Weak 16: Eagles vs Cowboys- Nobody wants to win

EaglesPeteC

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 12/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't think Dillard can play guard. He better start working the right side though, where he looked awful and admitted defeat before the game even started. 

Maybe cause he had always been a LT and switching sides ain't that easy, especially on like no notice like Tra Thomas who would know has said.

What side Dillard is on isn't the issue although I'm sure he would rather be on the left side just cause its what he's used to.

It's his core/overall strength that needs to improve for his anchor. Obviously he can't do upper body lifting with the bicep injury. Hope he's been working hard on his core and legs.

3 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Not saying he'd beat him out. But Johnson is getting up there and seems to be declining. He would probably get a shot at RT due to injury and RT is a long term need.

All the guys we could possibly want to trade to get picks for are at their lowest value ever. 

Johnson after turning 30 and the ankle collapsing.

Wentz after turning into a shell of his former self with shaken confidence and regressing mechanics.

Ertz after being discouraged by not getting an extension and seeing the writing on the wall and having terrible production cause of bad effort, time missed, and bad QB play.

SMH..... everything is so bleak right now.

cause it got paged

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

declining? the guy wasn't giving up pressures on one foot. 

I don't think that is true. He was noticeably getting beat just watching games. Could be due to the injury but this injury is something he might have to deal with the rest of his career.  

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

wentz taking sacks on his own doesnt mean the OL was being beat 

I know Wentz has been a huge problem in that regard, but lets not act like the oline would have been good regardless. They wouldn't have the worst numbers in the league, but they also wouldn't be very good.

15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Well, I don't WANT to trade Lane, but I would understand it for the future if there was a really good offer, but there won't be now.

Depends on how hard core they go rebuild. If they are gonna burn it and start completely over then yeah but I doubt that is the thought process. Also, he’s been restructured a zillion times so they probably take a cap hit 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Depends on how hard core they go rebuild. If they are gonna burn it and start completely over then yeah but I doubt that is the thought process. Also, he’s been restructured a zillion times so they probably take a cap hit 

Yeah, Eagles definitely aren't gonna completely burn it down and we would take almost a 30 million cap hit if we traded Lane lol.

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Lane's ankle heals properly, he's probably still the best RT in the league. 31 is not that old for a tackle. We'd be fools to trade him even if we are going full rebuild (which we won't).... not that we could afford that dead cap anyway.

We do need to rebuild next year but we can't get out of Lane's contract anyway. With Brooks and Lane back our Oline will probably be really good next year.

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Lane's ankle heals properly, he's probably still the best RT in the league. 31 is not that old for a tackle. We'd be fools to trade him even if we are going full rebuild (which we won't).... not that we could afford that dead cap anyway.

Lane’s value also maybe takes a hit with his PED suspensions. He gets nailed again I think it’s a whole season. Just this year all those guys got flagged because a trainer did it to them.

I don’t see us moving him at all. Especially not so we can try to get Dillard and Mailata in.