GDT: SNF Tennessee Titans @ Green Bay Packers

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

When has Tannehill stepped up big time against an objectively good team and was the main reason we won the game?

Baltimore and Buffalo this year, Kansas City and Indianapolis last year, and played well enough vs the Saints last year to win us the game had the refs actually called things correctly, even though Henry was out.

People have this strange disconnect with this team assuming "Oh Henry was at least good today, must mean he was the reason", as if we didn't have maybe the worst offense in football through 6 weeks last year before Tannehill took over.

Tannehill's efficiency is the reason this offense works, especially at the absurd level that it does. It's why he leads the NFL iirc in EPA on PA passes and I think either going in to this week or last he was #4 in the NFL in EPA on non play action passes.

Tannehill has been absurd, and revisionist history because he had a bad game last night is ridiculous.

It's completely acceptable to criticize how bad he was last night. Can't happen, especially with how garbage our defense is, if we're gonna win games. Not acceptable to start pretending he isn't the reason we have one of the best offenses in football.

Didn't see posts like this about Henry when he was god awful vs the Browns. Nor should there have been. But also shouldn't be any about Tannehill today.

• Like 1

I don’t think my expectations of RT are unfair. I don’t consider him in that Mahomes/Rodgers tier 

but I don’t see him carrying us in times of need. Our offensive performance yesterday is an indictment on Smith (we rushed on 7/10 first downs in the first half yesterday for less than 20 yards) and the OL

but damn RT. Division on the line and you play like that? Come on

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

mane ive been trying to tell yall the defensive coordinator is NOT THE PROBLEM! the coaching is fine. its the players.. lack of a pass rush is whats dooming us.. players play and coaches coach.. deen peas would not have this defense performing much better.. its like what if arthur had an o line this year that couldnt pass block? it would throw off everything with the offense. well, we have a defense with no pass rush, or pass rush talent, so the same effect is happening with the defense.. how would dean pees/new dc help? i legit want to know an answer other than, "we need dean peas or a new defensive coordinator." like tell me what you think they would do to get better results? the cb's are playing closer coverage, we have gotten more talented guys out there playing now, so what would the new dc do without players that can get a pass rush? NO DEFENSE WOULD BE GOOD WITH THE AMOUNT OF TIME QB'S HAVE TO AGAINST US

The coaching is not fine. The players are also not fine.

Bowen does not know how to call a game the way Pees did. Similarly, the players are not capable of executing a game plan this year in the same fashion they were able to last year. Part of that is due to lack of talent and part of that is coaching. When our star defenders are all taking steps backwards, that screams coaching. Byard looks lost, Vacarro is hesitant, Brown looked mediocre, etc. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Baltimore and Buffalo this year, Kansas City and Indianapolis last year, and played well enough vs the Saints last year to win us the game had the refs actually called things correctly, even though Henry was out.

People have this strange disconnect with this team assuming "Oh Henry was at least good today, must mean he was the reason", as if we didn't have maybe the worst offense in football through 6 weeks last year before Tannehill took over.

Tannehill's efficiency is the reason this offense works, especially at the absurd level that it does. It's why he leads the NFL iirc in EPA on PA passes and I think either going in to this week or last he was #4 in the NFL in EPA on non play action passes.

Tannehill has been absurd, and revisionist history because he had a bad game last night is ridiculous.

It's completely acceptable to criticize how bad he was last night. Can't happen, especially with how garbage our defense is, if we're gonna win games. Not acceptable to start pretending he isn't the reason we have one of the best offenses in football.

Didn't see posts like this about Henry when he was god awful vs the Browns. Nor should there have been. But also shouldn't be any about Tannehill today.

Dude was 11/24 in a playoff atmosphere. Threw 2 picks and it should’ve been 4. Sorry man. He was god awful and we can critique him all we want 

both the OL and QB can play poorly in the same game. That’s what happened 

here’s the reality about RT. He doesn’t elevate the level of play of those around him. He has been GREAT and perfect for this offense. But I don’t see him shouldering the load in playoff type games like last night 

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

When has Tannehill stepped up big time against an objectively good team and was the main reason we won the game?

Yea, never. He still has not proven that to me. Which is my worry with him. He did not play great last night, again it does not help when your d cant help you out at all. I really like Tannehill but if we ever want to win a Super Bowl with him he has to start proving in big game situations like that he can take over a game. I said this last night, we can't just sit around and wait for Derrick Henry to win us the game, we have to find new creative ways to win especially in big games, or else we will not win a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Dude was 11/24 in a playoff atmosphere. Threw 2 picks and it should’ve been 4. Sorry man. He was god awful and we can critique him all we want 

here’s the reality about RT. He doesn’t elevate the level of play of those around him. He has been GREAT and perfect for this offense. But I don’t see him shouldering the load in playoff type games like last night 

I agree that he sucked. Said as much in the post. But that's not what we're debating here, you asked how he's won the team games, and I told you how. By being one of the most efficient QBs in all of football over the past year and a half by literally any statistical(whether you're just looking at box score numbers or advanced analytics) . Advanced analytics and grading sites like PFF literally have him right alongside the likes of Rodgers and Mahomes in this stretch.

And I forgot how Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith and Anthony Firkser and all those guys were real world beaters before Tannehill started throwing them the ball.

Pretending like this performance vs a playoff caliber team somehow eliminates all of the good performances vs playoff caliber teams is bizarre to me.

Titans lost to a real good team probably a SB contender 

Titans Defense just isn’t good and it’s not news 

The team wasn’t ready for the Packers or the snow 

Titans need to just flip the page and win in Houston

Titans need to just play a little more aggressive in certain situations and understand the offense needs to be on the field as much as it can

Its added pressure but the Titans offense needs to just go in with the mind set they have to score and or atleast move the ball to mid field almost every drive 

Just go win the division and take a shot in the playoffs that’s all you can do

best path would be hosting Miami, hope a lower seed pulls and upset against Buffalo and some how find a way to Pittsburgh. Then you take a shot in KC

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I mean, I definitely still have my reservations about him shouldering the load in a playoff game, but he's easily elevated Henry, Brown, Davis, Jonnu, and Firkser.

Edited by dtait93

56 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Great QBs don’t lay eggs like the one Tanny did last night 

they do literally all the time lmao come on. the only ones who don’t (or do extremely rarely) are the elite of the elite, which we already know tannehill isn’t. watson, allen, lamar, even russell wilson have all had absolute trash games. i mean, wilson has been whatever-to-bad for the last several weeks after starting out on an MVP pace. it happens!

and i’m not trying to absolve tannehill of blame for last night, dude was cheeks. but it’s literally his first bad game all year, after he’s balled out in crucial games for us like buffalo, baltimore etc.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I agree that he sucked. Said as much in the post. But that's not what we're debating here, you asked how he's won the team games, and I told you how. By being one of the most efficient QBs in all of football over the past year and a half by literally any statistical(whether you're just looking at box score numbers or advanced analytics) . Advanced analytics and grading sites like PFF literally have him right alongside the likes of Rodgers and Mahomes in this stretch.

And I forgot how Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith and Anthony Firkser and all those guys were real world beaters before Tannehill started throwing them the ball.

Pretending like this performance vs a playoff caliber team somehow eliminates all of the good performances vs playoff caliber teams is bizarre to me.

Because push comes to shove, to win a super bowl you’re going to need a QB who shows up in big games. Period end of sentence. 

I love RT. He’s a god send to this team. And yesterday is an outlier for just a bad offensive performance from a usually great group 

but like last year against KC in the playoffs, a team is gonna remove Derrick from the game and it’ll be on RT to shoulder the load. I have concerns on him being able to do that, and I don’t think it’s crazy to think that way.

You can definitely say that RT “elevated” the play of guys like Davis and Jonnu but I also think those guys produce in most competent offenses. We are gonna need RT to draggg us to wins in January (not this January. Maybe next if we can fix the defense. This year is a lost cause)

QB play is why KC beat SF in the SB last year. Jimmy G had a chance to win the game with his arm and he didn’t. RT is much better than Jimmy, but he’s gotta play better in these types of games 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

they do literally all the time lmao come on. the only ones who don’t (or do extremely rarely) are the elite of the elite, which we already know tannehill isn’t. watson, allen, lamar, even russell wilson have all had absolute trash games. i mean, wilson has been whatever-to-bad for the last several weeks after starting out on an MVP pace. it happens!

Again

playoff atmosphere is a different world. This is the context I’m talking about and within 

we want to be in that echelon, we gotta show up. Our best players need to show up

the loss isn’t on ryan. Not even close. Just like how the KC loss wasn’t on him

but when Derrick is removed from the game, can ryan show he can carry a team in a playoff atmosphere? Million dollar question but I’m sadly putting my money on no

20 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Titans lost to a real good team probably a SB contender 

Titans Defense just isn’t good and it’s not news 

The team wasn’t ready for the Packers or the snow 

Titans need to just flip the page and win in Houston

Titans need to just play a little more aggressive in certain situations and understand the offense needs to be on the field as much as it can

Its added pressure but the Titans offense needs to just go in with the mind set they have to score and or atleast move the ball to mid field almost every drive 

Just go win the division and take a shot in the playoffs that’s all you can do

best path would be hosting Miami, hope a lower seed pulls and upset against Buffalo and some how find a way to Pittsburgh. Then you take a shot in KC

Everything you said is 100% right.
But 
Also 100% wrong in my opinion.

Titans lost to a team now multiple times that had only won meaningful games against winning teams 2 or fewer times this season.

Titans defense is not only not good, there are Horrendously bad.

This team wasn't ready for the Packers in the snow, in the rain, wind, mud, sun or night. It could have been a perfect 62 degrees and the outcome would have been the same or worst. 

Titans do need to flip the page....well this one is right. :) 

They do need to be aggressive but nothing about this season says they will. And when they do get aggressive and go one on one, they get burned like King and Adoree did. 

This offense needs to be perfect for us to win a game. I knew once we stalled out that first drive that we had a problem. If we can't match points at least we are doomed. Give the other team's offense any chance to take multiple score lead on us, we are almost doomed. 

This is right, take our chances in the playoffs. But with this defense, we will be the early game on Saturday or Sunday, get bounced in the first game.

Miami has the best defense in the league and an offense that can at least move the ball. We are in no position to hope to get any certain team. Because they ALL can boat race us due to our defense. 

This argument really will never go anywhere, we just need to see more from Tannehill in big games. He has gotten better in bigger games than last season when shouldering the load. But he has not proven to me he can be the reason we win those big games against great teams. I still believe he can possibly do it. We just need to see him in more of those type of games. We will probably see more of that in the playoffs. Now let's go win that division and get to the playoffs!

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Again

playoff atmosphere is a different world. This is the context I’m talking about and within 

we want to be in that echelon, we gotta show up. Our best players need to show up

the loss isn’t on ryan. Not even close. Just like how the KC loss wasn’t on him

but when Derrick is removed from the game, can ryan show he can carry a team in a playoff atmosphere? Million dollar question but I’m sadly putting my money on no

Green Bay's players showed up.
Rodgers, Adams, Smith, Alexander, Savage. All made plays even Dillon who had 100 yards on the season I believe, came and dropped 100 on us. 

Titans:
David Long showed up. Butler was there too.

That's not good enough. Not our 1st round DT in Simmons. Not our highest paid safety in the NFL, Byard. Not our handsomely paid S,  Vacarro. Not our 1st round pick Adoree. Not our first round pick Evans. Not our 2nd round pick in Landry and Fulton.  Not our $100 million QB, Tanny.  Not our two almost 1,000 yard receivers in Brown and Davis. Not our almost 2,000 yard RB, Henry.

They didn't show up. Not blaming offensive guys, but they didn't make plays. They just didn't. Our superstars are absent.
And the defense is embarrassing. It just is. Us with this type of defense is just as bad as the Steelers with no run game. It's unethical. It's not how the NFL is suppose to function.  We have always had a respectable defense. Even when the team sucked and the defense ranked near the bottom in scoring, we still were more respectable than this. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Green Bay's players showed up.
Rodgers, Adams, Smith, Alexander, Savage. All made plays even Dillon who had 100 yards on the season I believe, came and dropped 100 on us. 

Titans:
David Long showed up. Butler was there too.

Facts. To be honest. That was the best I have seen the Packers D look all year, and their d has not been great this year. They took it as a statement game, and we didn't, we came out legitimately shook for about a half. They came out to prove that they could absolutely defend their home turf and they executed very well. Packers at home proved they are a scary team with that win. Of course Butler has been balling, but watching David Long play last night, damn players need to come with the energy he has to play, because that dude plays like he is on a mission. He wants it. I have always liked Long, he has always stepped up when he has been asked. He should be the future for us at ILB.