Defense Discussion [2017]

CentralFC

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It isn't just that we have no interceptions.  We haven't even come close.  Closest thing was HHCD taking the awful angle on the trap that was set in Atlanta on Julio's crossing route.  Am I missing anything else that was close to an INT?

This is the most concerning thing so far for me. After 3 games to not even come close to an INT is pretty crazy. 

41 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I know he got called for PI, but King totally caught that ball inbounds that was tipped off of AJ Green.

Pretty impressive play

It was a really impressive play, but I thiiiinkkk his feet were airborne by the time he caught it. I looked at that one pretty close and that's what I remember seeing.

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It was a really impressive play, but I thiiiinkkk his feet were airborne by the time he caught it. I looked at that one pretty close and that's what I remember seeing.

Yeah watching it again, the camera pans away before you can really tell. But looks like his left foot was slightly off the ground

I was in a whiskey haze, so I'll just live the rest of my life thinking he caught that one

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Easier to put yourself in position for INTs when you know its a pass coming...

Its also easier if you can play the same spot a couple weeks in a row. In TC and the first 3 games, they've been shuffling CBs all over the place due to skill and injury. They need to settle in and hone their craft, that's when the INTs come a little easier.

10 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Yeah watching it again, the camera pans away before you can really tell. But looks like his left foot was slightly off the ground

I was in a whiskey haze, so I'll just live the rest of my life thinking he caught that one

Regardless of him being in or out, it was excellent awareness and effort for a rookie.  Just another success to "stack" as Mac would say.

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Its also easier if you can play the same spot a couple weeks in a row. In TC and the first 3 games, they've been shuffling CBs all over the place due to skill and injury. They need to settle in and hone their craft, that's when the INTs come a little easier.

Agreed, but I don't think anyone other than King is going to be settling in before the first half of the season is over. House and Randall need to get right. I think they will both settle in IF they stay healthy by the playoffs, which is the goal.

Archived