Defense Discussion [2017]

CentralFC

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There shouldn't have been a way around it in like 6 of the last 7 seasons and yet he stayed.  I just feel like there's literally nothing that could get Capers fired because I feel like McCarthy would just convince himself that the players didn't execute. 

If we go into 2018 with Capers as defensive coordinator, I'm going to wish the NFL wasn't an addiction because I hate it. 

It's been too much for too long. It has to be finally over. This is the first time I've personally been convinced he would go.

10 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Lol the second comment on there made me bust out laughing.

I randomly saw we're 31st in 3 and out percentage. I was surprised we weren't last.

Capers is finally done. There's no way around it.

I can't wait for him to be back. Gonna be hilarious around here. :)

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can't wait for him to be back. Gonna be hilarious around here. :)

You've lost just about all your backup. Including myself. I said when it became  apparent Dom had lost the team, I was done. Watching Randall and HHCD throw temper tantrums on the field when we had to burn a 2nd TO on defense because we couldn't line up right told me all I need to know. I don't think the players even want to play for him anymore. McCarthy would be a down right fool to keep him around.

That and his defense is the worst in the league at getting off the field. That's literally their only purpose with a QB like Rodgers. I don't care if it's 60 seconds and a TD, just get off the field. I trust Aaron to not make the mistake and win the shoot out every time. It's when the O has to sit on the bench for 10 mins that they lose it.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You've lost just about all your backup. Including myself. I said when it became  apparent Dom had lost the team, I was done. Watching Randall and HHCD throw temper tantrums on the field when we had to burn a 2nd TO on defense because we couldn't line up right told me all I need to know. I don't think the players even want to play for him anymore. McCarthy would be a down right fool to keep him around.

That and his defense is the worst in the league at getting off the field. That's literally their only purpose with a QB like Rodgers. I don't care if it's 60 seconds and a TD, just get off the field. I trust Aaron to not make the mistake and win the shoot out every time. It's when the O has to sit on the bench for 10 mins that they lose it.

I talked about this before but HHCDs body language just seems awful to me. They do not like what he's selling anymore. Eventually you have to give in that.

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I talked about this before but HHCDs body language just seems awful to me. They do not like what he's selling anymore. Eventually you have to give in that.

Option A:  replace the players and keep the coach

Option B:  Keep the players, replace the coach

1 is a lot easier to do than the other, 1 is much less expensive than the other.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Oh I'm not saying I don't want him replaced. I just don't think he will be. Depends on who is available and if MM likes anyone else I suppose though.

Watch game 1 against Atlanta. Watch Sunday's game against winless Cleveland. Watch pretty much any game from the last 5 years. Different personnel, healthy, injured, day, night, hot, cold, turf, grass, it all looks the same. How he has lasted this long is beyond me.

TT is the in house guy. When MM brought in Capers it was a clean slate move. Don't know how big MM's ego is, but at some point keeping his wagon hitched to Capers may reflect negatively on him

38 minutes ago, cannondale said:

it all looks the same. How he has lasted this long is beyond me.

It is beyond you and me and most fans because we don't know and see the same things the Packers coaches and front office do. That's how you bridge the gap between what you believe to be true and what the guys at 1265 believe to be true. In years past, they didn't feel changing the DC was the answer, perhaps because there wasn't a better option available or some other reason. This year they may come to a completely different conclusion.

But at the end of the day, we just don't have the info, training and experience to make the call like they do.

Would you really want you in charge ? B|

We'll see what happens pretty soon...everybody agrees that the status quo ain't cutting it

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

It is beyond you and me and most fans because we don't know and see the same things the Packers coaches and front office do. That's how you bridge the gap between what you believe to be true and what the guys at 1265 believe to be true. In years past, they didn't feel changing the DC was the answer, perhaps because there wasn't a better option available or some other reason. This year they may come to a completely different conclusion.

But at the end of the day, we just don't have the info, training and experience to make the call like they do.

Would you really want you in charge ? B|

We'll see what happens pretty soon...everybody agrees that the status quo ain't cutting it

I feel ya. With me in charge our defense might look pitiful, confused, predictable, incompetent, lifeless and near dead last with no signs of improvement.

Oh wait - it already does ! B|

14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I feel ya. With me in charge our defense might look pitiful, confused, predictable, incompetent, lifeless and near dead last with no signs of improvement.

Oh wait - it already does ! B|

I'm pretty sure he means being in charge of everything where everything is second guessed with hindsight. You'd probably hate yourself if you were and used those same advantages

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm pretty sure he means being in charge of everything where everything is second guessed with hindsight. You'd probably hate yourself if you were and used those same advantages

No hindsight involved. I would have fired Capers after the 15-1 season when our defense set records for futility but our offense masked it all. Capers track record had already been established long before he got here. Quick turnaround with a downward spiral after that. The problem here isn't hindsight, its MM and fans sticking their head in the sand hoping the problems go away. Looking back on some wasted years, now that would be a sad hindsight.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:04 PM, TheOnlyThing said:

Actually, the Packers D is currently tied for 20th with KC at 22.2 points against per game.

However, if NE puts up its usual total tonight, Dom's crew should move into a tie for 19th.

Thanks for clarify that:)

Archived