Why Taysom Hill will get 2021 to prove he's the future...

whodatworm23

So we've come to that point in this orginazation where life without Drew Brees appears to a foregone conclusion in 2021 and Sean Payton says he's convinced that the next guy after Drew is already on the roster annd that both Taysom Hill and Jamies Winston will have the oppertunity to be that guy next offseason.

Let's take a closer look at that comment by Payton... Notice Payton does not say that the future or the next frachise quarterback is currently on the roster, no no he says "the next quarterback after Drew is". Basically what he's committing too is that the starting quarterback of the Saints in 2021 is currently on the roster, thats all.

By saying that both Hill and Winston will have the chance to be that guy, one would assume that it would be an open competition next offseason if Winston was to resign... But would it really be an open competition?

First off... The Saints are set to pay Hill 16+ million aganist the cap in 2021 and are facing salary cap constraints with years of kicking the can down the road on Brees's deal finally coming to roost. The franchise will also have to address much of thier core players deals such as Marshon Lattimore, Ryan Ramczyk, Marcus Williams and possibly Sheldon Rankins. A decision on Trey Henderickson who is having a breakout season this year will have to be made.

The Saints will likely have to make some tough decisions financially moving forward so by being on the hook for 16 million for Taysom Hill in 2021 and him not being your starting QB just seems a little un unrealistic to me. Of course Payton would love to convince Winston that he actually has a shot if he resigns for another bargin basement deal so that he heads into 2021 with a established backup but I think Winston and his camp will be smarter than that. I feel Winston sees the writing on the wall and will look for a more realistic starting oppertunity in free agency.

So looking ahead, here are 5 reasons why I see Taysom Hill as the starting QB for the Saints in 2021...

1. The Saints and Payton have already commited to Hill.

As I said 16 million for a backup / gadget player in a hard cap year is not something the Saints front offiice or Payton would or should tolerate...fans won't.

2. Payton has invested too much into Hill not to see this through.

We all know Payton has an ego. Payton has developed Hill for 3 years now, choose him over Jamies Winston when Brees went down (save me the he promised Hill before Winston signed bull) and gave him a fat contract that set him up to be the starter in 2021. Payton has alot invested in Hill and for better or worse he's gonna see this through in 2021 and if it works out he's that much more a genius and if it dosent he has built up enough good will within the franchise to get a mulligian in 2021 especially with thier cap situationn and be allowed to draft a young QB in 2022.

3. Taysom Hill is what the NFL has trended to at the quarterback position.

Let's not get confused here... The idea is not to have a "running QB" but to have a QB who can use mobility to extend plays beyond the structure of the offense in particular when the play breaks down, there is a major diifference between the two.

The days of pure rigid pocket passers in todays NFL are fading. Thats not to say those guys cant be good NFL players but it's not whats coveted at the position anymore. With the amounts of money QBs get now in there 2nd contracts, front offices realize these players need to be able to create on their own and win with less by thier 5th year... Its a numbers game now. Look at the best quarterbacks in the NFL this year... Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes. Look at the top of the upcoming NFL draft... Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields. Players like Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan are losing their ground in the NFL these days, its the same reason Kyle Trask and Mac Jones will be 2nd round picks not 1st rounders.

The reason Payton is so enamored with Hill is he realizes where the league has gone at the position and he views Hill as that mobile player that can be that type of athlete at QB if he can just chip off the rough edges. Payton sees Hill in the mold of Steve Young who was clearly before his time and he's going to use the 2021 season to see if he's right.

4. Outside of playing the position, Hill. Possesses all the inntangibles that you would ever want at quarterback.

Let's get off actual play performance for a minute while talking Taysom Hill. Outside of that it is haed not to love the leadership and character qualities of Hill. He's absolutely a player you root for and want to see succeed. Other players gravitate towards him, fans love him and coaches adore him. He would without a doubt repersent your franchise well, he'll never embrass you off the field and he's extremely marketable.  There are many reasons as you can see for the Saints front office not just the head coach to want to do whatever necessary for Hill to succeed. Also theres the little fact that Drew Brees, the greatest Saint of all time gives Taysom his endorsment heading out the door amd wants to see him succeed him. Like it or not but Brees opinion matters to this ownership.

5. Bottom line... He's 3-1 as a starter.

At the end of the day... Your win loss record is the only stat that matters! I'm not gonna throw Hill to the wolves over the Eagles loss, its wasn't all on him. I was high on Jalen Hurts coming out and the Eagles have alot invested in thier defensive line. Its the NFL, it happens.

Look at the offensive game plan that Hurts (who is comparable to Hill) had vs the game plan that Payton had with Hill. The thing is that if Payton wants this thing to work with a unique quarterback then he has to develop a unique offense to go with him that hides hios weaknesses and enhances his strengths. That simply hasn't been the case with Hills 4 starts and yet he still managed to carve out a 3-1 record.

That's impressive.

Moving forward I have very little doubt that Taysom Hill will be the starting QB for the Saints in 2021 and I think Payton will be more committed to a offensive playing style that better suits his skill set and while in no way has Hill done enough to be considered the future of the Saints to this point, I do believe that 2021 will be his audition season for the job.

What say you???

WHODAT

• Like 1

My thoughts on Hill:

He needs some time practicing as the #1 QB, not as a QB AND a special teamer, AND a receiver, AND a TE, AND a running back.
I truly think with an offseason of prep time, and then spending his days in the QB room rather than all the above listed rooms, he may actually be a serviceable QB.

His reads are slow. Experience and film study can help that.
He stares down his #1 and blows the timing on the next 4 reads. Experience and film...
He can't throw a touch pass. This one worries me. He's got pick 6 written all over his outlet passes, and he can't complete a screen. This one's going to take some serious work to get over.
Ball security. This can be trained (remember Tiki Barber) and he can get over it, and needs to. He may very well have cost us the #1 seed based on a lost fumble.

I think the guy's smart, and smart enough to be an NFL starter. They're not having to dumb anything down for him.

And, as mentioned, he's a run threat. Hill will open up the field in many ways. He can chuck it deep, he has a laser arm between 10 and 25 yards, and he can run faster than most defenders. All this should open up the run and create great play action responses.

He just needs timing work.

15 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

My thoughts on Hill:

He needs some time practicing as the #1 QB, not as a QB AND a special teamer, AND a receiver, AND a TE, AND a running back.
I truly think with an offseason of prep time, and then spending his days in the QB room rather than all the above listed rooms, he may actually be a serviceable QB.

His reads are slow. Experience and film study can help that.
He stares down his #1 and blows the timing on the next 4 reads. Experience and film...
He can't throw a touch pass. This one worries me. He's got pick 6 written all over his outlet passes, and he can't complete a screen. This one's going to take some serious work to get over.
Ball security. This can be trained (remember Tiki Barber) and he can get over it, and needs to. He may very well have cost us the #1 seed based on a lost fumble.

I think the guy's smart, and smart enough to be an NFL starter. They're not having to dumb anything down for him.

And, as mentioned, he's a run threat. Hill will open up the field in many ways. He can chuck it deep, he has a laser arm between 10 and 25 yards, and he can run faster than most defenders. All this should open up the run and create great play action responses.

He just needs timing work.

I think he'll get his shot in 2021... However I don't expect Winston back in a Saints uniform and I do expect the Saints to come away from this draft with a young quarterback as an insurance policy behind Hill.

• Like 1

I think Hill will be the starter going into the season. A big thing for Payton is 'being in the system'. Big reason why Teddy B got the reigns and Hill this season is that they had multiple years of 'being in the system'. They knew the process, they knew how to prepare etc. Love or hate him, Payton loves Hill and I think they'll give him an entire offseason to tailor an offense to suit him.

I do think however we'll sign a veteran QB to sit behind him. Someone to help him in film and help him with any QB duties he's unsure of. This is a win-win for both sides. If Hill succeeds, then nice you got yourself a starter. If he struggles and we lose games, we get a high enough draft pick to grab our future franchise QB. Also nice.

I think Winston will get an offer to start, but if his free agency interest is cold, I wouldn't be surprised if he circled back around. If Teddy B showed anything, this offense can get you paid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think Hill will be the starter going into the season. A big thing for Payton is 'being in the system'. Big reason why Teddy B got the reigns and Hill this season is that they had multiple years of 'being in the system'. They knew the process, they knew how to prepare etc. Love or hate him, Payton loves Hill and I think they'll give him an entire offseason to tailor an offense to suit him.

I do think however we'll sign a veteran QB to sit behind him. Someone to help him in film and help him with any QB duties he's unsure of. This is a win-win for both sides. If Hill succeeds, then nice you got yourself a starter. If he struggles and we lose games, we get a high enough draft pick to grab our future franchise QB. Also nice.

I think Winston will get an offer to start, but if his free agency interest is cold, I wouldn't be surprised if he circled back around. If Teddy B showed anything, this offense can get you paid.

One thing I disagree with is signing a veteran to help Hill with game study and etc. This guy sat for 3 years behind Drew Brees, if he needs a veteran journeyman to teach him that then he dont need to be here. I see it completely different. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Saints draft a QB fairly high to send the message that its now or never to Hill while also protecting themselves moving forward and if the pressure gets to him then oh well hes not built for the position to begin with.

I do think Hill gets his shot next year.  However, I can also envision a scenario if Jameis sticks around, where he does beat out Hill for the starting job.  Jameis big knock was his decision making, and a year under Brees/Payton should have improved that.  A Jameis that comes out making good decisions and keeps his nose clean off the field is a Jameis you probably want at QB

20 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I do think Hill gets his shot next year.  However, I can also envision a scenario if Jameis sticks around, where he does beat out Hill for the starting job.  Jameis big knock was his decision making, and a year under Brees/Payton should have improved that.  A Jameis that comes out making good decisions and keeps his nose clean off the field is a Jameis you probably want at QB

I'd love for Jamies to get a legit shot next year but I don't think he will and I think his camp is aware of that. Payton's recent comments is more about damage control with Jamies cause rumors are that Winston and his camp were not on the same page with Payton and his so called commitment to Hill in the offseason. A true open competition between the two would no doubt be won by Jamies.

Personally I think he's gone in FA, i hope im wrong.

6 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I'd love for Jamies to get a legit shot next year but I don't think he will and I think his camp is aware of that. Payton's recent comments is more about damage control with Jamies cause rumors are that Winston and his camp were not on the same page with Payton and his so called commitment to Hill in the offseason. A true open competition between the two would no doubt be won by Jamies.

Personally I think he's gone in FA, i hope im wrong.

I agree he's likely gone, but on the off chance he isn't, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to seem him win the job.

Hill doesn't appear to have some of the most important traits to be a successful QB. His pocket presence is atrocious, he can't get through reads quickly, he turns the ball over way too much, and doesn't have any touch on his throws. Sure he could slightly improve on some of these things, but the odds of him getting where he needs to be are slim. 

NFL teams don't even have much film on Hill yet to properly defend Hill's  strengths and weaknesses as a QB, usually that takes about a season for defenses to get a good read on a first year starting QB (this is why so many QB's can flash early on then struggle)...yet despite that, he is already showing signs of struggling. I hate Win/Loss as a measuring stick for QB's. Hill is a great example. Without context it doesn't mean much. He played a terrible Falcons team twice, and a Broncos team that literally didn't have a QB (managed about 70 passing yards against them). He's put up some decent numbers passing, but man it really hasn't been pretty. His deep ball has been terrible and he better be buying his WR's dinner after some of these passes they have come down with or stolen out of a defenders hands.

Not sure what Hills cap hit would be next year if released, but part of me thinks they release him regardless and go with Winston. At least with Winston we know he has all of the traits to be a franchise QB, good arm, accurate, good feel in the pocket to avoid pressure/extend plays with his feet, and can get through his reads. It's his decision making trying to force plays that kills him. I'd wager that is more easily salvaged in this offense with Sean Payton than trying to fix all of Hill's flaws. Winston will still be a very cheap option next season, and given our cap situation may be the way to go as he has more upside as a QB. Hill is essentially Tim Tebow 2.0, can do some stuff athletically, and may even have brief success, but doesn't have the skills as a passer to ever be effective long term.

I think that is part of the reason Sean Payton went with Hill instead of Winston. He knows over a few week stretch there is no film on Hill, and because of that, defenses would have no idea how to defend us for the month or so that Brees is out. I think this was essentially a fun project for Payton to stroke his ego to show he can completely change the offense and get results. He's smart enough to know it's a short term endeavor.

Given the easy opponents on the schedule, it gave us very favorable odds of winning those games. Could be a real 4-D chess move to not allow Winston to increase his value by playing him while Brees was hurt to allow us to retain Winston next year for pennies instead of giving him a Teddy Bridgewater type showcase where we could light it up and would have to pay him substantially more in a tough salary cap season. 

Edited by tyler735

22 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Hill doesn't appear to have some of the most important traits to be a successful QB. His pocket presence is atrocious, he can't get through reads quickly, he turns the ball over way too much, and doesn't have any touch on his throws. Sure he could slightly improve on some of these things, but the odds of him getting where he needs to be are slim. 

NFL teams don't even have much film on Hill yet to properly defend Hill's  strengths and weaknesses as a QB, usually that takes about a season for defenses to get a good read on a first year starting QB (this is why so many QB's can flash early on then struggle)...yet despite that, he is already showing signs of struggling. I hate Win/Loss as a measuring stick for QB's. Hill is a great example. Without context it doesn't mean much. He played a terrible Falcons team twice, and a Broncos team that literally didn't have a QB (managed about 70 passing yards against them). He's put up some decent numbers passing, but man it really hasn't been pretty. His deep ball has been terrible and he better be buying his WR's dinner after some of these passes they have come down with or stolen out of a defenders hands.

Not sure what Hills cap hit would be next year if released, but part of me thinks they release him regardless and go with Winston. At least with Winston we know he has all of the traits to be a franchise QB, good arm, accurate, good feel in the pocket to avoid pressure/extend plays with his feet, and can get through his reads. It's his decision making trying to force plays that kills him. I'd wager that is more easily salvaged in this offense with Sean Payton than trying to fix all of Hill's flaws. Winston will still be a very cheap option next season, and given our cap situation may be the way to go as he has more upside as a QB. Hill is essentially Tim Tebow 2.0, can do some stuff athletically, and may even have brief success, but doesn't have the skills as a passer to ever be effective long term.

I think that is part of the reason Sean Payton went with Hill instead of Winston. He knows over a few week stretch there is no film on Hill, and because of that, defenses would have no idea how to defend us for the month or so that Brees is out. I think this was essentially a fun project for Payton to stroke his ego to show he can completely change the offense and get results. He's smart enough to know it's a short term endeavor.

Given the easy opponents on the schedule, it gave us very favorable odds of winning those games. Could be a real 4-D chess move to not allow Winston to increase his value by playing him while Brees was hurt to allow us to retain Winston next year for pennies instead of giving him a Teddy Bridgewater type showcase where we could light it up and would have to pay him substantially more in a tough salary cap season. 

Man... I truly want to believe that. I want to believe that Payton was treading water with Hill while keeping Winstons price down heading into the offseason. If Winston resigns (I hope he does) and Payton TRULY opens up the competition between the two I have little doubt that Winston wins that battle anbnd if they get him back on a cheap 1 year deal they can swing Hills 16 miillion cap hit as a do it all player and backup QB. I do believe after a year in the system, a full offseason... Winston cann step in and lead this offense annd team to 10+ wins in 21. He just needs hius opportunity.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 7:17 PM, tyler735 said:

NFL teams don't even have much film on Hill yet to properly defend Hill's  strengths and weaknesses as a QB, usually that takes about a season for defenses to get a good read on a first year starting QB (this is why so many QB's can flash early on then struggle)...yet despite that, he is already showing signs of struggling.

What evidence do we have that Jameis Winston is actually better than Hill at any of those traits though?   Winston has more turnovers than any other QB since entering the league in 2015.  And instead of progressing, he's gotten worst, with 30 last season.  7 of which were returned for TD's.  On a team LOADED with offensive firepower such as Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, and two really good pass catching tight ends.

Let's say I accept your premise on Hill's shortcomings for the purpose of discussion, okay.   How can someone who's got such a horrible track record of making decisions, reading defenses, and ball placement be reasonably argued to have advantages over Taysom Hill in those areas?

If pocket presence, reads, and turnovers are disqualifiers for Taysom Hill being starting QB, okay that's a fair argument.  But how does one parlay those things into Winston getting the nod when he has a much longer track record of being altogether worse than Hill at those same qualities is I guess where I'm getting confused. 

I know I didn't handle myself well in the other thread and I'm sorry about that.  But I don't get the criticism of Taysom Hill by those who seek to see Winston get the job, because whatever criticism you apply to Hill also applies to Jameis when it comes to QB mechanics.    So what's the upside exactly?

1 hour ago, Saint_James said:

What evidence do we have that Jameis Winston is actually better than Hill at any of those traits though?   Winston has more turnovers than any other QB since entering the league in 2015.  And instead of progressing, he's gotten worst, with 30 last season.  7 of which were returned for TD's.  On a team LOADED with offensive firepower such as Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, and two really good pass catching tight ends.

Let's say I accept your premise on Hill's shortcomings for the purpose of discussion, okay.   How can someone who's got such a horrible track record of making decisions, reading defenses, and ball placement be reasonably argued to have advantages over Taysom Hill in those areas?

I'm not saying Winston is a perfect option by any means, but he was a number 1 overall pick for a reason, he has tons of natural talent, and does possess traits that can make him a successful QB. He did throw for over 5,000 yards last year, which is obviously not as impressive once turnovers are factored in, but still not an easy feat to hit 5,000 yards in a season. Back to those turnovers last season wasn't all on him with turnovers. His system played a solid role in that. Bruce Arians system has an extensive track record for being unforgiving for 1st year QB's in it. Here's a good explanation of it in this article:

"In 2019, Winston threw more passes of 20 or more yards downfield than any quarterback in eight years.

Eight years.

His 99 attempts more than tripled the number thrown by Drew Brees and Jimmy Garoppolo. The last QB to throw more was rookie Andrew Luck in 2012 who was coached by… yes, Bruce Arians.

Arians is the NFL’s most aggressive head coach with quarterbacks. When Nate Burleson asked Arians what he wanted out of Winston, Arians said: “If he doesn’t make the throw, if he hesitates, if he checks it down, even if there are two guys on one of our star receivers, I am going to yell at my quarterback”.

That’s Arians. And Winston followed instructions. And why not?

Look at Carson Palmer, who posted his best season under Arians but not before throwing a career high 22 INTs in their first season together. Let’s look:

Carson Palmer under Arians

2013: 24TDs, 22 INTs, 83.9 pass rating

2015: 35 TDs, 11 INTs, 104.6 pass rating

At age 36, Palmer had an MVP-worthy season. If a 10-year veteran like Palmer can throw his career high INTs adjusting to Arians system, why would anyone expect the 26-year-old Winston not to do the same? With Arians, your INTs go up before they go down. Why can’t we just “trust the process”?

All of which brings us back to Peyton’s 28 interceptions as a rookie with Arians as his QB coach."

https://deadspin.com/you-know-who-jameis-winston-looks-like-after-five-seaso-1842526841

Now on the other hand, he is in an offense with Sean Payton, who I think will help him adapt much better and put him in positions where he doesn't have to force the ball downfield, and has probably the best short/intermediate WR in the NFL in Michael Thomas, and possibly the best RB in the NFL to check down to in Alvin Kamara. Having a guy like Kamara is the ultimate safety blanket for a QB not having to force plays. So yes, I think we can see a much different Winston in this offense. 

If pocket presence, reads, and turnovers are disqualifiers for Taysom Hill being starting QB, okay that's a fair argument.  But how does one parlay those things into Winston getting the nod when he has a much longer track record of being altogether worse than Hill at those same qualities is I guess where I'm getting confused. 

Taysom Hill has a Sack % of 10.4 % this year as our QB. That is very concerning. Winston had 7.0 % last year and in all of his previous years when he wasn't asked to play in Arians deep ball system, he was between 4% and 6.5%. In other words Winston undoubtedly has much better pocket presence, and has shown he can be effective improvising/extending plays with his feet to make plays passing. At times, this has gotten him into trouble when forcing plays, but he does pretty well up until the decision making point to Pass/Run/Throw it away as he forces to many throws. This is why I think he can improve in that regard. For many QB's you either have the internal clock in the pocket or you don't (RG3 is the perfect example of this, despite all of his natural talent, he doesn't have this trait). I think for Winston forcing a ball instead of throwing a ball away is a correctable issue. If you can, rewatch Taysom Hill's games, and watch how long it takes him on several plays to get the ball out of his hands. It's like he locks onto his first read and waits for them to get open on so many plays. I just don't view his playstyle as sustainable. I think defenses will adapt fairly quickly, and it won't be pretty. With Winston, he could also bust, but at least he has shown some signs of being a functional NFL QB.

I know I didn't handle myself well in the other thread and I'm sorry about that.  But I don't get the criticism of Taysom Hill by those who seek to see Winston get the job, because whatever criticism you apply to Hill also applies to Jameis when it comes to QB mechanics.    So what's the upside exactly?

It's all good man. At this point, I think my 1st choice would be to draft a QB. I'm all for trading several high draft picks to draft Zach Wilson if he makes to around pick #10 (doubt we can get him, if he doesn't fall that far). Really high on him, think he's going to be a great NFL QB. If we can't do that, I'd like to see a QB battle between Winston and Hill. I'd be surprised if Winston doesn't come out on top in that scenario, but crazier things have happened.

Here's a couple Winston game highlights that really show some of the points I was referring to in this in regards to pocket presence and extending plays. Watch both of these videos, in the first one you will see Jameis feel the pressure remain calm and make several quality throws. Side note look at the accuracy of the screens he is throwing hitting guys in stride to allow for them to make plays after the catch. With guys like Kamara and Thomas it is essential to run these types of plays effectively

This is the perfect example of how great Winston can be improvising up until he makes the decision to throw. Obviously this is a touchdown, but more often than not you'd like to see him either tuck and run or throw it away. I think Payton can work with this. 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It's all good man. At this point, I think my 1st choice would be to draft a QB. I'm all for trading several high draft picks to draft Zach Wilson if he makes to around pick #10 (doubt we can get him, if he doesn't fall that far). Really high on him, think he's going to be a great NFL QB. If we can't do that, I'd like to see a QB battle between Winston and Hill. I'd be surprised if Winston doesn't come out on top in that scenario, but crazier things have happened.

Oh man, we would have to make some serious moves to get Zach Wilson but I wouldn't complain about that one bit that's for sure.

The rest of your post was really good ( I need to learn how to multi-quote one of these days).  I agree that Arians has a pretty risky philosophy but man, when his offense works it really WORKS. 

We can make excuses for Hill too, namely that he's being judged for only 4 games and not 5 entire seasons as a body of work.  I'm not saying Wilson is a horrible QB but there's just something off about him IMO.   I don't deny his arm-talent and you are correct that 5k yards is a legit milestone.  Even though he himself was the reason they were throwing so much in a lot of those game, but I digress.

Taysom has incredible work ethic and a great attitude, they can take you far.  Things that Winston are lacking by all accounts.  I don't think Payton puts up with a lot of crap from players and I hear rumors that he's making some trouble.   I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on the team next year.

I would really just like to see what Taysom Hill can do for us with a full off-season of prep as QB#1.  I think your criticisms can largely be improved with coaching and time played as the position. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Oh man, we would have to make some serious moves to get Zach Wilson but I wouldn't complain about that one bit that's for sure.

The rest of your post was really good ( I need to learn how to multi-quote one of these days).  I agree that Arians has a pretty risky philosophy but man, when his offense works it really WORKS. 

We can make excuses for Hill too, namely that he's being judged for only 4 games and not 5 entire seasons as a body of work.  I'm not saying Wilson is a horrible QB but there's just something off about him IMO.   I don't deny his arm-talent and you are correct that 5k yards is a legit milestone.  Even though he himself was the reason they were throwing so much in a lot of those game, but I digress.

Taysom has incredible work ethic and a great attitude, they can take you far.  Things that Winston are lacking by all accounts.  I don't think Payton puts up with a lot of crap from players and I hear rumors that he's making some trouble.   I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on the team next year.

I would really just like to see what Taysom Hill can do for us with a full off-season of prep as QB#1.  I think your criticisms can largely be improved with coaching and time played as the position. 

It will undoubtedly be an interesting offseason for us as our franchise starts a new chapter. I'd love to eat crow on my comments on Hill.