Week 16: Remember the Titans at Packers

packfanfb

This is the way to the 1 seed  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why will the Packers beat the Titans in Week 16?

• Because Aaron Rodgers
    • Because we hold Derrick Henry under 150 yards
    • Because PackFanFB made the GDT
    • Because Outpost31 was right all along about rookie ILBs
    • Because Packerraymond is a better mod than CWood21
    • Because Malfatron blew the Colts game, prompting a winning streak

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i'm shocked at how unconfident you guys are lol. now i think we'll give you a fight and maybe if we really, really bring it we'll even win, but i don't think you realize how bad our defense is. it is worst in the NFL-level bad. historically bad on 3rd down. rodgers is going to vivisect us.

I'm not going to copy and paste but go back to my post earlier in this thread. If we win, it'll be because your defense is a sieve. Our biggest downfall is our run defense, which is your offense's biggest strength. See why we're so unconfident?

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I’ll believe they are going to give Dillion the ball when I see it.  Last week was the perfect opportunity and he didn’t even see the field in the second half despite having a 21-3 lead.

Probably just being out so long. If he doesn't get decent touches this week, something is going on in the locker room.

With Williams dinged and Dillon now having a couple weeks in since returning from Covid, I'd think this is a week that is lining up for him to have a larger workload.  Either way, I don't expect MLF has any big plans for unleashing Dillon this season. Seems pretty clear that barring a significant injury to Jones/Williams, Dillon's time won't be arriving until next fall.

For the team in general, the next two games should be good prep for the playoffs.  With CHI seeming to have found something, these are looking like two of the tougher games of the season.  The CHI game may mean more from a seeding perspective (for now) but I think I want to see a win vs TEN more.

59 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Probably just being out so long. If he doesn't get decent touches this week, something is going on in the locker room.

Or he's dealing with COVID related complications (shortness of breath for months afterwards is a common side effect) and he's WAY behind on the playbook and there's not really much reason to play him behind some vets. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Or he's dealing with COVID related complications (shortness of breath for months afterwards is a common side effect) and he's WAY behind on the playbook and there's not really much reason to play him behind some vets. 

This entire season has been one of setbacks for him.  Missing time will affect his conditioning but mostly lost reps in practice for the rookie.  I have to believe if there were any residual Covid effects, he would still be on that list.  This thing is too new and unpredictable to take unnecessary chances.  I see him being down for multiple weeks as them making sure he had no lingering issues.

This would seem to be the week for him, so let's hope we get the young man some snaps. I've been looking forward to it since April. 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

This entire season has been one of setbacks for him.  Missing time will affect his conditioning but mostly lost reps in practice for the rookie.  I have to believe if there were any residual Covid effects, he would still be on that list.  This thing is too new and unpredictable to take unnecessary chances.  I see him being down for multiple weeks as them making sure he had no lingering issues.

This would seem to be the week for him, so let's hope we get the young man some snaps. I've been looking forward to it since April. 

So long as he's testing negative, you're not going to keep him out of the building. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So long as he's testing negative, you're not going to keep him out of the building. 

Definitely not, but he was on the practice field to some degree at least a week before they activated him. Anyway, I'm glad he's on the 53 now and hope he gets a little tic before the playoff where we hopefully won't need him.

2 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I’ll believe they are going to give Dillion the ball when I see it.  Last week was the perfect opportunity and he didn’t even see the field in the second half despite having a 21-3 lead.

Nothing unusual.  With every possession a quick punt, Jones was plenty fresh and there was no reason to play Dillon.  (Plus, there was extreme pressure on Rodgers, and Jones is much more reliable in protection.)

I'm guessing Williams will be back this week, and if so Dillon won't play.  But if not, Dillon will get some of the rotations that Jamaal normally gets.  Hopefully that's several, because that would probably mean the Packers are having long and successful drives with Jones in.  

19 hours ago, Leader said:

Agreed. The only thing this TEN team seems to be lacking is the dominant front 5-6 on defense - that simply crushes the GB OL and gets in ARs face. Not that its unique, but thats the method to beat AR. Chase him....hit him frequently....sack him. Well - they apparently cant do the latter - so good for us. Hopefully our OL will hold up against their DL and AR can dissect that secondary.

On the other side of the ball......our defense needs to *bring it*. Be "within the rules" vicious. Mean, nasty, gang tacklers.

Dont want to hear the players talking about the cold.....or the MVP chase.....or how the game isnt all that important. Only want to hear how they're gonna kick the **** out of the guys on the other side of the LOS.

Rodgers is no different than any other QB - get in his face and he struggles.  EVERY QB will have difficulties running an offense if he is running for his life.  I wish we did that more often to our opponent' QB...

13 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

He was out for weeks with COVID.  From what I understand this virus just saps the strength out of you and it takes a while before you get that back.  Let's hope he sees more snaps Sunday night.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

He was out for weeks with COVID.  From what I understand this virus just saps the strength out of you and it takes a while before you get that back.  Let's hope he sees more snaps Sunday night.

The majority of players this doesnt happen to, they have minor to no symptoms and are seemingly back in the lineup the following week after a negative test like nothing ever happened. Coaches aswell. Dillon's case seems to be an anomaly, I'm glad he's feeling better though. Really wish we could see more of the Hamstring Hammer.

Not sure, but I seem to recall Dillon tweeting about his COVID experience, and it did hit him hard.  

I know of 3 folks who have had COVID.  Two were down and out for 2 weeks and still not "right" after 3 weeks.  Both said it zapped all their energy and all they could do was rest and drink water.

The third guy was really young, like 22.  The only thing he got from COVID was loss of taste.  

https://www.packers.com/news/week-16-injury-report-packers-vs-titans

20 Packers listed.  Williams DNP, and Jace and Redmond, and of course Lewis who's always DNP.  

Lots of LP: Gary, Z, King, Sullivan, EQ, Lazard, Walker, Patrick.  

Jones is LP with toe.  Hopefully that's not much there, but sometimes guys playing with turf-toe or whatever can be non-trivially compromised.  Dillon isn't even listed at all this week.  

Barnes was FP.  Will be interesting to see how many snaps total there are, and how they get divided between Barnes, Kirksey, and Kamal.  

On 12/22/2020 at 1:34 PM, -Hope- said:

i'm shocked at how unconfident you guys are lol. now i think we'll give you a fight and maybe if we really, really bring it we'll even win, but i don't think you realize how bad our defense is. it is worst in the NFL-level bad. historically bad on 3rd down. rodgers is going to vivisect us.

GB fans have a phobia regarding teams with a legit rushing offense overwhelming the GB defense. The angst isn't without cause, but there is no reason for the GB offense not to be equally problematic for the TEN defense.

• Like 1

I actually think you guys would be better off with the #2 seed. And I usually always say go for #1 and don’t over think it. But I think you guys match up absolutely horrendous with Tampa Bay, like the 49ers last year. And I’m usually a person who picks the opposite team in a rematch, but I think Tampa wins big again if you face in the playoffs. 

Divisional Round is likely (5) Tampa Bay at (1) Green Bay if you are the #1 seed. And the home field isn’t gonna help much, Brady is the best cold weather QB to ever exist. 

If you get the #2 seed, you likely face Seattle in the Divisional Round, and New Orleans likely beats Tampa in the Divisonal Round. Then GB/NO is basically a coin flip, that slightly favors Green Bay, in the Conference Championship game. 

I’m not saying intentionally sabotage yourselves, but no reason to be upset what so ever if you don’t get the #1 seed.