Week 16: Remember the Titans at Packers

packfanfb

This is the way to the 1 seed  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why will the Packers beat the Titans in Week 16?

• Because Aaron Rodgers
    • Because we hold Derrick Henry under 150 yards
    • Because PackFanFB made the GDT
    • Because Outpost31 was right all along about rookie ILBs
    • Because Packerraymond is a better mod than CWood21
    • Because Malfatron blew the Colts game, prompting a winning streak

3 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Seems like a good matchup for the Packers on paper.

The Titans only have 3 offensive weapons. I would put Jaire on Brown and double up on Davis (King and Savage). Henry will get his yards but they can make a few stops. Amos, Scott, Martin, and Barnes just need to make a few plays.

What am I not seeing?

Only 3 offensive weapons?

Well ****! Must be easy to stop!

IT2BzzQ.png

Oh.

I mean for all I know we'll be held scoreless on Sunday night, but not sure I've read a weirder post than the highest scoring offense in the NFL only has a couple weapons and whats the big deal about stopping them.

Aaron Rodgers bout to put 900 yards on our defense though so not really gonna matter if our offense is it's usual self or held to 0 anyway.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

IT2BzzQ.png

Oh.

I mean for all I know we'll be held scoreless on Sunday night, but not sure I've read a weirder post than the highest scoring offense in the NFL only has a couple weapons and whats the big deal about stopping them.

Aaron Rodgers bout to put 900 yards on our defense though so not really gonna matter if our offense is it's usual self or held to 0 anyway.

The Packers offense has only 3 consistent weapons (Adams, Jones, Tonyan) and we're #2.

Don't get what is insulting about saying you only have 3 skill guys to be concerned about?

26 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Seems like a good matchup for the Packers on paper.

The Titans only have 3 offensive weapons. I would put Jaire on Brown and double up on Davis (King and Savage). Henry will get his yards but they can make a few stops. Amos, Scott, Martin, and Barnes just need to make a few plays.

What am I not seeing?

My only concern is Henry left, Henry right, Henry up the middle, Henry up the middle, Henry right, Henry left.  Repeat.

Thus they owning time of possession.  Best way to beat Rodgers is to own the clock and keep the ball away from him.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Packers offense has only 3 consistent weapons (Adams, Jones, Tonyan) and we're #2.

Don't get what is insulting about saying you only have 3 skill guys to be concerned about?

Well, it ignores Jonnu Smith for one, which I wouldn't recommend to any defensive coordinator, but that isn't the point anyway, looking at it from the "this is their best players stop them and you win" is the reason the Titans offense is so effecient is it doesn't really matter who the "weapon" is on the play. We pick up chunks throwing it to Cam Batson, Geoff Swaim, Anthony Firkser, MyCole Pruitt, etc just because of how the offense is designed. They're either wide open thanks to teams selling out to stop the play fake and the route designs by Arthur Smith, or Tannehill will just throw a dime to a guy tightly covered.

I haven't gotten to watch the Packers much this year, but I'm sure it's a similar case. The offense is successful because of how incredible your combination of play designs and QB are. Not because or X number of weapons or who those weapons are.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Well, it ignores Jonnu Smith for one, which I wouldn't recommend to any defensive coordinator, but that isn't the point anyway, looking at it from the "this is their best players stop them and you win" is the reason the Titans offense is so effecient is it doesn't really matter who the "weapon" is on the play. We pick up chunks throwing it to Cam Batson, Geoff Swaim, Anthony Firkser, MyCole Pruitt, etc just because of how the offense is designed. They're either wide open thanks to teams selling out to stop the play fake and the route designs by Arthur Smith, or Tannehill will just throw a dime to a guy tightly covered.

I haven't gotten to watch the Packers much this year, but I'm sure it's a similar case. The offense is successful because of how incredible your combination of play designs and QB are. Not because or X number of weapons or who those weapons are.

Sure, it's the same with us, we have nice role players, but you stop Adams/Jones and make us rely on them, it definitely improves your odds.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

My only concern is Henry left, Henry right, Henry up the middle, Henry up the middle, Henry right, Henry left.  Repeat.

Thus they owning time of possession.  Best way to beat Rodgers is to own the clock and keep the ball away from him.

Put our best playmakers out there and try to get a FEW stops on Henry. He's gonna get his. Few teams can legit take away the Titans' receivers. Green Bay can do that: our strength. We have the dbs to shut down their only two receivers.  Am I wrong?

The Titans don't have the receiving options GB has. Lazard, MVS, Jones, and Williams are all better than the Titans' number three. They have a great WR1 and WR2 which the Packers MATCH UP against. Not many teams can do that. The Pack can take away the passing game. 

The Titans don't have the middle of the field players (and NO receiver 3 at all) that tend to hurt GB. It's not the 49ers of last year. It just seems that they are a better match up for GB's strengths.

I don't think we can "take away" Henry. Who has besides the Browns who went up 28 points? They need a couple 1st half stops on Henry: the rest is on AR and MLF's 1st half game plan.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm kinda more interested in our 2nd half game plan cause (this year at least.....) it seems we handle the 1st halves okay. It's the 2nd halves that get crazy.

Yeah. That's why I said 1st half. But this Titans D is nothing to fear. A good confidence boost for the offense.

Follow the Browns game plan and win it in the 1st 2 quarters. ;)

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

IT2BzzQ.png

Oh.

Yup, both offenses are pretty darn good.  Difference between the 2 teams ... the defense.  Although GB's defense isn't all world, it's so much better than the Titan defense.  Going to be a shoot out .. looking forward to it.   

What are the odds Henry breaks the rushing record against the Packers' defense? I'm going to say he comes close. He'll have at least 150-170 by half. The way Tannehill has been playing and it being a prime time game, gonna be a shoot out IMO. Got a feeling this game is going to be like the Colts game and every other game in the second half for the Packers, come out strong, then fizzle in the 2nd half.

42-38 Titans.

Edited by dwaye50327

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

I fully expect a loss this week, and then we beat the Bears.

Is there a chance we may see a defense designed to stop or attempt to limit the run this week.  Fester have it in him?

Will Tony Rush get a chance to work some in certain packages, maybe alongside Clark to beef up the middle?

Will Dillon get some serious carries, especially with Williams hurting a bit?

Will Frenchy have the offense ready to go for a full 4 qtrs.?

Will Patrick provide the Titans with a turnstile to focus on?

So many questions, so few answers...

I think Dillon could play more but Williams is reportedly fine.