Week 16: Remember the Titans at Packers

packfanfb

This is the way to the 1 seed  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why will the Packers beat the Titans in Week 16?

• Because Aaron Rodgers
    • Because we hold Derrick Henry under 150 yards
    • Because PackFanFB made the GDT
    • Because Outpost31 was right all along about rookie ILBs
    • Because Packerraymond is a better mod than CWood21
    • Because Malfatron blew the Colts game, prompting a winning streak

The big game approaches. 11-3 Packers v. 10-4 Titans. Titans fighting for the division title while the Packers fight to hold onto the 1 seed. Hopefully by 8:20 EST, the Rams will have beaten Seattle and our destiny will be right in front of us -- Beat the Titans for home field throughout. Let's get it. 

What: Vrabel's Titans v. Pettine's Packers

Vrabel Stunned GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

National Football League GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

When: 8:20 PM (EST) -- Sunday Night Football -- NBC

Where: Lambeau in front of a capacity crowd of around 500-750 screaming fans

Always fun to play the Titans around the Holidays. Let's Dance. 

Green Bay's gift to Titans fans everywhere. | FAIL / Epic Fail | Know Your  Meme

PACKERS vs REDSKINS | The League Ambassadors

Instant analysis of Packers' preseason-opening win over Titans

• Like 1

Both great coaches - nod to MLF cuz he may still have some inside intel into the culture and philosophy of the Titans from his time there.

Tannenhill can actually throw the ball now - who knew?  But Henry is obviously the focus of their offense, and GB is not well-suited to bring him down.  Our dudes will need to play a much more physical brand of football on Sunday night.

A win would give GB a respectable 2 - 2 record against top ten teams this season.

Could be a high scoring affair.  Problem is their run game takes time of the clock.  If Rodgers and company don’t score on any given opportunity, it decreases GB’s odds of winning.

Will be an uphill battle I think, but man, a win sure would be sweet, especially if the Seacrows lose!  Go Pack!

These two teams are both very evenly matched so I expect a really good game. Henry will get his yards and touchdowns, the key will be making every offensive possession count. I see it coming down to the last drive. I’ll give the nod to the home team and the MVP. Packers 38 Titans 35. Crosby nails a 50 yarder to win it. 

I fully expect a loss this week, and then we beat the Bears.

Is there a chance we may see a defense designed to stop or attempt to limit the run this week.  Fester have it in him?

Will Tony Rush get a chance to work some in certain packages, maybe alongside Clark to beef up the middle?

Will Dillon get some serious carries, especially with Williams hurting a bit?

Will Frenchy have the offense ready to go for a full 4 qtrs.?

Will Patrick provide the Titans with a turnstile to focus on?

So many questions, so few answers...

7 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I fully expect a loss this week

packer fans are like my mom. i think she still expects that I will get in a car accident every time I drive (I'm 35) and she's pleasantly surprised and relieved every time I successfully drive from my house to their's or vice versa.

*edit - and I've never been in an vehicular incident in my life

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

packer fans are like my mom. i think she still expects that I will get in a car accident every time I drive (I'm 35) and she's pleasantly surprised and relieved every time I successfully drive from my house to their's or vice versa.

*edit - and I've never been in an vehicular incident in my life

It’s the Outpost theory:  think opposite of what you want to happen.  Doesn’t work for me, however, especially with my golf swing - think the worst and the worst actually happens.

Seems like a good matchup for the Packers on paper.

The Titans only have 3 offensive weapons. I would put Jaire on Brown and double up on Davis (King and Savage). Henry will get his yards but they can make a few stops. Amos, Scott, Martin, and Barnes just need to make a few plays.

What am I not seeing?