Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

10 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I really hope he puts on a show against Clemson. We could use some assurance if we're picking at #2.

I think he’ll have a good game. I think Clemson still wins bc they’re the better team. But that doesn’t mean Fields can’t look good

• Like 1

@xrade against Indiana he had 300 tds and 2 tds in the air, 78 and a td on the ground.  He led them to victory.

as for the wr discussion, is that not the main defense for Darnold?  Everyone says “give him weapons and he’ll be good”.  Well, so far with all his weapons, Darnold hasn’t looked great.

1 minute ago, Heymangold said:

@xrade against Indiana he had 300 tds and 2 tds in the air, 78 and a td on the ground.  He led them to victory.

as for the wr discussion, is that not the main defense for Darnold?  Everyone says “give him weapons and he’ll be good”.  Well, so far with all his weapons, Darnold hasn’t looked great.

The Jets full array of “weapons” is still well below what the rest of the league puts out. Fields will fail the same way Darnold did in this situation 

3 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

He was without Olave Saturday as well as having the bad thumb.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Jets full array of “weapons” is still well below what the rest of the league puts out. Fields will fail the same way Darnold did in this situation 

You have a second 1st, the rest of your draft, $70M in cap, and two 1sts/whole draft next year.

I'm missing something here right?

19 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Keep Sam, trade down from #2 and take the best pass rusher available.

Take Etienne with the seahawks picks. Draft interior lineman in round 2-4. Bring in Daboll. Become a power running team and let Daboll fix Sam aka turn Sam into Baker Mayfield

Can we please stop mocking a RB in the first round.  JD won't ever do that and for good reason.

I was a big Fields guy and I haven't totally soured on him but man I watched Wilson's film and I very well might put him over Fields.  As good as Fields is Wilson's accuracy is 2nd to none and that includes Lawrence.  Despite the weaker schedule he makes big time throws consistently.  This QB class is really good.  Haven't even done any film on Lance yet either.

If you told me we could trade down a few spots and still land Wilson that is my best case scenario outside of getting the number 1 pick.  Man watching that Wilson film got my so pumped especially after the loss of the top spot.  

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was 100% in for that plan until watching Wilson's film.  I might just do what you said but replace Fields with Wilson.

To each their own. I still rate Fields quite a bit higher than Wilson. Wilson has played 2 good teams this year (and I’m being kind saying CC and Boise are good). And he wasn’t impressive really in either game. And they actually lost to CC.