Week 16: Remember the Titans at Packers

packfanfb

This is the way to the 1 seed  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why will the Packers beat the Titans in Week 16?

• Because Aaron Rodgers
    • Because we hold Derrick Henry under 150 yards
    • Because PackFanFB made the GDT
    • Because Outpost31 was right all along about rookie ILBs
    • Because Packerraymond is a better mod than CWood21
    • Because Malfatron blew the Colts game, prompting a winning streak

8 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

KC had the ball 42 minutes compared to 18 for the Saints, and it ended up being just a three point differential....Just saying...

I think you just proved @Kepler point.  He didn’t specify the time differential.  Fact remains, ToP is still an important and relative indicator.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

True, but one would think having the ball more than twice as long as your opponent would be indicated by a higher score differential....

Possibly, and I understand the point you were trying to make.  My point was that you essentially proved Kepler’s point.  KC had the ball longer and they won....regardless of the differential.  I underscored my point by saying trust in the data - time of possession is your friend if your goal is to win, which I believe most teams aspire to do.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I suspect the Titans first play will be to run Henry right up the middle of the Packer's defense. And then again, and again, and again, until the Packers stop them. If they can't....

Titans actually prefer to get Henry on the edges of the D. They do a little toss play similar to one we run and it’s very successfully. Once Henry gets a head of steam on the edge he’s picking up chunks of yards and eventually he will break a long TD. 

24 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Titans actually prefer to get Henry on the edges of the D. They do a little toss play similar to one we run and it’s very successfully. Once Henry gets a head of steam on the edge he’s picking up chunks of yards and eventually he will break a long TD. 

I haven't watched the Titans much, so I'm sure you're right. The end result will be the same though.

Wish I could be more upbeat about this game.

When I think about the Titans, toughness comes to mind.  They are tough and physical.  It isn't just Henry.  The whole team feeds off of that.

Their defense is gonna come out smoking against us.  They will be disciplined and not give up easy bootlegs.  They will bracket Adams.  Basically I'm expecting them to play similar ball to the Panthers.  Only more physical.  

Offensively, I love what they do.  They run and wear you down.  They play action.  Their receivers block really well.  This should be a game where we learn just how good Corey Davis would look on our team.

Gonna be a slugfest.  I feel like our defense will be up for the Henry challenge.  We are gonna hear how soft we are.  And we aren't going to like hearing that over and over.  This is a statement game for GB.

Guess I feel like it will come down to specials.  Who is going to give up the long return.  Who is gonna miss a kick.  If we can be solid there, I like the chances.  

This game should be a good barometer for the playoffs. If we can man up and stop the Titans, (and stop is a relative word, we're not shutting them out, anything under 27 will be a win for the defense) I'll have hope for the playoffs. If this is one of those 41-38 games, or we get the doors blown off us, it'll be another year of hoping Rodgers gets white hot for 3-4 games or we'll be embarrassed again.

No idea.  Tennessee is a good team, and we're 1-2 against good teams, so probably odds aren't in our favor.  The Saints game a turnover was the game-changer; can we win without a turnover advantage?  No idea.  

Lots of long drives for both teams.  Stops may be few; hard to guess.  A turnover here; a blitz that gets through there; a bad throw; a drop; a tipped pass; one missed block...  Whatever, the Packers probably can't afford too many mistakes. 

Packers have had bundles of penalties in recent weeks.  Hope they avoid that.  Kills you to have a good first-down completion, only a holding penalty costs you ten yards and makes you punt.  Or to get a huge 3rd down incompletion stop, only to see the yellow flag thrown.