Pro Bow Roster announced Cowboys have....

14 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

No surprise. Only ZM was on track, and his injury ended that bid. 

To be fair, there is no real track to the pro bowl. It’s all bs. Evan Engram got in with 500 yards and 1 TD on the year. Chase Young made it over Dlaw despite have less pressures, less sacks, and a worse run support grade, on more pass rush attempts/snaps. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Im honestly surprised we don’t have anyone seeing how bad our team is and how dumb the pro bowl voting seems to be.

Edited by DaBoys
1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

To be fair, there is no real track to the pro bowl. It’s all bs. Evan Engram got in with 500 yards and 1 TD on the year. Chase Young made it over Dlaw despite have less pressures, less sacks, and a worse run support grade, on more pass rush attempts/snaps. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Im honestly surprised we don’t have anyone seeing how bad our team is and how dumb the pro bowl voting seems to be.

Haha, I didn’t even look at the rosters.

But Evan Engram was #2 in the NFC in receiving yards for tight ends. Not like there was a major snub there. What a trash year for TEs not named Kelce and Waller.

17 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Good. It's been a long time since this happened. 

First time since 1989. Honestly kind of harrowing when you put it that way.

I honestly wonder if this gets hold of the Joneses' attention more than any particular loss this year. Given the way that Pro Bowl voting works, doesn't this, to some degree, imply a lack of fan interest?

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I honestly wonder if this gets hold of the Joneses' attention more than any particular loss this year. Given the way that Pro Bowl voting works, doesn't this, to some degree, imply a lack of fan interest?

I’m gonna guess Jerry probably misses that little nugget since Dallas is going to lead the league in attendance this year. 

10 hours ago, matt79511 said:

A comparison to 1989 probably isn’t going to deter Jerry, given where the Cowboys went after 1989.

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

A comparison to 1989 probably isn’t going to deter Jerry, given where the Cowboys went after 1989.

While that maybe true, I don’t see Jerry pulling off a Hershel Walker type trade to propel us forward into the promise land for the next 5 years!! 

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m gonna guess Jerry probably misses that little nugget since Dallas is going to lead the league in attendance this year. 

I mean I just figured this must be correlated with other forms of ratings/revenue decline, but obviously all of that is empirically down this year.

We also had zero SNF home games this year which should be sobering to the FO. But it’s probably wishful thinking to assume anything noteworthy will change.

56 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I mean I just figured this must be correlated with other forms of ratings/revenue decline, but obviously all of that is empirically down this year.

We also had zero SNF home games this year which should be sobering to the FO. But it’s probably wishful thinking to assume anything noteworthy will change.

A winning Cowboys team is much more valuable to Jerry in almost every way. The “Jerry doesn’t care if this team isn’t good as long as it makes money” argument does not properly understand his motivations. If that were true, he would step down tomorrow. 

He cares about money, sure. He cares that the Cowboys win, sure. He cares about the flash, sure.

But what he cares most about is that the Cowboys win because of him. And that is why, no matter the ratings, revenue, or media mockery, Jerry will never step down.

Our best hope is that Jerry is still willing to reinvent himself. Which he has been, occasionally. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
57 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

A winning Cowboys team is much more valuable to Jerry in almost every way. The “Jerry doesn’t care if this team isn’t good as long as it makes money” argument does not properly understand his motivations. If that were true, he would step down tomorrow. 

He cares about money, sure. He cares that the Cowboys win, sure. He cares about the flash, sure.

But what he cares most about is that the Cowboys win because of him. And that is why, no matter the ratings, revenue, or media mockery, Jerry will never step down.

Our best hope is that Jerry is still willing to reinvent himself. Which he has been, occasionally. 

I don't disagree with any of this. Hence the hope that this actually knocks some sense into Jones, because it's clear he's willing to listen to others and has scaled back his role in roster construction over the years. But he still has his blind spots.

Surely, Jerry's worst fear is nationwide apathy, which is what this news implies to me. One could certainly make the case that Lawrence or Cooper, for instance, are Top 4 players at their position in the NFC. But, who's going to? John Owning? The FO has paid so much money to so many draft picks over the last two years and I suspect they feel their ROI has been poor, beyond the actual W/L record. Part of Jerry wanting the Cowboys to win because of him means wanting to make his draft picks rich and famous. You could see the uninhibited glee emanating from his face as he was allowed to draft Zeke Elliott two years after being denied Johnny Manziel. The guy wants to make his players stars, so I just think having zero Pro Bowlers for the first time in three decades has to be some kind of wake-up call. Perhaps not for the better.

Edited by matt79511