Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure how going with one of the best OT prospects to come out is a bad idea, but okay...

We have a rookie LT who has been one of the best offensive linemen in the entire league this season.  We have a solid RT.  Obviously Sewell is an upgrade but I don't want to move Becton or spend #2 overall on Sewell when we need a QB and WR and DE and CB and C and RG over a RT.  

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We have a rookie LT who has been one of the best offensive linemen in the entire league this season.  We have a solid RT.  Obviously Sewell is an upgrade but I don't want to move Becton or spend #2 overall on Sewell when we need a QB and WR and DE and CB and C and RG over a RT.  

Because drafting for need has never blown up in a team's face before.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure how going with one of the best OT prospects to come out is a bad idea, but okay...

It is not only about the talent. I agree, Sewell is one of the better OT’s to come out. But he will want to play LT. Becton will want to play LT and has earned it. Why?  LT makes a lot more $ than RT.  Having both may cause some friction.  The second reason is the Jets will have to pay both within one year of each other.

These may seem like minor matters to us, but I guarantee GM’s think about this stuff.  With so many needs it would be wise to trade down and accrue more talent. A stud RT may not be the best use of our draft resources in 2021. 

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Fields, Trevor, Wilson.

The real difference is the talent they've faced their college careers. Trevor's faced the best and consistently puts up strong numbers. Fields less so.

Listen I totally agree that Lawrence is the top prospect.  Stats wise throughout their careers, it’s pretty damn close.  The ACC competition isn’t much better, if any better than the BIG10.  Fields has had some poor games this year, yet they’re 3-0 in all of them. I think the Covid protocols have really hurt Fields’ season.  This past weekend he was dealing with a right thumb injury as well.

8 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Listen I totally agree that Lawrence is the top prospect.  Stats wise throughout their careers, it’s pretty damn close.  The ACC competition isn’t much better, if any better than the BIG10.  Fields has had some poor games this year, yet they’re 3-0 in all of them. I think the Covid protocols have really hurt Fields’ season.  This past weekend he was dealing with a right thumb injury as well.

The last 2 games he’s had a bad thumb. So I’m not looking too much into his accuracy and velocity those games. He has like 15-20 other games under his belt where he’s looked great. 

• Like 1

Keep Sam, trade down from #2 and take the best pass rusher available.

Take Etienne with the seahawks picks. Draft interior lineman in round 2-4. Bring in Daboll. Become a power running team and let Daboll fix Sam aka turn Sam into Baker Mayfield

Edited by Colt45fool

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The last 2 games he’s had a bad thumb. So I’m not looking too much into his accuracy and velocity those games. He has like 15-20 other games under his belt where he’s looked great. 

Nope.  He hurt his thumb when playing against NW and that was why OSU switched to smashmouth offense. 

Fields sprained his knee against NW last year and wore knee brace against Clemson for playoff game. Now, he hurt his thumb against NW and will play with healing thumb against Clemeson in January.   Weird coincidence.

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

If we are picking #2 it will be the 2nd rated qb. I don’t think we will trade down. Someone sell me on Justin Fields please?!?!?

69% completion percentage in his career. He’s very accurate and has plenty of arm. Last year had only 3 INTs the whole season, while putting up 41 TDS. Can make all the throws. Has good size and can move. He has 19 Rush TDs to his name as well. This past week was his worst game of his career, and that had everything to do with him hurting his thumb on his throwing hand. He had 2 INTs that game. I’ve watched him this season and 2 of his other INTs weren’t his fault either (both on the WR). So 4/5 INTs there’s a reason for this season.

Point bring he’s not a guy who turns the ball over and scores TDs and has all the tools. No he’s not TLaw... but he’s still darn good.