Jared Goff - weak spot on the Rams?

BugzBunny101

I know a future first ballot hall of famer and top 10 QB of all time by most people rankings who went through an 11 season stretch from 2006 to 2016 averaging 15 ints and 6.5 fumbles per season and had five (7-9) seasons and one (8-8) season but there wasn’t a big uproar about it. And btw he had pro bowl talent around him on offense and a top tier head coach who is a top offensive mind as well. 

My point is turnovers aren’t the end all be all. That QB was asked to do a lot. He was averaging 622 pass attempts per season and  38.8 pass attempts per game. It’s natural for the turnovers to be up. Goff is asked to do a lot too. He is averaging 579 pass attempts over the past 3 season and had he not missed the Week 17 game that number would’ve been 617 pass attempts which is 38.5 pass attempts per game. And as someone pointed out this QB had that 11 season stretch when he was 27. So at 27 he was throwing 15 ints and fumbling 6.5 times per season. Goff a few months ago just turned 26. So anyone who is giving up on Goff now thinking he can’t get better I can’t help you. Goff I believe has the same type of work ethic and dedication to the game like the QB I’m taking about. Not saying he will be a future hall of famer or a top 10 QB of all time I’m just saying he will work hard to get better. 

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

What is great is the Rams have the 11th best total offense, 12th best in 3rd down conversions, and 2nd best in time of possession. The Rams offense possesses the ball 32 minutes. The only team that is better is the Packers and they have the potential MVP in ARod. As for Goff not having but 20 tds that’s misleading because the Rams run the ball ALOT in the redzone. They have 18 rushing tds inside the 20yd line. When Goff actually throws in the redzone under McVay he has 48 tds to 1 int. So don’t focus so hard on the lack of passing tds. The only things you or anyone can say about Goff this season is his turnovers and him not hitting the deep balls like he did in 2017 and 2018. Honestly the deep balls comes down to having guys that can actually get separation and attack the ball. Rams don’t have that. As for turnovers they happen I just don’t need Goff to make the obviously bad turnovers like he did against Seattle.

Again I know after the Superbowl it’s been blast Goff at every turn but tbh it’s not as great as it seems or as bad as it seems. The Rams once again has a 10 win season and in the playoffs. Last season they would’ve won 10 games if Zuerlein makes the kick in Seattle and they would’ve made the playoffs. The sky isn’t falling. The Rams aren’t (7-9) with no hope. The only thing anyone can say is yes they could be better and I agree. They could be better and it does start with McVay and Goff. Sometimes I feel like McVay let the offense down, sometimes I feel like Goff let the offense down. Goff let the offense down in the Niners game in LA and against the Seattle in Seattle. McVay let the offense down in Miami. The team as a whole didn’t show up against the Niners in SF and the OL let the team down against the Jets in LA. Goff isn’t all of the blame every time the Rams lose is what I’m saying. Just like he shouldn’t get all of the praise when the Rams win BUT if I’m going to continue to listen or see Goff get blast no matter what then when the Rams win lay those games at his feet too. It can’t just be all one sided because it’s not fair. 

Isn't that number kinda ordinary? You may have more red zone possessions because your QB can't score from deep but that number doesn't look high to me considering rushing TDs of 20+ yards are rare in the NFL, maybe for teams with dual threat QBs but still.

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I know a future first ballot hall of famer and top 10 QB of all time by most people rankings who went through an 11 season stretch from 2006 to 2016 averaging 15 ints and 6.5 fumbles per season and had five (7-9) seasons and one (8-8) season but there wasn’t a big uproar about it. And btw he had pro bowl talent around him on offense and a top tier head coach who is a top offensive mind as well. 

My point is turnovers aren’t the end all be all. That QB was asked to do a lot. He was averaging 622 pass attempts per season and  38.8 pass attempts per game. It’s natural for the turnovers to be up. Goff is asked to do a lot too. He is averaging 579 pass attempts over the past 3 season and had he not missed the Week 17 game that number would’ve been 617 pass attempts which is 38.5 pass attempts per game. And as someone pointed out this QB had that 11 season stretch when he was 27. So at 27 he was throwing 15 ints and fumbling 6.5 times per season. Goff a few months ago just turned 26. So anyone who is giving up on Goff now thinking he can’t get better I can’t help you. Goff I believe has the same type of work ethic and dedication to the game like the QB I’m taking about. Not saying he will be a future hall of famer or a top 10 QB of all time I’m just saying he will work hard to get better. 

Who is the qb you are talking about?

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I feel like Goff could throw 10 interceptions in a game, and STL4life would still defend him.

I’ve seen Favre throw 5 ints in a playoff game and did that ruin his career. All it did was give him the term “gunslinger”. You know I’m right lol. Can you imagine if Goff does that in a playoff game? He would get a name and it won’t be good or cool. I saw Mahomes turn the ball over 5x and lost in a big spotlight game and the next day I had to hear a sports talk show host say his biggest takeaway after the game was the Chiefs was the better team. Again I don’t think anyone would say the Rams are a better team in a game they lose because Goff turned the ball over 5x. But hey we all love Favre and Mahomes.