GDT: SNF Tennessee Titans @ Green Bay Packers

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

definitely agree.. If our defense was even a little below average I think we could make a run. 

I say it often. If we could just be horrible, we could be super bowl champs. We are horrendously bad. Soo Bad. 
I literally want to turn off the TV when the defense takes the field.

When it 14-19 after the Tanny run, I didn't want to watch, because i knew deep in my soul they were just about to go and ****** the game back with a TD drive. 

They had NO problems on our defense. NONE whatsoever.

I literally didn't look forward to this game. I'm not looking forward to the Houston game. Because even if we do manage to win it, I know that we aren't doing anything in the playoffs. How can we?  We literally can't stop anyone. 
And that is not being a negative person, it is just the truth we can't stop any offense. 

Play the Bills again, Diggs will kill us.
Play the Dolphins, I'm not sure we could stop Fitzpatrick.
Can't stop the Browns. Cant stop a single team.

There is no reason to get excited or look forward to anything about this team going forward, because we are so bad on defense.

Even as fun as the offense CAN be, it can't do it all the time, especially when the defense spots the other team 19-20 points before we even get out our stance. 
We looked shooked by the snow. We look like we didn't want to be out there.
David Long looked like the only who wanted to tackle and he is our what 3rd LB?

No Simmons.
No Byard
No Vacarro
No Evans

And Adoree looked like  wasted spot tonight.

All big money/1st round picks with NO impact. We can't win if that is the case.

Just gonna watch (maybe) and just kinda enjoy seeing them play and prepare for an early exit if we even get there. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And they knew!

If they won tonight they win the division. It was a known fact and they still came out like that. 

I think we get caught early in games sometimes standing around looking at Henry waiting for him to do something. He can't have 200 yards rushing every time we need to beat a great team. They were borderline putting 9 in the box tonight. If we want to get next level elite on offense Brown has to elevate and take over games. Whether or not that means a scheme problem in getting him the ball or him not being ready for that role yet idk. But we can't just wait for Henry to win us every game.

Edited by twotonebluenation

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think we get caught early in games sometimes standing around looking at Henry waiting for him to do something. He can't have 200 yards rushing every time we need to beat a great team. They were borderline putting 9 in the box tonight. If want to get next level elite on offense Brown has to elevate and take over games. Whether or not that means a scheme problem in getting him the ball or him not being ready for that role yet idk. But we can't just wait for Henry to win us every game.

I'm not gonna really comment on the offense it has been pretty consistent. 
We know how they play and what they need.

They need the defense not to be an open gate every single possession.  We can take a 2 TD hole, but not 19 points or more after 3 possessions. 

25 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Even if our “better players” like Byard were playing amazing or were being put in great positions like you are saying he is not, they couldn’t save this d. I have seen Byard get burnt in 1 on 1s and make terrible instinctive decisions all year. And I love Byard, but he just doesn’t pass the eye test. You can be good one year and then not good the next. Or vice versa. That is possible. He also wasn’t some elite game changing safety last year also. Who are these better players? Simmons, Butler, and to your standards Byard. Everyone else is legitimately a backup. Our whole front, backups outside Simmons and Harold Landry. And Landry is meh. We have been through so many backup linebackers. Then our secondary we have run through the gauntlet of backups. Borders, Smith, Joseph. Also why is Butler playing good then? Because the coaching is good for specifically him? And it isn’t like he is some great player either, he is just playing good. The point is we don’t have enough players that are good enough to make this d good. Who are these players. Vrabel deserves some blame of course, but I think he is truely handcuffed by talent, we are playing with way too many backups.

i mean, i don't even really know what to say in response to this. up until this year byard was, very justifiably, in the discussion as being the best safety in the NFL. he didn't have the flashy INT numbers last year (though he still had way more than this year!) but his play was excellent.

byard, vaccaro, jayon brown, rashaan evans, harold landry. this time last year we were talking about how they were our young core of studs on defense. (adoree too, but he's not as relevant to this discussion due to injury).

all of these players have regressed significantly. jayon was possibly the brightest young star on our defense and we were talking about whether we'd be able to afford the big extension he was in line for, and he was cheeks this year even when he was healthy. rashaan evans has always had his issues in coverage, but he came on strong late and was a key contributor to our playoff run- he's been flat-out horrendous this year. vaccaro was awesome and set the tone with his physical play, now he just misses tackles and looks lost in coverage. harold landry was a solid if unspectacular pass rusher, but he had double the number of sacks he does this year and was impacting games far more frequently.

if it was just one of them, yeah, i'd chalk it up to having a bad year. but this is very obviously systemic. malcolm butler is literally the one single player you can point to who has maintained his level of play. he's the exception, not the norm.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not gonna really comment on the offense it has been pretty consistent. 
We know how they play and what they need.

They need the defense not to be an open gate every single possession.  We can take a 2 TD hole, but not 19 points or more after 3 possessions. 

Of course. The defense sucks, that’s a forgone conclusion. I am just thinking that if we can ever muster a defense that isn’t pathetic, I think there will come points if we want to win a super bowl, the offense is going to have to overcome situations where Henry is getting contained. We really struggle badly when that happens. I love watching Henry go crazy, but we need to be more dynamic, and that will help us tremendously. 

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Of course. The defense sucks, that’s a forgone conclusion. I am just thinking that if we can ever muster a defense that isn’t pathetic, I think there will come points if we want to win a super bowl, the offense is going to have to overcome situations where Henry is getting contained. We really struggle badly when that happens. I love watching Henry go crazy, but we need to be more dynamic, and that will help us tremendously. 

Yeah my main thing the whole off-season was find a way to mature the passing game. Find a way to be able to pass the ball without needing Henry to do anything. Find a way to win both ways.
We can win passing, but we can't win playing from behind, if that makes sense. 

If our defense could at least trip someone up every few plays then our offense could play the way they want. But we can't do anything. It's such a helpless feeling watching the defense play 

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, i don't even really know what to say in response to this. up until this year byard was, very justifiably, in the discussion as being the best safety in the NFL. he didn't have the flashy INT numbers last year (though he still had way more than this year!) but his play was excellent.

byard, vaccaro, jayon brown, rashaan evans, harold landry. this time last year we were talking about how they were our young core of studs on defense. (adoree too, but he's not as relevant to this discussion due to injury).

all of these players have regressed significantly. jayon was possibly the brightest young star on our defense and we were talking about whether we'd be able to afford the big extension he was in line for, and he was cheeks this year even when he was healthy. rashaan evans has always had his issues in coverage, but he came on strong late and was a key contributor to our playoff run- he's been flat-out horrendous this year. vaccaro was awesome and set the tone with his physical play, now he just misses tackles and looks lost in coverage. harold landry was a solid if unspectacular pass rusher, but he had double the number of sacks he does this year and was impacting games far more frequently.

if it was just one of them, yeah, i'd chalk it up to having a bad year. but this is very obviously systemic. malcolm butler is literally the one single player you can point to who has maintained his level of play. he's the exception, not the norm.

I know Robinson sees it. And he will need to step in and demand changes on the defensive side of the ball.

You can't be this bad and keep everything the same. 

Then Robinson needs to look in the mirror. Got rid of Casey when he really shouldn't have.....

And really missed the previous off-season when he didn't go after Z'Darius Smith. "The Guy" Said that Pees wanted him. A lot of us had him coming here. Word is that Smith likes Nashville. 
If he doesn't do every thing but sell his soul find pass rushers he should hang it up. 

Teams like the Packers are the measuring stick for the league... This is the type of team we're going to have to beat every week in the playoffs to get to and ultimately win a Super Bowl. I just see no way that this defense will ever play well enough for us to do that. God I miss Dean Pees and Kerry Coombs.

36 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

When I say that about Byard, i didn’t mean to say it like he wasn’t  one of the best. I say it in the sense I just don’t look at him in the same light as a Matthieu, Buddha Baker type. Byard was amazing don’t get me wrong. But I think he works best when complimented by other parts of the defense. Where as a player like Matthieu and Buddha Baker elevate other parts of a defense with how multi faceted they are. Blitzing and just free lancing within a defense.

Edited by twotonebluenation

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know Robinson sees it. And he will need to step in and demand changes on the defensive side of the ball.

You can't be this bad and keep everything the same. 

Then Robinson needs to look in the mirror. Got rid of Casey when he really shouldn't have.....

And really missed the previous off-season when he didn't go after Z'Darius Smith. "The Guy" Said that Pees wanted him. A lot of us had him coming here. Word is that Smith likes Nashville. 
If he doesn't do every thing but sell his soul find pass rushers he should hang it up. 

Yea. Was the Casey move to just open space for Clowney? Casey move feels so stupid in hindsight. 7th rounder? Like come on. I loved him. And he contributed quite a bit on that playoff run. He would also be relieving some of those double teams on Simmons right now.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah my main thing the whole off-season was find a way to mature the passing game. Find a way to be able to pass the ball without needing Henry to do anything. Find a way to win both ways.
We can win passing, but we can't win playing from behind, if that makes sense. 

If our defense could at least trip someone up every few plays then our offense could play the way they want. But we can't do anything. It's such a helpless feeling watching the defense play 

At this point the offense knows they basically HAVE to be perfect to beat a good team because any help they get from the defense is a miracle. And that puts a LOT of pressure on them.

It's just clear that there's no leadership on defense. Scheme/lack of DC aside

NOBODY outside of Butler clearly stepped his game up this year when the team needed him to. Simmons is certainly getting a lot of offense's attention, but he hasn't made a play in weeks. Byard hasn't done anything all season. Evans regressed.

Who stepped up? not a soul. Team lacks leadership w/o Casey, Ryan, Woodyard.

Byard isn't the leader/captain we thought he was. Leaders/captains step the f--- up.

Feel bad for Byard

Even last night, 3 times I remember hearing him try to guess where the play was going an all 3 times he was wrong

I forget the 3rd play but I remember him yelling “screen screen it’s gonna be a screen” it didn’t end up being a screen

Another time I heard him yelling “left they are going left” they went right 

It goes to show you that who ever was leading the film study and tried to pick up on the Rodgers line checks is light years behind of what’s really going on 

They need a DC with a clue plain and simple

Vrabel needs to go back to just coaching the whole team and paying attention to what’s going on in the game 

Let someone else handle the D and we’ll have a shot at being good again