WFT signs Mychal Kendricks, SDH to IR

Slappy Mc

33 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

To me, this is a depth signing. I don't think Kendricks would be ready to be a starter over the guys we have on the roster who've been here all year, even the young back ups. For example, I expect our starting LBs against the Panthers to be Holcomb, Bostic & Hudson, unless Holcomb still isn't back from his concussion and then sadly we'd have to start T. Davis again at SLB who isn't healthy and really looks bad out there. From what I saw of him vs the Seahawks he's just a body out there and we've playing 10 vs 11. I don't know if it's his hamstring or knee that's bother him, but the dude can't move and he's not giving much effort either. Honestly, if Holcomb isn't ready to go, they should just start Jared Norris at SLB instead of giving T. Davis charity snaps on run downs.

Edited by turtle28

Interesting that we didn’t hear about this coming from any of our insiders, thought they might have tipped us off ahead of time. The team seems to have learned from its prior mistakes and signed him early enough that he can get out of COVID jail in time to play on Sunday. I’m glad we didn’t have to go to the extent of trading for him. He’s traditionally been an outside LB, but I would wager he could play insider as well — particularly if we feed him enough of our proprietary information for him to learn and act on quickly. Could definitely help us against Philly, we were pretty handcuffed in pass defense with those aging LBs out there and he might be able to help lock up those great TEs.

Not saying I got any specialized info about this, but I would now expect us to wear our burgundy jerseys with the white collars this weekend. Happy for him, though, a former star stuck on the practice squad, that must’ve felt like federal prison for him. But now his stock is on the way up again — as he probably already knew it would be.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

In 2018, Kendricks pleaded guilty to insider trading while he was a member of the Browns. He still has not served a prison sentence given a series of sentencing delays.

Only including this because it may affect how long he's here. Please do not discuss anything other than the impact to the team.

So with that in mind, even if he does well, we still need to act like he's not here when trying to fill out the roster. 

38 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Not a good sign for SDH injury and guessing it means KPL doesn't play again til playoffs if we make it,solid vet that can contribute if called upon I believe

I was thinking the same thing. So you know what injury SDH has to his elbow? Was it dislocated? Torn ligament? Must have been if he’s missing this game and they signed Kendrick’s.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Only including this because it may affect how long he's here. Please do not discuss anything other than the impact to the team.

So with that in mind, even if he does well, we still need to act like he's not here when trying to fill out the roster. 

I hear ya, but it probably depends on how he looks. If he looks anything close to what he did a few years ago I could see him sticking around but I agree it’s not likley.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Interesting that we didn’t hear about this coming from any of our insiders, thought they might have tipped us off ahead of time. The team seems to have learned from its prior mistakes and signed him early enough that he can get out of COVID jail in time to play on Sunday. I’m glad we didn’t have to go to the extent of trading for him. He’s traditionally been an outside LB, but I would wager he could play insider as well — particularly if we feed him enough of our proprietary information for him to learn and act on quickly. Could definitely help us against Philly, we were pretty handcuffed in pass defense with those aging LBs out there and he might be able to help lock up those great TEs.

Not saying I got any specialized info about this, but I would now expect us to wear our burgundy jerseys with the white collars this weekend. Happy for him, though, a former star stuck on the practice squad, that must’ve felt like federal prison for him. But now his stock is on the way up again — as he probably already knew it would be.

I don’t see him replacing Bostic at MLB this year. Kendricks was signed to be an OLB and his signing isn’t a good sign for KPL, SDH or Holcomb IMO. And also, it’s an obvious reality check finally to Rivera that T. Davis gives us nothing!! Ugh he was awful yesterday, his injury is making it so he can’t move at all. He’s a liability on D.

I think Kendricks is our starting SLB if he can get the D down & Holcomb can’t play.  The good thing is that Bostic can help Kendricks learn the D.  I think Hudson is for sure starting at WLB, he played just as well as KPL had been playing.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Updated the topic. SDH to IR in a corresponding move. The article did say that his injury is not believed to be serious, so maybe a playoff return if we get there..

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-places-lb-shaun-dion-hamilton-injured-reserve

So, I guess they put him on IR just to create room for Kendricks? Weird if it’s not serious, why put him on IR?

Hamilton's regular season is over as a result, although the team does not believe the linebacker's injury is serious, according to ESPN's John Keim. If healthy, Hamilton could be activated for the divisional round of the playoffs, should Washington make it that far.

In the corresponding move, Washington signed linebacker Mychal Kendricks from Seattle's practice squad. Kendricks will fly privately to Washington from Seattle, according to Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post, meaning he can bypass the NFL's mandatory six-day pre-entry COVID-19 testing and is immediately eligible for Washington.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, I guess they put him on IR just to create room for Kendricks? Weird if it’s not serious, why put him on IR?

prob a couple weeks inj but not having KPL and uncertian about Holcolmb and concussion need a healthy LBer and had to sign Kendricks on Monday so Seattle can't protect him on Tuesday if that's the guy you want

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I hear ya, but it probably depends on how he looks. If he looks anything close to what he did a few years ago I could see him sticking around but I agree it’s not likley.

I mean even if he's all Pro. If he is finally sentenced and has to serve time, he's not gonna be here.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We have two games left in a playoff push, and we need bodies at linebacker right now.  I told you, we might have to be the next guys up.  At least Danny is putting the private jet to use.  

• Like 2