Week 16: VIKINGS (6-8) at Saints (10-4)

swede700

19 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Shame too considering what Stefanski is doing in Cleveland. 

I wonder if he is going to be another former Vikings coaching staff-member who goes on to coach a team to a Super Bowl win before the Vikings win one?  It's possible in the next few years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder if he is going to be another former Vikings coaching staff-member who goes on to coach a team to a Super Bowl win before the Vikings win one?  It's possible in the next few years.

That Browns team has the talent to do it. But they need to do it before Baker hits his second contract.

21 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Listen . . . All this anti-Zimmer talk is futile.   Personally, I like Zimmer and his ability to develop defense.    Yes, today sucked.   The team had two brand new JV-squad LBs out there and to an extent, they each made a play or two.  So, the s-show we witnessed, wasn't due to nobody's . . . Not totally.   

Harris missing tackles, The Hitman missing plays, the corners playing soft and the D-Line making the Saints O-line look other-worldly.   The players failed.    And when Bailey missed the extra point the defense wilted like drought-ridden ***** willows.    

The defense forced how many punts?    I wonder the stats/records of winning the TO battle 2-0 when scoring over 30 points?  

Now, the clock mgt at the end of the first half is Zimmer's to bear . . . Bad, just bad.   The Vikes could've made a FG, come out in the 3rd and tied the game.   The feel would've been different, and Brees wasn't winning this game on his play.

All in all, I think a good showing next week, makes the Wilds retain Zim and Spelman . . . Some fans will be unhappy, some won't.    

They haven't figured out how to manage a clock in how many years under this coach?

They have made/missed the playoffs in what ratio, under this coach?

What does anyone think they will be close to the SB next year or the year after, given this coach's record, and the age on D of the best players?

54 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They haven't figured out how to manage a clock in how many years under this coach?

What does anyone think they will be close to the SB next year or the year after, given this coach's record, and the age on D of the best players?

I think they could be pretty good next year.  Possibly another NFCCG appearance?

54 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Its consistenly been every other year we make the playoffs with Zimmer. 

2014 first year, 2016 complete collapse after 5-0 start, 2018 win and your in week 17 and we looked lost out there and now 2020 we had a shot after 12 games holding the 7th seed and then proceeded to lose 3 in a row.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ouch.

Yeah that Bears loss is what really did them in. That sequence on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 after the Dantzler interception just ticks me off. 

On the plus side, that puts them at pick 13 just ahead of the 49ers. Trade Kirk to San Fran for 14 and then trade up for Wilson and prosper ;) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Yeah that Bears loss is what really did them in. That sequence on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 after the Dantzler interception just ticks me off. 

On the plus side, that puts them at pick 13 just ahead of the 49ers. Trade Kirk to San Fran for 14 and then trade up for Wilson and prosper ;) 

No ones taking on that contract