Defense Discussion [2017]

CentralFC

31 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't buy this at this point.  The last part yes, but I'm not buying into Randall right now.  King I have full faith in going forward, but as far as our corners, House was what everybody said he would be (meh).  Feel like we have to go after Butler, Fuller, Joyner, Robey-Coleman on the low end, or maybe even Trumaine Johnson, Vontae Davis or Amukamara on the high end if we want to fix this pass defense for next year.  Unless we change coordinators to a DC that runs simple coverage schemes, a rookie isn't coming in and thriving for us next year. 

King And house can be solid boundrys for us. It's really hard to play well on defense when you are down to your 7th string CB tho. 

Rollins always seemed to give his best effort. He just lacked the speed, quickness, and football awareness to play CB well in the NFL. Now Rollins has suffered an achilles injury, which nearly always robs an athlete of some of his explosion.

Randall on the other hand appears to possess the physical skills to play in the NFL, though maybe not as a boundary CB. However, the jury is very much still out as to whether he has the mental makeup to survive in the very competitive world of professional football.

I would not be surprised if both of the Packers 2015 1st and 2nd round picks are not on the team next season.  

The saddest part of all this is that Randall is the only corner on the team with an INT through 6 freaking games. And both of them were tipped balls. I'll repeat that...in 6 games we don't have a CB who has caught a non-tipped ball thrown by an opposing QB. We have to be approaching some kind of record there...

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The saddest part of all this is that Randall is the only corner on the team with an INT through 6 freaking games. And both of them were tipped balls. I'll repeat that...in 6 games we don't have a CB who has caught a non-tipped ball thrown by an opposing QB. We have to be approaching some kind of record there...

#CapersRecords

Also the will happen to week. 100%. I forgot the other thing that definitely gonna happen. Oh Cobb 100 yards.

With week 6 now in the books, in addition to being tied for 14th in the all important offensive points against category, the Packers defense ranks:

14th in Total Yards allowed;

11th against the Pass; and

24th against the Run.

The Packers are also tied for 26th in sacks with 11, 1st overall in fumble recoveries (7), and tied for 18th with 4 interceptions.

4 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

With week 6 now in the books, in addition to being tied for 14th in the all important offensive points against category, the Packers defense ranks:

14th in Total Yards allowed;

11th against the Pass; and

24th against the Run.

The Packers are also tied for 26th in sacks with 11, 1st overall in fumble recoveries (7), and tied for 18th with 4 interceptions.

I’d like to know how were doing on third downs. 

Archived