Panthers fire GM Marty Hurney

.Buzz

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Not a surprise, but a lot of Panthers fans were getting nervous because of how long we kept him around post-Tepper.  But the seeds were already being built, especially with hiring Pat Stewart from the Eagles as Director of Player Personnel.  Not sure if he'll be the immediate replacement.  Either way this is a great day.  Hurney's first round picks ALWAYS slapped, but his contracts were terrible and it seems his 1st round success was more-so because he went with the safe, high floor pick rather than anything else (I guess Cam is the exception, but he was also easily the best QB on the board at the #1 overall pick).  His success past the 1st round was dreadful to say the least.

Y’all heard that new track “1st round picks” by Marty Hurney!? It slappppppssss bruh super lit. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Dear 6lb 2oz baby Jesus, please send Nick Caserio out to Carolina... so we can avoid Jack Easterby trying to keep himself in Houston by suggesting his buddy join him. I know you don't like Easterby either, so help me out lil baby Jesus.

Amen.

But can you imagine how exciting that Josh McDaniels offense could be with him as HC, OC and defacto GM after he clashes with Caserio and gets him fired?

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So are they giving up on Rhule too, then? If not, could make it harder to land a top GM candidate...Typically new GMs want to bring in their own coach.

I highly doubt it. They gave Rhule a ridiculous contract when they hired him. I think this will be a situation where Rhule helps find the best GM for him. Similar to what McDermott and Shanahan did.

The timing of this is actually really, really bad imo. 

The WFT play carolina this week. Ron Rivera and everyone else that left CAR is now in washington. So, they fire a guy with a ton of ties to the team they are playing this week. I mean, any GM worth their salt knows the ins and outs of the playbook of the coach they are working with. Well, not only is washington a good landing spot for him, but he is now free to divulge everything he knows about the panthers to the WFT prior to this weeks game. You would have also thought he would have been a pretty good resource to use against Ron Rivera and Scott Turner. Unless the plan is to tank, then this was a bad move this week imo. Should have fired him after the game this weekend.