Week 16 Games

Leader

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

How did we only score 22 points on this Vikings D at home again? 

Wasn’t it like 30 mph winds?

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Almost like the Vikings should have saved 30 million per and kept that defense legitimate.

Ya. I think a few argued they shouldn’t have signed Cousins and kept the defense great. That D really dosent have much talent anymore, especially with Hunter out.

44 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

After watching Brees against MN, I feel better playing NO. He is a shot fighter. His ball flutters in a dome. I can’t see him operating well in January in Wisconsin. Granted I could see NO running for 200 and Pettine still playing 7 yards off.

It’s no guarantee any potential game vs NOLA would be at Lambeau at this point.

38 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya. I think a few argued they shouldn’t have signed Cousins and kept the defense great. That D really dosent have much talent anymore, especially with Hunter out.

Kendricks out today left them exposed. That guy is good at everything and along with Smith at safety, can erase a lot of mistakes. 

The Zimmer red faced sound bite when he was asked if the defense was bad was “The worst I’ve ever had.”  Ouch. 

He’s to hoping the Viks win at least one more to drop a few in the draft. 

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

Kendricks out today left them exposed. That guy is good at everything and along with Smith at safety, can erase a lot of mistakes. 

The Zimmer red faced sound bite when he was asked if the defense was bad was “The worst I’ve ever had.”  Ouch. 

Here's to MN keeping Zimmer...

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wasn’t it like 30 mph winds?

It’s no guarantee any potential game vs NOLA would be at Lambeau at this point.

That Minnesota defense yesterday couldn't stop a nose bleed...

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

Here's to MN keeping Zimmer...

He puts together great defenses, he’s probably not wrong that this year is one of his worst.

In general, he doesn’t do well with a bunch of young players, his defenses require some veteran guys with time in the system. I remember when they picked up Tre Waynes with the 11th overall pick and basically said he would not see the field much that year while he picked up the system. They were stacked in the secondary but that is crazy, a bit like the situation with Gary’s first year in GB.

I don’t know if they’re willing to shake it up and let Zimmer go, they probably bring him back and have a strong defense next year if they find the right players to run it. 

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

Lol zimmer has had some good defenses but I don’t think I’d like him much as a coach. He’s kind of a fake tough d bag.

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol zimmer has had some good defenses but I don’t think I’d like him much as a coach. He’s kind of a fake tough d bag.

I agree, he seems like an Ahole but sometimes that’s the guy you need to get the job done.

Behind closed doors, I doubt there’s a coach in the league that doesn’t have a bit of that but he is that guy 24/7. I have a place in my heart for those salty old dogs but the younger generations might not respond to that approach the same way.

I still believe, especially on defense, you need an angry, brooding mind who can transfer that mentality to the players. I don’t need a lot of bark but defense needs to bite. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I agree, he seems like an Ahole but sometimes that’s the guy you need to get the job done.

Behind closed doors, I doubt there’s a coach in the league that doesn’t have a bit of that but he is that guy 24/7. I have a place in my heart for those salty old dogs but the younger generations might not respond to that approach the same way.

I still believe, especially on defense, you need an angry, brooding mind who can transfer that mentality to the players. I don’t need a lot of bark but defense needs to bite. 

The NFL is becoming more like a diva league and I wonder sometimes whether the younger players do tune out the salty dogs like Zimmer.

2 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

and there goes Stafford.  Again.  Ankle injury.  It would actually be more of a challenge to find a part of his body that WASNT injured at this point.  Chase Daniel in.

Some of the sportscaster before the game were predicting this to close and high scoring....Game could be over in the first quarter...

15 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Yea, maybe you could have waited until AFTER the game against the league leading rusher (by 200 yards mind you) before making that statement... 

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the Packers defense won't allow Henry to have 6 rushing TD's tomorrow