12/21 2021 Round 1 mock

IndianaJared

20 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good job overall on your mock.  One thing I will say is that the Vikings don't need any more first round cornerbacks.  They need help in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  I think the best thing they could do is move down and grab an offensive tackle or guard at the bottom of the first round, and then use what is hopefully a second round pick to get a 3 technique DT.

Agreed, I'd be hard pressed to see the Vikings drafting a CB in round one. With Gladney and Dantzler last year in the 1st and 3rd, I think the Vikings would look for the trenches, OG, 3 technique DT being the biggest two.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with a corner. Richard Sherman looks done, and Jason Verrett is a big question mark in terms of health. Mosley is okay, but nothing remarkable. The 49ers probably won't be able to nab one of the top quarterbacks without a big trade up anyway. They'll probably give Jimmy G one more year to see if the can get back to his old self, and take someone in the later rounds. Or sign a veteran. I'd like Mac Jones, but I'm guessing some team will take him in the first round via your mock.