Weak 16: Eagles vs Cowboys- Nobody wants to win

EaglesPeteC

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Seems like Mailata gets better every week. Offensive line can be very very good next year.

I am actually excited to see the competition between Dillard and Mailata. Realistically, I could see them holding on to both regardless of who wins as a swing tackle like Big V was and eventually put them in as Lane's eventual replacement. Additionally, who knows if Lane will be back and fully ready for the season opener next year or if he'll ever been the same again because, you know, his whole damn ankle collapsed.

8 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I am actually excited to see the competition between Dillard and Mailata. Realistically, I could see them holding on to both regardless of who wins as a swing tackle like Big V was and eventually put them in as Lane's eventual replacement. Additionally, who knows if Lane will be back and fully ready for the season opener next year or if he'll ever been the same again because, you know, his whole damn ankle collapsed.

Yeah it's a good problem to have. I think Dillard, although it's not what you want from your first round pick, can be a very valuable depth piece at the very least. We're gonna be deep as hell on the line from all these young guys getting reps.

39 minutes ago, oland11 said:

The competition should be between Isaac and Dillard at LG.

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

We don't need Dallas drafting Caleb Farley, let them get the W this week and next, then they can draft whoever the CB3 of this class is. A few spots of draft position can be the difference between us getting back a 2nd (or more) or a 3rd if we did trade back.

Playing the long ball I see. Let them win the battle but lose the war. 

It'll be a very merry Christmas for Mr Jones.... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5534744

On 12/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't think Dillard can play guard. He better start working the right side though, where he looked awful and admitted defeat before the game even started. 

Maybe cause he had always been a LT and switching sides ain't that easy, especially on like no notice like Tra Thomas who would know has said.

What side Dillard is on isn't the issue although I'm sure he would rather be on the left side just cause its what he's used to.

It's his core/overall strength that needs to improve for his anchor. Obviously he can't do upper body lifting with the bicep injury. Hope he's been working hard on his core and legs.

3 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Not saying he'd beat him out. But Johnson is getting up there and seems to be declining. He would probably get a shot at RT due to injury and RT is a long term need.

All the guys we could possibly want to trade to get picks for are at their lowest value ever. 

Johnson after turning 30 and the ankle collapsing.

Wentz after turning into a shell of his former self with shaken confidence and regressing mechanics.

Ertz after being discouraged by not getting an extension and seeing the writing on the wall and having terrible production cause of bad effort, time missed, and bad QB play.

SMH..... everything is so bleak right now.