Moretti's Christmas Break Mock

moretti19

I know I shared with you all that I recently got out of the military. I am a teacher now and just recently welcomed twins to our family. It has been awesome being able to watch football every Sunday now and just now starting my first Christmas Break. What is a better way to start than a mock!

119488803_10219986425223867_382028683137

Welcome back all! We are looking good and am going to predict that we run the table and win the Super Bowl! I think the Chiefs will get knocked off by someone ( my bet is the Titans) and we end up beating the Colts in the Super Bowl.

beautiful-sexy-blonde-female-model-260nw

500_F_246007088_DMB3z1QR713iz6Ssz65UPmO0

Resign:

LT David Bakhtari

Jamaal Williams:

USATSI_13965930.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Lane Taylor:

Cheap and solid lineman plus I love his Instagram page with his BBQing. 

hz2gemsxsurat7rfo84d

Not Resigned:

Corey Linsley: The O-Line hasnt seemed to miss a beat with him out. 

Kevin King: I strongly do not like him and or his tackling technique.

Tyler Ervin: I appreciate Swervin but he is someone that should be replaceable in the draft.

Aaron Jones: Get your money Aaron, hate to see you go but will always be a fan.

Will Redmond:

Montravious Adams: I thought he was going to be a stud.

Mercedes Lewis: Unless we can turn you into a backup LT.

Cut:

Christian Kirksley: He has looked decent but with our promising young linebackers we are willing to eat the cost of cutting Kirksley.

Dean Lowry: He's capable of making a sack when unblocked. I think Keke has played well and earned the spot.

Traded:

We trade Tim Boyle to the Oakland Raiders for a 5th round pick.

I think Carr will be gone and this makes sense for both teams.

bwhegkxw1obvlvnhq4xr

Free Agents:

Will Fuller:

Contract Analysis: Houston seemingly put itself in a precarious position by not trading Fuller to the Packers at the deadline. Fuller was having a career year and seemed destined to command top dollar in a crowded wide receiver free agent class, but a six-game suspension for PEDs cut his 2020 season short. In situations like this, the range for the next contract is very wide.

GettyImages-1174185389.jpg

Vernon Hargreaves 

I think we can get him for a inexpensive deal. He could learn a lot from Jaire and is still oozing with potential.

signed a 1 year, $1,325,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $250,000 signing bonus, $250,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,325,000.

1197937627.jpeg

NFL Draft: we receive a 4th for Martinex, 5th for Bulaga, 5th for Fackrell, and 5th for Boyle

Round 1:

Michigan_logo.gif Jalen Mayfield*, OT, Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 319.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
Projected Round (2021): 1-3.
View Ranking History

12/12/20: Mayfield has played well in limited action 2020 while also missing time with injuries.

8/29/20: Perhaps the only offensive linemen who was truly impressive versus Chase Young in 2019 was Michigan's Jalen Mayfield. In plenty of one-on-one matchups, Mayfield got the better of Young, and there were other plays where Young had Mayfield on the ropes but the young Wolverine was able to recover in time to keep Young from making his typical game changing plays. It was a breakout performance for the Wolverines right tackle to conclude the regular season.

8834587b-c909-4d8e-ac62-e5beca1bd5fa-JM.

Round 2:

Iowa_logo.gif Daviyon Nixon*, DT, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Nixon was very good for Iowa in 2020, getting after the quarterback and showing improvement as a run defender. Nixon has quickness at the point of attack and an ability to close on the quarterback. Some team sources say they have given Nixon a grade of late second-, early third-round grades for the 2021 NFL Draft. They feel that Nixon has big upside to develop into a good pro. If he does enter the 2021 NFL Draft, he could rise with good workouts as this is not a strong draft for defensive tackle talent.

nixon3.jpg

Round 3:

Kentucky_logo.gif Kelvin Joseph*, CB, Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 197.
Projected 40 Time: 4.5.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

12/12/20: Joseph has played solid football for Kentucky so far this season. He had problems against Florida tight end Kyle Pitts, but he certainly isn't alone in being one of Pitts' victims this season.

fb_joseph_101720_2.jpg

Round 4:

WestVirginia_logo.gif Tony Fields II, ILB, West Virginia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.6.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Fields (6-1, 220) was a productive tackler over the past four seasons at Arizona and West Virginia, with his steady play earning him a spot at the Senior Bowl next month. The 6-foot-1, 220-pounder has some speed and athleticism to chase down ball-carriers and is a solid tackler. Fields totaled 88 tackles, an interception, a sack and two passes defended in 2020. He had 94 tackles as a junior, 89 tackles in 2018, and 104 tackles as a freshman. Showing coverage skills in Mobile could help Fields to rise.

6948-tony-fields-_West-Virginia_Eastern-

Round 4 (Martinez)

MississippiState_logo.gif Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
View Ranking History

5aa870d0-f95e-4536-9e8c-d1c59b4daef7-B54
12/5/20: Hill was phenomenal in the 2020 season opener, showing serious receiving ability to help lead an upset over LSU. On top of making some huge catches, Hill did well as a blocker. Following a suspension over a locker room incident, Hill quit on playing the rest of the season and decided to enter the 2021 NFL Draft.

Round 5: Raiders

LSU_logo.gif Tyler Shelvin*, DT, LSU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 346.
Projected 40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Shelvin opted out of the 2020 season to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He did not re-join LSU.

9/5/20: Shelvin was a good run stuffer at the point of attack during LSU's dream season in 2019. The big nose tackle occupied blockers, often taking on double teams to help free up other defenders to make tackles. For the NFL, Shelvin would fit as a nose tackle in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense, but he'll come off the field for a pass rusher in the sub package.

5d6b1d84556b8.image.jpg?crop=683,683,170

Round 5:

Texas_logo.gif Tarik Black, WR, Texas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 206.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

12/5/20: Black has been decent for Texas this season.

8/29/20: Black decided to transfer to Texas from Michigan after last season. In 2019 for Michigan, he had 25 receptions for 323 yards and a touchdown. Black was held back the inconsistent passing of the Wolverines.

black_tarik_utep_a2055.JPG

5th Bulaga

SanDiegoState_logo.gif Dwayne Johnson Jr., S, San Diego State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.6.
View Ranking History

12/12/20: Johnson is having a quiet season.

9/5/20: Johnson was a dependable strong safety in 2019 and formed a good tandem with Tariq Thompson. It was only his first season as a starter, so Johnson could do better as a senior. He could stand to improve his pass coverage and make plays on the ball in his final season.

20191026_401_36_14_8x12_.jpg

Round 5 Fackrell:

Oklahoma_logo.gif Creed Humphrey*, C, Oklahoma
Height: 6-5. Weight: 312.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
View Ranking History

12/12/20: Humphrey has been solid for the Sooners this season. However, he has some limitations for the NFL.

8/29/20: Humphrey became a starter as a redshirt freshman in 2018 and had an impressive debut for Oklahoma. He anchored the middle of the Sooners' line and was a steady producer at the point of attack. That trend continued in 2019 as Humphrey was dependable for Oklahoma with reliable pass protection and productive run blocking.

Humphrey has good size to him. Team sources say he could be a mid-rounder who becomes a starting center in the NFL, but they don't see him as having an early-round skill set entering the 2020 season.

1190751045.jpg.0.jpg

Round 6:

Michigan_logo.gif Nick Eubanks, TE, Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 256.
Projected 40 Time: 4.77.
View Ranking History

12/5/20: This season, Eubanks has mainly contributed as a blocker and has limited receiving opportunities. 8/29/20: Eubanks has some upside to develop and put up decent receiving production despite Michigan struggling with consistency at quarterback. More production would help Eubanks get drafted.

FBL18_Wisconsin_mps33_.jpg

Round 7

Louisville_logo.gif Javian Hawkins**, RB, Louisville
Height: 5-9. Weight: 182.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

12/5/20: Hawkins has played well for Louisville in 2020, including an impressive game against Miami. He would be ranked higher if he weren't so vastly undersized.

8/29/20: Hawkins was an impressive runner for Louisville in 2019, showing a burst and an ability to handle a workload despite being undersized. For the next level, Hawkins needs to fill out his frame and show more receiving ability.

_C6R7367.JPG

• Like 2

Congrats on the twins!

At this point I'm in favor of keeping Jones at his lower price point as opposed to Fuller at his higher price point. 

I dont know too much about players in this years draft so I'll just go off position. I like everything outside round 1. If were keeping Wagner and bringing back Taylor, I just cant see us going OL in round 1 especially after the draft capital that was invested last year. Sure losing Linsely will hurt but I'm more that comfortable with Bahk, Patrick, Jenkins, Turner, Wagner going into next year. Continue to develop Runyan, Hanson, and Stepanik. Just my opinion though. 

12 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Congrats on the twins!

At this point I'm in favor of keeping Jones at his lower price point as opposed to Fuller at his higher price point. 

I dont know too much about players in this years draft so I'll just go off position. I like everything outside round 1. If were keeping Wagner and bringing back Taylor, I just cant see us going OL in round 1 especially after the draft capital that was invested last year. Sure losing Linsely will hurt but I'm more that comfortable with Bahk, Patrick, Jenkins, Turner, Wagner going into next year. Continue to develop Runyan, Hanson, and Stepanik. Just my opinion though. 

Thanks for the reply!

I am against paying good money for a running back but that’s just me.

I like the idea of having a strong swing tackle in case of injury that can also take a year and learn from the vets. Keep Rogers protected is essential so I’m fine dumping draft capital at the OL.

What a great early Christmas present(s) you got.  Congrats!

I think Fuller will be too rich for us and our cap.  I think we may cut more than you have listed as well.  I can't see anyone giving a 5 for Boyle, but I like it.  I don't know why the white whale wouldn't bring us a 4 in comp.  Agree on who you let walk in FA.

Draft wise my priorities going into this draft are different than how yours turned out, but in real life that is normally the case.

Really like this draft.  I doubt Nixon will be there as late as we pick in 2 but possible.  

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

What a great early Christmas present(s) you got.  Congrats!

I think Fuller will be too rich for us and our cap.  I think we may cut more than you have listed as well.  I can't see anyone giving a 5 for Boyle, but I like it.  I don't know why the white whale wouldn't bring us a 4 in comp.  Agree on who you let walk in FA.

Draft wise my priorities going into this draft are different than how yours turned out, but in real life that is normally the case.

Really like this draft.  I doubt Nixon will be there as late as we pick in 2 but possible.  

Thanks! I can see Fuller taking a 1 year deal to strike it rich the following year.

So we're going to pay 11ish million to upgrade WR on the best offense in the NFL.

And we're going to do this to downgrade at CB because you don't like Kevin Kings tackling, even though Hargreaves has the same missed tackle percentage and has been previously benched for a lack of tackling and effort? 

I like the rest of it, but that decision just doesn't track. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So we're going to pay 11ish million to upgrade WR on the best offense in the NFL.

And we're going to do this to downgrade at CB because you don't like Kevin Kings tackling, even though Hargreaves has the same missed tackle percentage and has been previously benched for a lack of tackling and effort? 

I like the rest of it, but that decision just doesn't track. 

I honestly don’t think King is that good. So instead of paying him we can give Vernon a shot as well as our 3rd round pick.

Adding fuller to the offense will be a nightmare for defenses. 

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

I honestly don’t think King is that good. So instead of paying him we can give Vernon a shot as well as our 3rd round pick.

Adding fuller to the offense will be a nightmare for defenses. 

King has a passer rating against of 84 the last two seasons. 

Vernon Hargreaves has a passer rating against of 109 the last two seasons. 

It's not even that King is amazing, though he is very good. The problem is Hargreaves ******* sucks. 

We're scoring 31 ******* points per game. We have either the best of second best passing attack in the NFL. Spending 11 million to upgrade that is just dumb. 

This is just ****ty roster building. 

Our idiotic casual fans hate certain players for being good players and not being super stars. MVS isn't Jordy Nelson. Kevin King isn't Charles Woodson. Get the **** over it. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not even that King is amazing, though he is very good. The problem is Hargreaves ******* sucks. 

We're scoring 31 ******* points per game. We have either the best of second best passing attack in the NFL. Spending 11 million to upgrade that is just dumb. 

Our idiotic casual fans hate certain players for being good players and not being super stars. MVS isn't Jordy Nelson. Kevin King isn't Charles Woodson. Get the **** over it. 

Lol bro calm down and go on tinder and take out some of that anger. With how you judge talent I’m sure youll Do well on there.... if not try Grindr

• Like 3

I haven't been too involved in college scouting yet, but big fan of the positions you picked up and the rounds they went in.

There's no way Fuller is going for less than 15 on the open market, with the cuts and lack of re-signings you have here, I think we can fit that. How's the best WR going to feel though coming into camp with 1 year on his deal with our #2 paid more then him??

Be much better off spending that on Sheldon Rankins/Dalvin Tomlinson and actually building a team rather than an even better offense with a defense you still can't trust.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

THANK YOU

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on dude. 

I thought you would have learnt your lesson after the last off-season. Be respectful towards other people's opinions. There is every chance they are right and you are wrong. If you use words like This is just ****ty roster building people are going to keep reminding you of how badly you can get stuff wrong.

I personally wouldn't sign Fuller either by the way.  Our receivers are probably fine for next season but I would still prioritise in the draft. It can take a couple of seasons for receivers to get up to speed so its a position you want to draft a year early.  I don't trust Adams health is going to last. 

But Adams could be injured next season,  MVS get found out and Lazard not be able to step up i which case signing Fuller may be the right move.