darnold once again it’s not rocket science

I selected Darnold, if Saleh does end up landing the gig he would be able to evaluate his strength and bring in what he knows which would fix the defense first then work on the offense. Going BPA at 2 and 25th (Seattle whatever pick that is) Smith would be an ideal #1 wr for your team whether Darnold is long term or just a 1 year left you have a solid wr corps with him, mims and crowder moving forward. You have Becton on the oline, not sure if Sewell would be ideal or not at 2 but I would go with the playmaker and fix the oline in other ways. It is a handful to bring in a new hc who is defensive minded, bringing in new coaching staff, look at what you have and what will work, on top of evaluating the most important position with Darnold, the FA Qbs and the draft QBs while coming up with an entire board. I know Joe will be the one drafting for you guys but you have to assume the HC is going to have his input on the players coming in as they need to gel with each other in order for the HC and GM tandem to work. Successful organizations have a positive existence with the GM/HC/QB relationship, dysfunctional organizations happen when they arent on the same page. Then you have 1 year of overviews and a step forward in the foundation and then go in on your qb in 2022 offseason draft

This all comes down too. Is Wilson or Fields a franchise QB? Then the next question is do you see a diffrence or that big of a diffrence between those 2 and say guys like Mac Jones, Trask or any other QB in this draft. If your answer is no then you look to bring Darnold back with someone to compete against him.

I'm one of the few that does not see Fields or Wilson as a franchise QB. Now if one fell to us at pick 23 then I could see taking a chance on them but not at 2. You have 3 guys that will be great in T Law, Sewell and D. Smith. I for one think you do bring in a guy like D. Smith who I think is the best WR to come out in years. I don't care about size. This guy gets so much seperation from CB who should be going in the first 2 rounds. Then you grab Winston who I think if you cut his turnovers down will be better than these guys getting drafted. I just don't like these QB's after T Law unless one drops big time then the risk reward is better. You CAN'T miss on this #2 pick. 

None of them are potential franchise qbs.  However, I doubted Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson and a few more qbs. All of them have NFL career.

Jets had drafted qbs hoping they turned out NFL qbs but didn't bother to collect talents around qb.  That makes me skip qb at #2. 

I just watched the Ohio Alabama game, and Fields didn't even play bad. If not for Ohio's run game being totally useless and their defense being swiss cheese, he would've shined much more. Considering how well Fields was playing, it's a wonder they even kept running the ball.

As for Mac Jones, his stats greatly exaggerate his on field play - so many swing passes that went for long gains and TDs. No thank you.

Fields is still my #2.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:01 PM, soflbillsfan said:

I selected Darnold, if Saleh does end up landing the gig he would be able to evaluate his strength and bring in what he knows which would fix the defense first then work on the offense. Going BPA at 2 and 25th (Seattle whatever pick that is) Smith would be an ideal #1 wr for your team whether Darnold is long term or just a 1 year left you have a solid wr corps with him, mims and crowder moving forward. You have Becton on the oline, not sure if Sewell would be ideal or not at 2 but I would go with the playmaker and fix the oline in other ways. It is a handful to bring in a new hc who is defensive minded, bringing in new coaching staff, look at what you have and what will work, on top of evaluating the most important position with Darnold, the FA Qbs and the draft QBs while coming up with an entire board. I know Joe will be the one drafting for you guys but you have to assume the HC is going to have his input on the players coming in as they need to gel with each other in order for the HC and GM tandem to work. Successful organizations have a positive existence with the GM/HC/QB relationship, dysfunctional organizations happen when they arent on the same page. Then you have 1 year of overviews and a step forward in the foundation and then go in on your qb in 2022 offseason draft

Darnold can't even move the team at garbage time. He hasn't improved one bit in three years. Most Jet fans say it time to move on and draft a new QB. But that is up to Douglas, not us. We were sold a bill on goods how good he was and that Josh Allen, was not a good passer, how wrong were those so called draft experts. Josh Allen has been terrific and Darnold stinks.

34 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Darnold can't even move the team at garbage time. He hasn't improved one bit in three years. Most Jet fans say it time to move on and draft a new QB. But that is up to Douglas, not us. We were sold a bill on goods how good he was and that Josh Allen, was not a good passer, how wrong were those so called draft experts. Josh Allen has been terrific and Darnold stinks.

Jets are going to need a qb eventually there is no denying that. The issue at hand is, are they a qb away from competing or can these picks and cap space overall build a foundation so that you can in the near future (2022 draft) land a rookie qb that can put this team in compete mode.  Whatever the game plan is the future qb is going to need to succeed and put up some serious points because for the next 10 years you are likely going to have to deal with the likes of Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Joey Burrow, Justin Herbert, Desaun Watson, then Trevor Lawrence is going #1 and projected to be solid.

So is it best for the Jets to settle for the 2nd Best QB in the draft whether it is Fields, Lance, or wilson and put him in there at some point in 2021 season with a team trying to figure out their identity at the same time? Or do you get the HC in here build up the trenches on both sides let Darnold or other vet come play for one year, and then go all in on the qb next year? This team is not a quick fix and definitely 3-4 years away from being a true contender. What did the Jets do 3 years ago they went all in on Darnold but never looked at the big picture which is build up an oline, build up the weapons around him for him to succeed. The defense was still in shambles as they were at the bottom 10 of the league when he came in. So is drafting a qb right now the best move or will it just be a repeat of Darnold without giving him the tools to succeed whether he's franchise material or not? Becton (solid piece), Crowder great slot, Mims (unknown based on injury this year, no running game, no defense outside of mosley and quinnen. The bills built Allen to succeed, 2nd in defense when they drafted him, got a new OC,  2019 gave him oline help and weapons in brown and beasley, not to mention rookies in Singletary, and Knox. 2020 went with Diggs and some key olineman all for him to succeed. Herbert was given amazing offensive weapons in williams, henry, and allen, along with a running core, an offensive mind hc. So yes he had the opportunity to start off strong down side was the overall team and lack of oline help. Mahomes went to one of the best offensive mind hc of our generation, a playoff caliber team, a franchise qb in Alex Smith to sit behind a year to learn. Jackson had a Superbowl champion qb in front of him, a solid oline, and running game. They even went and got an OC that was use to his style of game play in Roman as he dealt with Kap and Tyrod Taylor (mobil qbs). These teams gave these guys their best chance to shine. They didn't do this for Darnold so why rush to do it to another rookie qb only to end up being where you are at 3 years from now?