Defense Discussion [2017]

CentralFC

14 hours ago, spilltray said:

seriously just wow. The DL was manhandling the Seattle offensive line the entire game. The LBs and DBs were flying to the ball. Fackrell was even doing some nice things.

You can't stop FACK, you only hope to contain him!!O.o

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Guys...it's obvious this is the best defense we've fielded since 2010. No need to hedge bets. Just enjoy it.

Let's talk about this after the Atlanta game. I mean our **** 2016 defense dominated Seattle last year and no one expected them to score more than 14-17 points yesterday. We knew if we lost it was going to be due to Seattle's D. Great effort by our D no doubt, but they were made to stop that type of weak passing game offense.

Now if we go into ATL amd hold them to 20-25 points, I will say we have arrived on D. But if ATL's passing attack drops 31-35 points on us or more, we will know that we still have a long way to go. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Let's talk about this after the Atlanta game. I mean our **** 2016 defense dominated Seattle last year and no one expected them to score more than 14-17 points yesterday. We knew if we lost it was going to be due to Seattle's D. Great effort by our D no doubt, but they were made to stop that type of weak passing game offense.

Now if we go into ATL amd hold them to 20-25 points, I will say we have arrived on D. But if ATL's passing attack drops 31-35 points on us or more, we will know that we still have a long way to go. 

I don't need to wait until next week. It's obvious our defense is better.

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We will fail because we didn't get tj

That was an early season game where Rollins and Randall hadn't had groin surgery yet and were actually playing decently vs Seattle and a late season, Gunter is our #1 CB game vs Atlanta. BIG difference in attrition there.

I'm not going to set a point total on it. It could be a 45-35 game where the defense still played decently but if Atlanta's O is hot, getting that 1 big turnover and a stop or two in a key situation or even just holding a couple drives for FGs, could still be a solid defensive performance. It'll depend more how it happens than anything.

The offense found it's groove in the 2nd half and really ground at Seattle all game. The Seahawks have a MUCH better defense, so I'm hopeful the offense can catch fire. Seattle's O might be awful this year with that OL. I like our D, and I think it can be a top 10 type D by the end of the season, but they aren't quite as good as they looked vs Seattle I think. They have the pieces if everything clicks and it's a really exciting season to be a Packers fan.

3 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

The TJ is strong in this one.

I know someone else who's a half empty guy. He posted elsewhere a couple times during the game mad about stuff. Then after all he posted was how we screwed up with our draft lol.

Some people can't enjoy anything.

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't need to wait until next week. It's obvious our defense is better.

Yeah it's healthy again, and better.  No need to question it, it's as plain as day.  The addition of House, while having Rollins and Randall healthy is a boon to the D by itself.  The CB covering many teams' #1 WRs last year is now the Packers' #5 back up...

The ILBs have another year under their belts, both OLBs are studs, and the DLine is stacked.  The depth on the DLine still hasn't even showed it's full power yet either, as Dial isn't even acclimated yet.  Brooks barely played last game too.

Archived