Weak 16: Eagles vs Cowboys- Nobody wants to win

EaglesPeteC

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

This is an indictment on the coaching staff more than anything.

I think ultimately it says more about Schwartz than anyone else. Also the quote Vilma attributed to Schwartz on air last night where Jim basically absolved himself of any blame "The scheme is what it is, it's there, we just need to execute." Really sounds like he's not holding himself accountable at all and pointing the finger exclusively at the players.

To be fair your defense has some really crappy players. That one DB was awful. 

4 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

Which is the most frustrating part. It's like Doug knows how to be a good coach, but deliberately chooses not to. 

He gets over confident in his QBs. He saw Hurts make that 80 yard td to jackson then starting throwing madden like plays 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What wins does Schwartz have here over elite QBs? Tom Brady in the super bowl and Andrew Luck?

Lets be honest also.... Brady threw for a thousand yards in the Super Bowl & so did Rodgers last year in GB. Pederson-Schwartz should be fired & that's not an over exaggeration. Beating that list of QB's they have this year proves it. The team has absolutely SUCKED ROYALLY in all aspects and it just continues a steady decline since the Super Bowl. I anticipate Lurie to bring them both back & the team will stink again next year. Packers get LaFleur & they have completely been reinvigorated - Get Wentz back under center with a legit coach who will hold him accountable.

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I get it. But you cant expect you DC to be able to compensate for guys that terrible. Thats on your GM for not giving him better stuff to work with.

Howie is problem number one. I think that's the consensus among the entire board... He's been awful from drafting, trading, current roster contracts & adding FA's... Absolutely despicable.

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This season has been the absolute worst case scenario in all aspects. This will not be a quick turnaround. This team will be bad for the next few years 

If this season causes Jim Schwartz to finally get fired, and we get a top 5 pick, and jalen Hurts doesn't suck next year, then it was a pretty good season. Howie being stripped of draft power would be a win as well.

Next year we might actually have a decent QB for the first 12 weeks, Reagor should theoretically be better next year, we get back our stud RG (knock on wood), Goedert will finally be undisputed TE1, we hopefully add an impact player (Ja'Mar or DeVonta or Parsons or Waddle) in the 1st round, and potentially a new DC. Aside from kelce/Lane/Cox/Graham/Brooks all being even older, I think we should win the NFCE next year, unless Dak joins the Redskins. Hopefully kelce plays one more year.

Edited by Jeezla

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Think it’s about more what he hasn’t done? I get it, injuries, poor QB play, etc., but it’s hard not to get frustrated when 

A) our last several high picked WRs struggled early, and indeed sucked.

B) seems every other highly picked rookie WR is performing well. 

Reagor will continue to get snaps through 2021, no question, we have no alternatives. If he’s the real deal, and just took a bit longer to catch on than his peers, we’ll find out because opportunity will be there. Even if he’s the deep threat we were promised, WR is a need since there’s nothing else there long term (Ward and Fulgham are nice... for UDFAs). He looked good vs AZ, drew DPIs and had a TD underthrown/late... but that’s pretty much the only time in 2020 I thought “1st round talent”.

I have been out on Howie since 2013 and can´t think low enough of him, but the fact that we pass on the wrong players time and time again is one thing. But on the other hand the players we do select not only are not as good as the players we pass, they are none factors, they are completely underwhelming and even detrimental to the team. That tells us of the massive failures at developing of the coaching staff not only at WR but on so many other positions. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

If this season causes Jim Schwartz to finally get fired, and we get a top 5 pick, and jalen Hurts doesn't suck next year, then it was a pretty good season. Howie being stripped of draft power would be a win as well.

Next year we might actually have a decent QB for the first 12 weeks, Reagor should theoretically be better next year, we get back our stud RG (knock on wood), Goedert will finally be undisputed TE1, we hopefully add an impact player (Ja'Mar or DeVonta or Parsons or Waddle) in the 1st round, and potentially a new DC. Aside from kelce/Lane/Cox/Graham/Brooks all being even older, I think we should win the NFCE next year, unless Dak joins the Redskins. Hopefully kelce plays one more year.

There is no way we are winning the NFCE next year unless Hurts is just a stud. I don’t see that happening. Unfortunately this week we probably saw what the real Hurts will look like for the foreseeable future, at least with this staff in charge. 

We are a bottom 5 team in the NFL with -$80M in cap space and buffoon head coach. We’ll be lucky to win 6.

21 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I have been out on Howie since 2013 and can´t think low enough of him, but the fact that we pass on the wrong players time and time again is one thing. But on the other hand the players we do select not only are not as good as the players we pass, they are none factors, they are completely underwhelming and even detrimental to the team. That tells us of the massive failures at developing of the coaching staff not only at WR but on so many other positions. 

It's a scouting thing. It's painfully obvious that this front office can not scout talent. The Jalen Reagor pick is the cherry on top of years of bad talent evaluation.