Chase Young & Brandon Scherff make the Pro Bowl

turtle28

On 12/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, offbyone said:

Chase Young deserves it, but Brandon Scherff ?  He has been crap or hurt all but maybe 2 games.  

He is getting it based off his name & guards like Zach Martin being out for the year but I will say that when Scherff returned from his knee sprain that our running game got better from October till now which helped us go on our winning streak. I agree that Scherff is a bit overrated and doesn’t deserve to be the highest paid OG in the NFL next year or the $15 million he’s making now on the franchise tag, but w/o him our OL is true trash instead of our OL being average when he plays.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I agree. Chase Young isn't just a great player. He's a culture changer!

Yep, he’s changed this teams culture along with Rivera.

As I said in another thread though if we had taken Tua or Herbert it wouldn’t have been the worst thing either bc we’d have a good prospect at QB but, I wouldn’t change drafting Chase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

If you could go back and select Justin Herbert over Chase Young, would you do it? 

This was a topic of conversation between me and some buddies the other day. 

It’s so easy to ask the question but who knows how Herbert would’ve played here? He could be what we see now or he could be handcuffed by Scott Turner. I’m glad they took Chase. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It’s so easy to ask the question but who knows how Herbert would’ve played here? He could be what we see now or he could be handcuffed by Scott Turner. I’m glad they took Chase. 

Yeah, seeing Herbert in a horizontal passing offense is not exactly what I’d want to see.