GDT: SNF Tennessee Titans @ Green Bay Packers

ttitansfan4life

I really do fear what will happen if we lose Arthur in the offseason. He has his flaws obviously, but we’re seeing right before our eyes what happens when you lose a good coordinator (Pees) and replace him with a bad one (Vrabel/Bowen). This team is fatally flawed, and even though trading Casey to free up space for Clowney turned out to be a horrible move imo, it wouldn’t have even mattered.

18 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I really do fear what will happen if we lose Arthur in the offseason. He has his flaws obviously, but we’re seeing right before our eyes what happens when you lose a good coordinator (Pees) and replace him with a bad one (Vrabel/Bowen). This team is fatally flawed, and even though trading Casey to free up space for Clowney turned out to be a horrible move imo, it wouldn’t have even mattered.

mane ive been trying to tell yall the defensive coordinator is NOT THE PROBLEM! the coaching is fine. its the players.. lack of a pass rush is whats dooming us.. players play and coaches coach.. deen peas would not have this defense performing much better.. its like what if arthur had an o line this year that couldnt pass block? it would throw off everything with the offense. well, we have a defense with no pass rush, or pass rush talent, so the same effect is happening with the defense.. how would dean pees/new dc help? i legit want to know an answer other than, "we need dean peas or a new defensive coordinator." like tell me what you think they would do to get better results? the cb's are playing closer coverage, we have gotten more talented guys out there playing now, so what would the new dc do without players that can get a pass rush? NO DEFENSE WOULD BE GOOD WITH THE AMOUNT OF TIME QB'S HAVE TO AGAINST US

8 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

mane ive been trying to tell yall the defensive coordinator is NOT THE PROBLEM! the coaching is fine. its the players.. lack of a pass rush is whats dooming us.. players play and coaches coach.. deen peas would not have this defense performing much better.. its like what if arthur had an o line this year that couldnt pass block? it would throw off everything with the offense. well, we have a defense with no pass rush, or pass rush talent, so the same effect is happening with the defense.. how would dean pees/new dc help? i legit want to know an answer other than, "we need dean peas or a new defensive coordinator." like tell me what you think they would do to get better results? the cb's are playing closer coverage, we have gotten more talented guys out there playing now, so what would the new dc do without players that can get a pass rush? NO DEFENSE WOULD BE GOOD WITH THE AMOUNT OF TIME QB'S HAVE TO AGAINST US

Stop screaming 

both things can be true. Both things are true. 
the defense lacks talent in the front seven. The defense is also poorly coached. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Again, the pass rushing talent is no worse this year than last year. In fact, at least for the first half of the season, it’d be tough to argue that it wasn’t better in 2020 than 2019. The only real loss from last year’s group was Casey, but his replacement was a fully healthy Simmons.

We went from front 7 pass rushers of Landry, Correa, Roberson, Casey and rookie, less than 100% Simmons in 2019 to starting the year with Clowney, Landry, Beasley, Correa, Roberson and Simmons. The fact that the pass rush was an immediate problem in 2020, and that Clowney, Landry and Beasley all had the worst years of their careers while we couldn’t even find a role for Correa should tell you something about the positions they’re being placed in.

27 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Again, the pass rushing talent is no worse this year than last year. In fact, at least for the first half of the season, it’d be tough to argue that it wasn’t better in 2020 than 2019. The only real loss from last year’s group was Casey, but his replacement was a fully healthy Simmons.

We went from front 7 pass rushers of Landry, Correa, Roberson, Casey and rookie, less than 100% Simmons in 2019 to starting the year with Clowney, Landry, Beasley, Correa, Roberson and Simmons. The fact that the pass rush was an immediate problem in 2020, and that Clowney, Landry and Beasley all had the worst years of their careers while we couldn’t even find a role for Correa should tell you something about the positions they’re being placed in.

Shane Bowen isn’t a good position coach 

I get that the OL was terrible yesterday and he’s immune to criticism 

but man Tannehill was bad last night. Franchise QBs NEEEEED to step up in those kinds of games. He didn’t.

I feel like our offense needs everything to be *perfect* to really run. You don’t win a super bowl that way 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

but man Tannehill was bad last night. Franchise QBs NEEEEED to step up in those kinds of games. He didn’t.

I feel like our offense needs everything to be *perfect* to really run. You don’t win a super bowl that way 

i dont put that loss on tanny.. he, just like any qb is gonna have a bad game a time or two during the season.. the problem is the defense.. the offense, like you said has to be perfect, but not because of the offense, but because they have to carry the team.. thats not good. we cant keep expecting them to bail out the defense for this long of a time.. an offense should be able to turn the ball over every once in a while and still be in the game.. this offense, against the better teams, cannot give the ball up because it will almost always lead to points, and often a touchdown.

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

The entire offense looked like they’d never played in the snow before and had no idea how to handle it. Tannehill wasn’t good and seemed to struggle to get much on the ball, especially early.

Both tackles were miserable and overwhelmed. And the receivers were just a mess. Clearly had no confidence in their footing, every route was choppy and slow.

Basically, virtually every player on both sides of the field was disappointing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Well Vrabel’s track record in choosing offensive coordinator has been pretty good so far. Was trying to bring in Ryan Day, got LaFleur, then Arthur Smith. Which makes this year’s defensive coordinator situation so strange.

lol i mean he did bring in dean pees from retirement. Honestly, i could see them having bowen as the dc next year.. vrabel is a loyal coach who demands loyalty from  his staff. I think he may see it as us needing to upgrade the talent. he works with bowen everyday, he has consistently said its not the coaching. if it was, i think he would have taken over by now. to be honest, thats how a lot of it goes in the league. most of it is, a lack of talent more than it is bad coaching.. how many of us wanted the o line coach fired or wanted arthur gone the first 6 weeks of last year.

16 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

i dont put that loss on tanny.. he, just like any qb is gonna have a bad game a time or two during the season.. the problem is the defense.. the offense, like you said has to be perfect, but not because of the offense, but because they have to carry the team.. thats not good. we cant keep expecting them to bail out the defense for this long of a time.. an offense should be able to turn the ball over every once in a while and still be in the game.. this offense, against the better teams, cannot give the ball up because it will almost always lead to points, and often a touchdown.

Great QBs don’t lay eggs like the one Tanny did last night 

the loss isn’t on him. This season’s failures will rest solely on the defense. But he was bad in a game he needed to step up in

13 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol i mean he did bring in dean pees from retirement. Honestly, i could see them having bowen as the dc next year.. vrabel is a loyal coach who demands loyalty from  his staff. I think he may see it as us needing to upgrade the talent. he works with bowen everyday, he has consistently said its not the coaching. if it was, i think he would have taken over by now. to be honest, thats how a lot of it goes in the league. most of it is, a lack of talent more than it is bad coaching.. how many of us wanted the o line coach fired or wanted arthur gone the first 6 weeks of last year.

Loyalty led to Mularkey’s firing. I hope the same thing doesn’t lead to Vrabel’s demise here.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Great QBs don’t lay eggs like the one Tanny did last night 

the loss isn’t on him. This season’s failures will rest solely on the defense. But he was bad in a game he needed to step up in

Well that just isn't true at all. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc have all laid eggs. Rodgers laid an egg vs Tampa this year, Brady laid an egg vs the Saints, etc.

You start expecting perfection and you're gonna be super disappointed. Hell it's a shock and quite surprising our offense has managed to perform so well in so many games this year. I would call last night the 2nd awful performance from our offense this season, other one being Cinci, just off the top of my head.

I'll take 14/16 games of good to great play from a side of the ball every year. You just expect the other side of the ball to be able to step up every once in a while to pick up the slack, but we don't have that luxury unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Well that just isn't true at all. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc have all laid eggs. Rodgers laid an egg vs Tampa this year, Brady laid an egg vs the Saints, etc.

You start expecting perfection and you're gonna be super disappointed. Hell it's a shock and quite surprising our offense has managed to perform so well in so many games this year. I would call last night the 2nd awful performance from our offense this season, other one being Cinci, just off the top of my head.

I'll take 14/16 games of good to great play from a side of the ball every year. You just expect the other side of the ball to be able to step up every once in a while to pick up the slack, but we don't have that luxury unfortunately.

When has Tannehill stepped up big time against an objectively good team and was the main reason we won the game?