Week 16: Remember the Titans at Packers

packfanfb

This is the way to the 1 seed  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why will the Packers beat the Titans in Week 16?

• Because Aaron Rodgers
    • Because we hold Derrick Henry under 150 yards
    • Because PackFanFB made the GDT
    • Because Outpost31 was right all along about rookie ILBs
    • Because Packerraymond is a better mod than CWood21
    • Because Malfatron blew the Colts game, prompting a winning streak

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Hasnt Turner been outperforming Patrick?

59 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A

51 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Turner has been playing well this year so I'd go for the 1st grouping here.

51 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

A by a lot for me.

Brain fart on my end should have been, edited the original post

Bak Jenkins Linsley Turner Wagner

or

Bak Jenkins Linsley Patrick Turner

• Like 1

Interesting question.  Earlier, Packers chose Patrick-Turner over Turner-Wagner.  

I doubt Linsley plays already this Sunday anyway.  But I hope I'm wrong, and if so I'll be really curious whether they go Patrick-Turner or Turner-Wagner.  

I think it is safe to say that Patrick is better in the RG spot than the LG spot. 

I also think I misread the tea leaves.  I thought that Jenkins would be kept at LG, and Patrick would be the center next season.  With the amount of PT that Jenkins is getting at C, while Patrick is still playing G, it looks as if Jenkins will be the C next season.  Is next season's line going to look like this:  Bakhtiari-Runyan-Jenkins-Patrick-Turner?  We have Stepaniak, Hansen is on IR, and Zack Johnson and Ben Braden on the PS, Yosh Nijman is a ERFA.  So it looks like we have a little depth still.  It is doubtful that we have the same depth as this season, but I think that this is quite an anomaly.  

6 hours ago, craig said:

Interesting question.  Earlier, Packers chose Patrick-Turner over Turner-Wagner.  

I doubt Linsley plays already this Sunday anyway.  But I hope I'm wrong, and if so I'll be really curious whether they go Patrick-Turner or Turner-Wagner.  

To start the season it was Patrick and Taylor with Jenkins at RT.  Perhaps Turner and Wagner have gotten better.  Is Patrick still fighting a foot injury? I wouldn't be too surprised with either alignment.  

Everything that I have seen says that Linsley is still on IR.

How would you feel about him returning but being say 80% and still starting Jenkins, but would be available if we need to do any line shuffling? 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it is safe to say that Patrick is better in the RG spot than the LG spot. 

I also think I misread the tea leaves.  I thought that Jenkins would be kept at LG, and Patrick would be the center next season.  With the amount of PT that Jenkins is getting at C, while Patrick is still playing G, it looks as if Jenkins will be the C next season.  Is next season's line going to look like this:  Bakhtiari-Runyan-Jenkins-Patrick-Turner?  We have Stepaniak, Hansen is on IR, and Zack Johnson and Ben Braden on the PS, Yosh Nijman is a ERFA.  So it looks like we have a little depth still.  It is doubtful that we have the same depth as this season, but I think that this is quite an anomaly.  

Ideally I’d hope Patrick is a back up next season. I don’t think he’s a bad player but can certainly OT be upgraded upon. hopefully Stephaniak or one of the other 2020/future draft picks can step up. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I can't speak for others, but it was very revealing that they opted to move Elgton Jenkins to C as opposed to Lucas Patrick.  I really think Jenkins is slotted as the future C, and they'll roll with their young guys at the guard spots.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I can't speak for others, but it was very revealing that they opted to move Elgton Jenkins to C as opposed to Lucas Patrick.  I really think Jenkins is slotted as the future C, and they'll roll with their young guys at the guard spots.

Agree with you on that.  That being said, what a great draft pick Jenkins turned out to be  .. fantastic player who can play any line position.  Very valuable and excellent pick.

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ideally I’d hope Patrick is a back up next season. I don’t think he’s a bad player but can certainly OT be upgraded upon. hopefully Stephaniak or one of the other 2020/future draft picks can step up. 

I am not counting him out, at all.  If someone were to tell you before the season started that Lucas Patrick would start 14/14 games so far this season, we would all have thought that a bunch of guys got hurt, or opted out.  On the contrary, he was good enough to keep both Billy Turner and Rick Wagner on the bench and move Jenkins to RT just to get Patrick on the field. And the line has been one of the best in the league.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Long term id hope he works out at RT.

Edited by Arthur Penske